**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu

Is this Champion good??? if So, what tier would he be...
God, Demi God, Amazing, Good or meh tier.
Would he be worth awakening

Comments

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Awakening Dormamu only really matters if you will be using him on war defense. Otherwise he's just fine without it.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Awesome champ. Better than magik for power control. He has 2 immunities, drains power with his 2nd medium attack, guaranteed power lock on sp2 (when imbued it drains a lot of power too). Great nullify for sp1 (every buff is nullified when imbued which is amazing with MD mastery). He can heal, and his soul bond detonations have decent damage. Really good utility champ, you just have to get used to managing dark energy and try to get imbued as often as possible. Sp3 gives you constant dark energy which is good for the longer fights.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    How do you heal with Dormammu? I don't think I have ever triggered it. All I ever do is end each combo with a medium attack and use SP2 when imbued. @MegaSkater67
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    How do you heal with Dormammu? I don't think I have ever triggered it. All I ever do is end each combo with a medium attack and use SP2 when imbued. @MegaSkater67

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxKkzgd25wk

Place a soul bond on your opponent with a heavy attack. Best to parry first. Each time your opponent uses a special, or you drain their power it will build up the same way as your dark energy. Build it up to 100 to get the best heal. Then you need to use an imbued (green symbol under your health bar at 100 dark energy, don’t finish a combo with a medium or you’ll lose it) sp3 to get a dimensional link buff. After that you detonate the soul bond with another heavy and you’ll heal for 25% of the damage the detonation deals. Won’t be a Regen buff, you’ll just get a chunk of health back.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I really like him. Mine is R4 and unduped. Great power control and is double immune.

The only issues I have with him is that
    1)he doesn't hit very hard. There are better damage dealers out there.
    2) He sucks against an awakened Ultron. Dorm is 100% energy attacks and Ultron absorbs health from them. Fighting the Proving Grounds boss with him sucks.
    3) His controls are a bit clunky. Especially if you're not comfortable ending a combo with a medium.

I would say he's about the same as Vision. Very good, not god. Only thing he has over Vision is that he has better power gain if you have MD masteries.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I really like him. Mine is R4 and unduped. Great power control and is double immune.

The only issues I have with him is that
    1)he doesn't hit very hard. There are better damage dealers out there.
    2) He sucks against an awakened Ultron. Dorm is 100% energy attacks and Ultron absorbs health from them. Fighting the Proving Grounds boss with him sucks.
    3) His controls are a bit clunky. Especially if you're not comfortable ending a combo with a medium.

I would say he's about the same as Vision. Very good, not god. Only thing he has over Vision is that he has better power gain if you have MD masteries.

Hahaha, that's absolutely true. I totally agree that Dormammu sucked when fighting a fully awaken (worse if high sig) Ultron. Every hit Dormammu place on ultron, ultron recovers a big portion of the damage lost, and the fight takes forever to finish. Other champs with energy attacks are not too bad as part of their attacks are physical and not 100% energy based.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    First time I did it was in arenas. Didn't even think about it and paired my 4/40 Dorm up against a 5/50 Ultron. After 70 hits I think I had him down about 30%. Just said it wasn't worth it and just let Ultron win. At the time I thought it was a Ultron armor vs Dorm weak attack issue, until I did it again in the Proving Grounds. That's when I noticed the huge green + numbers after every hit. Ended up losing that fight as well but checked the awakened ability of Ultron and made the discovery.

Still happens once in a while in arenas when I'm on cruise control. Those are some crazy long fights.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    First time I did it was in arenas. Didn't even think about it and paired my 4/40 Dorm up against a 5/50 Ultron. After 70 hits I think I had him down about 30%. Just said it wasn't worth it and just let Ultron win. At the time I thought it was a Ultron armor vs Dorm weak attack issue, until I did it again in the Proving Grounds. That's when I noticed the huge green + numbers after every hit. Ended up losing that fight as well but checked the awakened ability of Ultron and made the discovery.

Still happens once in a while in arenas when I'm on cruise control. Those are some crazy long fights.

That’s probably his biggest weakness, I use my dormammu on offence in AW and never risk the techs because if it does happen to Be ultron it takes forever. Only thing you can do really is use sp3, doesn’t absorb the damage from that one at least but still a bad matchup. Without his soul bonds his damage isn’t that great. But with all that utility he’s worth it imo.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Thanks guys! But the fight is normally over by then. @MikeHock @MegaSkater67
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Just got a 5* dormammu out of a 10k crystal the other day. Still trying to learn his abilities
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Double Immune but still gets health from willpower/salve which is nice. His SP2 is really hard to evade so he's good on unblockables for that. Feels a little squishy for his size, but still very good.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    5k t4cc shards from r5'ing my sig 40 Dorm.

So yeah, I like mine. :smile:
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    adqqedfyvr wrote: »
    Demi god/ god

God tier? Are you kidding me? Man people use that label so liberally now a days.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Dorm is ridiculously good. I don't care about the labels, but he's easily worth ranking all the way up. But if you're using him as an attacker, then an AG would be useless for him so save it. Mystic AGs should go only to DV (and possibly SW).

Dorm's sig is only useful if he's being used as a defender. But I wouldn't make any investments for AWD atm.

Check out this video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7byvrv/the_collector_121k_hp_attempt_on_a_single_run/?st=j9yrmbo9&sh=b39a3a1a
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I say demi-god at least. Is worth the awakening.
  • Didn't realize Dorm had a regen. Thanks for the info guys, but I wouldn't consider him God tier. Demi-God at most
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    He's top 5 defender thanks to dexterity