R4 CapIW?

Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Member Posts: 150
I’ve used Cap a lot over the years but I’m hesitating using my 3>4 science gem on him. Is he getting passed up and left behind as mcoc evolves? He is max sig and useful in questing no doubt. The other guys I’m considering are Tourch, Quicksilver (who I haven’t really learned yet), Mr. Negative, and Void. What do you guys think?

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    CapIW is a Solid choice, if you like to play with him then you should rank him up. Good luck with the rank up! :)
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I brought up QS over Cap yesterday. It was a tough choice because I love Cap so much, but QS doesn't need any team members to reach his highest potential. I was skeptical of QS when he was released because he didn't have the immediate "BOOM" factor like Hercules, but he truly is in the top 3 science champs, and I think Cap barely cracks the top 10 in the current meta. I will bring him up eventually, but I don't think it would have been wise for him to be only my second science r4
  • Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Member Posts: 150
    Lpoo said:

I brought up QS over Cap yesterday. It was a tough choice because I love Cap so much, but QS doesn't need any team members to reach his highest potential. I was skeptical of QS when he was released because he didn't have the immediate "BOOM" factor like Hercules, but he truly is in the top 3 science champs, and I think Cap barely cracks the top 10 in the current meta. I will bring him up eventually, but I don't think it would have been wise for him to be only my second science r4

Thanks for the insight. I need to practice with QS. And do you think I should use one of 4 generic awakening gems I’m sitting on? I’ve seen varying opinions on awakening him. I kinda feel if I’m being oh a champ to r4 they should be awakened.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

Thanks for the insight. I need to practice with QS. And do you think I should use one of 4 generic awakening gems I’m sitting on? I’ve seen varying opinions on awakening him. I kinda feel if I’m being oh a champ to r4 they should be awakened.
    High prestige champs are so tough because a lot of online opinions will tell you to gem them without taking into account their awakened ability. QS has a pretty decent awakend ability, but its the slow down function that he has when he is awakened that is super fun and cool (a little trippy). If you bring him up and are able to learn him, I'd say give him the gem
    Thanks!
  • BigBusterBigBuster Member Posts: 292 ★★★
    Cap is getting pretty outdated. He isn't the best for BGs. He isn't the best for AW/AQ. His strong suit is questing, but story content/SQ/EQ are already easy. I have a r3 sig 200 and he isn't going any further for the foreseeable future.
    BigBuster said:

Cap is getting pretty outdated. He isn't the best for BGs. He isn't the best for AW/AQ. His strong suit is questing, but story content/SQ/EQ are already easy. I have a r3 sig 200 and he isn't going any further for the foreseeable future.

That’s where mine is sitting too. I’ll leave him for the time being. Thanks.