**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will you hoard your 7* shards if Kabam does this?

13»

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    It would be nice if they didn't place any champions in the pool who haven't been through the rebalancing/buff programs. Or reviewed and assessed as 'adequate'

I mean that still leaves Nova, Psycho-man and Guillotine in there, but still...
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    The champs they have been through that are some of the most likely ones to get left out lol. I’d love a 7* red mags, Diablo, mole god, etc in there…
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Personally I’m going to wait at least until after the 4th of July sale to pop any 7* crystals idc who is in the pool. Currently at 25k shards hoping to get to 100k before I pop. I do wonder if 7* will be added to cavalier crystals or if/when Kabam will introduce a paragon hero crystal with a chance for 4-7 star champs
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★

Personally I’m going to wait at least until after the 4th of July sale to pop any 7* crystals idc who is in the pool. Currently at 25k shards hoping to get to 100k before I pop. I do wonder if 7* will be added to cavalier crystals or if/when Kabam will introduce a paragon hero crystal with a chance for 4-7 star champs

Actually that (4-7* paragon crystals) makes A LOT of sense. Probably needs to be it’s own post.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    I was playing back when 5* dropped and immediately spent my shards and got a 5* rhino.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

I was playing back when 5* dropped and immediately spent my shards and got a 5* rhino.

Hahahaha. I know a guy who had sold all his 4* just to pull a 5 * rhino he rage quit after that lol. My first 2 was classic spider-man smh. If history says anything the first pool of 7* will be trash.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Typically that has been how it has been done, champs put in the crystals in batches. Some that have been in game since the first year where withheld as "Too OP!" Thor, SW, DS, a few others, (only recently added to crystals) and those that are broken and too difficult to fix short term.
    There will be mostly garbage, a handful of champs calculated to cause spending to gamble for them...the patterns have not changed in 7 years, don't expect they will now.
    We don't want too many added at once anyway! Makes it far less likely you will dupe them, even if you pulled a solid champ from one early on.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    DL864 said:

Hahahaha. I know a guy who had sold all his 4* just to pull a 5 * rhino he rage quit after that lol. My first 2 was classic spider-man smh. If history says anything the first pool of 7* will be trash.
    That may or may not have been me lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

I sold my 4* Joe Fixit in order to fill out my first 5* crystal. I pulled a 5* Star Lord. Sold Joe Fixit every time I pulled him after that until Kabam removed the option. Now my 4* Fixit is max sig lol. I'd still sell him if I could.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

DL864 said:

I sold my 4* Joe Fixit in order to fill out my first 5* crystal. I pulled a 5* Star Lord. Sold Joe Fixit every time I pulled him after that until Kabam removed the option. Now my 4* Fixit is max sig lol. I'd still sell him if I could.
    I sold every groot I got until I couldn't now have him at almost every star level
  • Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 140 ★★
    I’m holding all shards til it shows a decent amount of good characters in the 7* pool. The best champ in the first 6* pool was nebula before she was buffed lol. That pool was AWFUL. I doubt they change it up moving forward. Unless it’s something that can be game changing, I don’t see the point in just throwing the shards away. I mean we only get them currently by dupes. I’m personally at 32k shards. Do the math at how many dudes that took. I’m not about to throw that out the window
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    I wont be wasting precious shards for getting a Drax, of cap or Dr strange, if it has a balanced pool like 5-10 bgt champs(doom, herc), 15 mid(ranging from god-thing to Demi god-mister sinister, guillotine) and another 5-10 bad or less useful (goblin, ddhk, Ronan)
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    My first 5* pull (and third, but let's not go into that) was Juggernaut. Would be quite happy with a 7* Juggy now, to be honest.

In a wider sense, what does the game gain right now from 7* pool that is half full of BGT champions? How would this affect content like Act 8, Gauntlet or even Battlegrounds across the wider meta rather than just the small percent that got incredibly lucky with their first few 7* pulls?

I think some people will be very disappointed with whatever the basic 7* pool ends up being - but maybe that's exactly what the initial pool needs to be, just for right now.

Me personally I'm more interested in what they are going to do with Ascension right at this moment.