**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Removing Bloated Defender Rating from AW

Back when willpower was nerfed the reason handed down to us was to promote diversity within mastery setups. Jump to today and now we rely on using suicide builds to artificially boost our defender rating in hopes to properly compete in Alliance Wars.

Boost items are now used similarly to bloat ratings before placement, forcing the consistent use of them keep up with other competitive alliances.

Having a win/loss scenario come down to the use of items and/or a mastery setup seems odd. Please consider looking into these.

Comments

• NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    all aspects of AW appear set up to maximize item usage over skill
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★

I would argue that most AW are over the moment it begins. Its all about defender rating right now.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340

I would argue that most AW are over the moment it begins. Its all about defender rating right now.

I totally agree with you.

What I am getting at is you have to use champion boosts (item) when placing to increase defender rating. While the AW may be decided as soon as it begins, it's not always clear if you have a higher defender rating than your opponent. The increased node difficulty forces teams to revive (items) over and over with no consequence (no points for defender kills).