BG Season 4

gash228gash228 Member Posts: 112
Now that BG Season 4 is coming to an end, what did you think of it? Was the new meta good or absolute trash?

BG Season 4 91 votes

Don't play BG/See the results
1%
Hickdog27 1 vote
The new meta was great
23%
Heinz11Cat_MurdockGarloPikoluL0TUS_MANTISBlackOracleSpadeHunterViva93TheSaithFiiNCHRonSwansonmagnus_xix__SF__AndremlopesThePredator1001Barri8Dragoon81_Pez_MiniMFHusalah2010 21 votes
It was okay
31%
MagicBentonRaganatorLeediman39BrokenpseudosaneWine_LoverRockypantherxAmazing_Demon05MehmettLuke9523TivjyotHavanaknightAyden_noah1Mobile_P0tat0istwan17MauledRenaxqqGiantwalrus56Rohit_316Yodabolt21 29 votes
It was bad, but tolerable
27%
TendersquadzuffyJinxesaxeDeadmaddyHenriqueSCCPcl41776SCP1504SunRiceOGAvengerDeaconCtfz35AMS94Ironman3000SkyLord7000Masaraksh1JefechutaItsyaboyStephy05PulpyFrootTheBussibaerwillrun4adonut 25 votes
It was awful
16%
Jiggycg999SnakeEyes69SupermanojDarth_StewieLogan00gash228LeoZedRawrasurusIoniqus_797Frydaydu57yOlivJaffa_StertslTheBeast996 15 votes

Comments

• Agent_7Agent_7 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    It was okay
    The meta itself is manageable. However, when you require specific utility to deal with it, it puts you at a disadvantage if the draft RNG doesn’t go your way and that can have a MASSIVE impact on the outcome. So many times I’ve seen my Falcon or Corvus or Hulkling not banned, but they don’t appear once in the draft selection.

It’s all about finding ways to win, but this seems to be a major drawback in this game mode, particularly when you’re a Cav player with limited 6R3/6R2 options and you’re facing TB and Paragons with a solid lineup of R4.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    It was okay
    I have found through 3 seasons that the meta doesn’t really matter. It’s a nuke fest no matter the meta is. It might be a struggle at first, but after a few days or weeks everything becomes normal.

The roster and matchmaking are far more important than the meta in most matches.

Matchmaking needs some attention, but I really don’t know how they can make if fair and enjoyable. Putting to much restrictions will lead to 3-4 minute times to find a match and that is just awful for a mode that already takes 5 minutes per match. Then loosening the restrictions will obviously lead to many unfair matchups.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It was enjoyable for those who had the roster for it
    For others it must have been horrible
    Personally I enjoyed it a lot as it wasn't about just nuking the fights, but I still feel.it wasn't a good choice for Victory Track
    Just bcoz I had the roster for it doesn't mean I can't see why it's bad
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    It was okay
    I saw plenty of guys on Discord and Line who couldn't even make it to GC this season due to VT becoming so restrictive .
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    It was okay
    Galan paradise
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 930 ★★★★
    It was okay
    Didn't at first, but have grown to enjoy it. Definitely too RNG based when drafting as others have said
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    The new meta was great
    I enjoyed the fact you had to use champs and playstyles that you normally wouldn’t use, it gave value to champs that otherwise wouldn’t be super useful in BG. It was nice change from picking the same champs and just trying to nuke the defender faster than your opponent. But I can see the frustration from players with more limited rosters
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    I played at most 20 matches this month. Didn’t have fun in the meta, and decided the rewards weren’t worth not having that fun!

It was nice to take a break. We all need it from time to time. Especially when we aren’t getting what we want!

It sets a bad standard for new seasons however, because like I’ve said on other threads, this was an endgame meta, for mid game players and mid game rewards. Would’ve been better suited for only GC.

But alas, we made it through. Excited to see how next season turns out!

Jinx
  • TheSaithTheSaith Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    The new meta was great
    BG is meant to be hard and different, yeah bugs needs to be fixed