**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on BG Season 5 start date?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
Per the changelog, the next season starts 2/8.
This essentially makes it so that it is only a 1 week gap from the end of the previous season (2/1).

As a point of reference, the gap between S3 end and S4 start was 12/19 and 1/4, respectively (2 weeks). The gap between S2 and S3 was 11/14 and 11/21 (1 week).

Do you like having a 1 week gap between BG seasons, or did you like having the 2 week gap?

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Im fairly positive (but could be wrong) the goal has always been to keep the seasons 1 week apart and I believe at least some of the seasons were 1 week apart. As stated above, I believe they are right that the previous season off time was extended based on the holidays.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    As much as I want to say I like the 1 week gap better for my own personal reasons, I think 2 is better overall as having it synced up with AW season is much better. Having AW and BG rewards come out at the same time will make moving between alliances and recruiting new players much easier since the timing of everything lines up.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    My only complaint is them switching the start date to Wednesdays. I preferred the Monday start since it didn't overlap with new content.
  • Options
    TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    edited February 2023
    I think it doesn't matter how long the gap is, we have 4 weeks to get where we'd like and in the end last week's meta decides what we can reach.

What I'd be happy to see, is beeing able to play battlegrounds even in offseason. Just some matches that doesn't even count, you just play it for fun (aware nodes need to be determined for offseason too). For a bg grinder it just feels off not to play at least few matches during the gap.
  • Options
    Kasnow1Kasnow1 Posts: 59
    altavista said:

Per the changelog, the next season starts 2/8.
    This essentially makes it so that it is only a 1 week gap from the end of the previous season (2/1).

As a point of reference, the gap between S3 end and S4 start was 12/19 and 1/4, respectively (2 weeks). The gap between S2 and S3 was 11/14 and 11/21 (1 week).

Do you like having a 1 week gap between BG seasons, or did you like having the 2 week gap?

I will not play first week. so I have my 2 weeks gap. Sometimes it’s simple.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

My only complaint is them switching the start date to Wednesdays. I preferred the Monday start since it didn't overlap with new content.

Last season, they turned around rewards in 72 hours. Since it ended Monday, that meant midday Thursday. Due to the weekend now being involved, 72 hours might stretch to midday Monday and spill into another AQ cycle.

Let me be clear - I think 5 days isn’t inherently unreasonable for this type of operation. I just wish Kabam would set an expectation for alliance officers and players looking for new homes.

People have been trying to recruit and this creates a LOT of potential for hurt feelings or wasted time.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Raganator said:

Last season, they turned around rewards in 72 hours. Since it ended Monday, that meant midday Thursday. Due to the weekend now being involved, 72 hours might stretch to midday Monday and spill into another AQ cycle.

Let me be clear - I think 5 days isn’t inherently unreasonable for this type of operation. I just wish Kabam would set an expectation for alliance officers and players looking for new homes.

People have been trying to recruit and this creates a LOT of potential for hurt feelings or wasted time.
    Honestly, AQ needs to become a 7 Day cycle so that it fits into everything a lot better. I don't care whether it's 4 on 3 off or 5 on 2 off but the 8 Day cycle creates unnecessary difficulty in coordinating things imo.