**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam needs to pay more attention to EQ defenders

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
I was about to do just the completion of TB because I was bored, Im Paragon with a pretty decent roster, but then, when I was starting to play I noticed that there are still defenders that shouldnt be put in the quest with those nodes.

In this case it was in the second quest, the mutant one, I just went through the Ikaris and Air Walker one, both champions that you have to play with Mystics because some of their abilities affect to the other classes but Mystic.

This happened before with a Tech node Nebula, where you had to put High Voltage debuffs to get furys, Nebula being immune to them.

Please, I dont know which part of the game team is in charge to put the defenders in each quest, but you should let this to them so they pay more attention to this things, because I guess it is not intended, because it would be completely senseless to put nodes for X class, being easier to do it with other classes, so I think those are just mistakes, everybody makes mistakes, no one is perfect, but Its important to learn from them.

There are more than 200 characters in the game, i dont think is hard to find between 24 to 42 characters for each class that dont give disadvantage to the class you should play with the nodes.

Im going to do it still but without the class required champs, because it is way easier with other ones, but this shouldnt be the case were I can do it easily with other classes.

Just saying

Comments

• Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Jefechuta said:

I was about to do just the completion of TB because I was bored, Im Paragon with a pretty decent roster, but then, when I was starting to play I noticed that there are still defenders that shouldnt be put in the quest with those nodes.

In this case it was in the second quest, the mutant one, I just went through the Ikaris and Air Walker one, both champions that you have to play with Mystics because some of their abilities affect to the other classes but Mystic.

This happened before with a Tech node Nebula, where you had to put High Voltage debuffs to get furys, Nebula being immune to them.

Please, I dont know which part of the game team is in charge to put the defenders in each quest, but you should let this to them so they pay more attention to this things, because I guess it is not intended, because it would be completely senseless to put nodes for X class, being easier to do it with other classes, so I think those are just mistakes, everybody makes mistakes, no one is perfect, but Its important to learn from them.

There are more than 200 characters in the game, i dont think is hard to find between 24 to 42 characters for each class that dont give disadvantage to the class you should play with the nodes.

Im going to do it still but without the class required champs, because it is way easier with other ones, but this shouldnt be the case were I can do it easily with other classes.

Just saying

Nebula you couldn't actually get the buffs on. You can for AW and Ikaris. If you would rather bring a mystic counter, you have that choice as well.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

U do know they want u to:
    1- Figure out the fight
    2- Die revive and keep on trying...

They are just going to make it not funny to do anymore...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    What mutants do you have to do that quest with?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Its suppose to be hard but tbh they did make a counter to ikaris and air walker and the name is kitty also u could stryfe aa the fights u dont need a mystic for 1.2 mutant quest for airwalker and ikaris tbh one i found the hardest was jessica jones as u couldnt actually throw specials if u didnt use the right jj counter aka using a cleanse champ
    Bendy said:

Its suppose to be hard but tbh they did make a counter to ikaris and air walker and the name is kitty also u could stryfe aa the fights u dont need a mystic for 1.2 mutant quest for airwalker and ikaris tbh one i found the hardest was jessica jones as u couldnt actually throw specials if u didnt use the right jj counter aka using a cleanse champ

Still needs to be awakened, I used her anyway but I was just like "nah"; being killed or receiving high damage when I didnt get hit not even on block was like too annoying for me.

What mutants do you have to do that quest with?

The first 4 are max sig, If I had Kitty awakened it would be much easier cause I wouldnt get damage.

I tried Apoc for Ikaris, won with 40% HP without getting hit.

Tried Kitty for Air Walker, died without getting hit and Air Walker got 8% left. Then I came back for the forums to post this discussions, playing perfectly the match and losing one and half champs felt quite wrong.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Rank up that cable. With apoc he can do the entire thing and with white mags, he's seriously sustainable if you run suicides.

He was my fourth r4 mutant after apoc, kitty and Omega.

Rank up that cable. With apoc he can do the entire thing and with white mags, he's seriously sustainable if you run suicides.

He was my fourth r4 mutant after apoc, kitty and Omega.

Yeah he is at R2, but I'm in lack of ISO, had to do some rank ups for Act 8 exploration so Im in a lack of both ISO and Gold, got some R3 and R2 in a week so...
    For Ikaris-
    You need to launch a sp1 before the power detonation expires. Sym Supreme works really well here.

Bring Magneto for MODOK. Bring Apoc w/cable, Kang or Mr Sinister. Bring Doom or Sym Supreme for Ikaris and one other mutant you want for the rest of the path.

To make this easier for you, use the mystic attacker on Ikaris and the rest of the path is easy for Apoc. Apoc is the best attacker for this quest.

The biggest issue this quest has is how quickly the unblockable expires. If you want an easier time, us any mutant that has a natural unblockable special attack. Once you have the 10 fury's built up, it doesn't take long.

I try to build up tona sp1 and then parry heavy and launch the sp1 while unblockable.

For Ikaris-
    You need to launch a sp1 before the power detonation expires. Sym Supreme works really well here.

Bring Magneto for MODOK. Bring Apoc w/cable, Kang or Mr Sinister. Bring Doom or Sym Supreme for Ikaris and one other mutant you want for the rest of the path.

To make this easier for you, use the mystic attacker on Ikaris and the rest of the path is easy for Apoc. Apoc is the best attacker for this quest.

The biggest issue this quest has is how quickly the unblockable expires. If you want an easier time, us any mutant that has a natural unblockable special attack. Once you have the 10 fury's built up, it doesn't take long.

I try to build up tona sp1 and then parry heavy and launch the sp1 while unblockable.

Ikaris deals damage everytime one of his buffs expire If I dont remember wrong, only Mystic receive no dmg, and AirWalker applies his debuffs faster for every buff he has so you need a mystic to nullify them, the rest are quite easy with the mutants.

My main problem is not about how hard it really is, its more about the fact that those champs are in mutant nodes, the same with other champs in different Event Quests along last year, I've done them anyway with different classes but it just feels like they dont really care about this things when they make the event quests, more likely dont care about event quests being fun anymore, kinda feels bad.

Anyway thanks for the tips! Appreciate it, I already did Ikaris with Rintrah and Air Walker with Doom, but the point is that I should have been able to do it with mutants (not only awakened Kitty Pride)
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    The mystic path is the funniest. Hercules, a cosmic does fights faster and easier than the mystics
    I would love to know how they think about all the Event Quest every month, im quite curious about it
    Jefechuta said:

For Ikaris-

Ikaris deals damage everytime one of his buffs expire If I dont remember wrong, only Mystic receive no dmg, and AirWalker applies his debuffs faster for every buff he has so you need a mystic to nullify them, the rest are quite easy with the mutants.

My main problem is not about how hard it really is, its more about the fact that those champs are in mutant nodes, the same with other champs in different Event Quests along last year, I've done them anyway with different classes but it just feels like they dont really care about this things when they make the event quests, more likely dont care about event quests being fun anymore, kinda feels bad.

Anyway thanks for the tips! Appreciate it, I already did Ikaris with Rintrah and Air Walker with Doom, but the point is that I should have been able to do it with mutants (not only awakened Kitty Pride)
    Ikaris does burst damage when he has 7+ energize and he loses power in any form.

Jefechuta said:

For Ikaris-

Ikaris does burst damage when he has 7+ energize and he loses power in any form.
    Thats it, I just readed it but didnt remember if it was power, buffs or what
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    I see no issue with this they just trying to make sure you don’t try to use one class

I see no issue with this they just trying to make sure you don’t try to use one class

They literally make you use one class because of the nodes lol
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

They literally make you use one class because of the nodes lol
    They're not forcing you to use one class. They encourage you to use it if you want to get the damage bonus and finish the quest faster, but you can bring whoever you want into the quest.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 988 ★★★★
    Ikaris does not need a mystic counter. Just use heavies until you have a special ready and bait out his sp1.

Mutant is a very strong class. Magneto gets an advantage over most of the class that is supposed to be his weakness. I have 4 mutant R4s (Kitty, AA, Apoc and Wpn X). They were all immensely fun to use on this quest. Magneto solos modok pretty easy, even a 5 star.
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 473 ★★★
    AA melts both Ikaris and Air-Walker! And that is the point of if. You have to figure out counters!
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    just use kitty with tigra for the whole quest. sprinkle in apoc. bring a boss counter and +1 of whoever you like. DONE
    The point its not about counters and stuff that you could bring, it is about why put this kind of champions that shouldnt be in specific class types that are not their direct counters, same with champs that are immune to nodes.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

The point its not about counters and stuff that you could bring, it is about why put this kind of champions that shouldnt be in specific class types that are not their direct counters, same with champs that are immune to nodes.

Its meant to be difficult and make you think...
    It has been done many times..
    The one i can remember was the mutant one where u get buffed from unblockable attacks and they put Red Guardian on it...
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

The one i can remember was the mutant one where u get buffed from unblockable attacks and they put Red Guardian on it...
    Being honest, I dont really think they really thought about it when they put Red Guardian on that path, same with Nebula, same with a lot of champions
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Being honest, I dont really think they really thought about it when they put Red Guardian on that path, same with Nebula, same with a lot of champions
    They have done it many times.. that's one that i can remember.. but they have been throwing curve balls to the path...at least is better than throwing Magiks and Electros at the end of the path making u lose health out of spite...
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

They have done it many times.. that's one that i can remember.. but they have been throwing curve balls to the path...at least is better than throwing Magiks and Electros at the end of the path making u lose health out of spite...
    True, but my point is exactly that, they did it more times, obviously you can do the path anyway with other champs or revives, but when the nodes are class specific I think you should put defenders that are suitable to the nodes.