**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 stars for a TB?

I’m a TB with a pretty decent R3 lineup so far (above) with Doom at R4, so slowly creeping to Paragon.

Human Torch has eluded me until I’ve finally just now got him as a 5 star. Would you still rank him up if you were me?
I still find myself occasionally using 5 stars like AA and Mags that I don’t have as 6 stars yet, so maybe it would be worth it.

At this point, I have only considered ranking up 5 stars that either have niche abilities or need max sigs to be helpful (KP, Namor, etc.) and I love Magik. Any others you would consider ranking to be worth it?

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 ★★★★★
    "Niche abilities or max sigs" ... that was my logic back when I was around your point roster wise. I still rarely ranked up 5* but if I did them 2 reasons would be the only thing to make me do it.

Personally I would say to not rank him atm unless you really need him for something. You've got this far without him, then if you do ever find yourself in need of him he is there to rank up, 5* are much easier on resources to rank up these days
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Personally, I would. I was paragon and still finding myself using my 5* HT a lot before I eventually got the 6* one.
  • Options
    neglass7neglass7 Posts: 214
    If I do rank him up, that’s a guaranteed way to get the 6 star, right???
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I found myself using 5 stars in 8.1 if a I needed something specific. Torch is one of the best champs out there, good for superior Kang too. Take him up, he will likely still be used.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    neglass7 said:

If I do rank him up, that’s a guaranteed way to get the 6 star, right???

I dont know but I used him as 5* R5 and he did the job perfectly, and you will probably need him to explore 8.1 to be Paragon so i would rank him up in your case just because you will need him, he does a few paths that are way harder without him, same with bosses
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    Try holding out on ranking him until absolutely necessary. That way you may still get a 6* version. I used Torch for 8.1, he's awesome
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 499 ★★★
    I am a little behind you. I am on the grandmaster fight, got 7 r3s, can r3 several more, r4 materials also very close and 15+ r2s. Managing iso and gold right now.

I got a human torch at 5* and ranked him. Him and Galan are the only 5*s i have ranked after getting my first r3. I think its worth it. If nothing else, he is superb at battlegrounds and would have a use in most metas there. Plus he does so well on nodes that i keep him around. He rarely makes my quest team unless i need him specifically to counter nodes but battlegrounds and specific counter is reason enough for the 5* r5.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I would rank torch up. He is such a solid champ that even 5 star can be very beneficial for your account.
    I still rank up 5 star champs which I want to play with as still 5 stars can do most of the content.