**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI Behavior

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
Tell me I ain't the only one noticing after the recent update that AI's are now blocking specials too quickly after doing combos on them. I experienced that in TB difficulty when facing black cat in 1.2 with power struggle as the node I did combo on her gained Sp1 and she blocked it right away causing me to get poisoned due to biohazard node.🤦(Could've used OR but I like using other champs besides him lol)

Apparently in BG as well as I been told the same that AI are blocking specials quickly as well. But I am sure we will get the same answer as we always get and that is AI Behavior hasn't been changed 🙄😒.

Comments

• Options
    xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70

Lots of input issues for me too. The worst for me are random dashes and block not working.

These random dashes are just unreal, but the worst part is everytime it does random dash, if you are lucky enough to avoid punishment, your champ almost immediately enters into almost a semi-frozen state.. won't block, wont throw special, wont dash or dodge..

Also, i turned on the show touches on screen option on my phone... To see if I was clipping the edges of my screen... Instead you see touches just going lightning speed back and forth across the fighting screen... Even while you're not touching the screen..good stuff
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    agree, faced this issue in BG once. we have to play very very safe without getting K.O, till kabam answers our doubts.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 141
    I fought a Super Skrull in BGs yesterday with Tigra. He blocked almost every heavy I threw at him.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Interrupted heavies. That’s been my theme for today. Even had the second part of a two-part heavy (but not the first) resisted.

Dr. Zola

This has been happening to me for awhile. I can’t tell you how many times Tigra or Apoc get “resisted” on the final hit.

On the flip side, it also happens where it’s resists the first hit but not the rest.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 782 ★★★
    anyone dealing with a stingy AI not giving up a sp1? It's toys around till it builds up a sp3. Or when it has spider ham poppers. It waits till the poppers nodes are gone and then gives an sp. What's the use of having the poppers on the defenders when trying to coax the defenders is like pulling teeth.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Interrupted heavies. That’s been my theme for today. Even had the second part of a two-part heavy (but not the first) resisted.

Dr. Zola

This has been happening to me for awhile. I can’t tell you how many times Tigra or Apoc get “resisted” on the final hit.

On the flip side, it also happens where it’s resists the first hit but not the rest.
    Not a developer, but I’ve theorized a couple of possibilities.

On one hand, perhaps there is just enough stutter in the frame rate that the defender AI sees it as a pause in the attackers attack and has a split second opening to counter. Given my gameplay and rendering issues, this seems plausible.

On the other hand, with all the multi-hit champs, it could be that the team has actually enhanced this ability to check for inputs during the other champ’s combos/specials/etc. I’ve had entire specials run at and dodged and evaded by the defender when they really shouldn’t be (much like you see some of the top notch players do with their Tigras to get spacing) and I’ve had combos interrupted without the defender ever evading. Those could be the first thing I mentioned, or they could be part of the team trying to make the champs moves more interactive by interjecting input options ever so small into AI behavior.

Whatever it is, it’s awfully frustrating to have something like I had in BGs yesterday: iDoom heavy on Bishop in the corner, first part of heavy drops Bishop to 1% health, but Bishop resists part 2 of heavy and immediately drops Sp3.

In case you’re wondering, I lost that fight.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Posts: 123 ★★★
    I put a post up too in regards to AI behaviour, I agree with this fully what op has posted, but mines in regards to holding on and not throwing specials, more noticeably on champs like omega sentinal and xbones, who need to to maintain furies and debuffs, the ai will not throw specials until your furies end or their debuffs end, and also won't play ball when it comes to intercepting, like when you use abs man, they go passive, like really passive, even with herc and infuriate is on, they some how manage to hit you when you set up a light intercept.. This behavior completely removes the point of designing new champion mechanics.. Unenjoyable
  • Options
    Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    edited February 2023

I put a post up too in regards to AI behaviour, I agree with this fully what op has posted, but mines in regards to holding on and not throwing specials, more noticeably on champs like omega sentinal and xbones, who need to to maintain furies and debuffs, the ai will not throw specials until your furies end or their debuffs end, and also won't play ball when it comes to intercepting, like when you use abs man, they go passive, like really passive, even with herc and infuriate is on, they some how manage to hit you when you set up a light intercept.. This behavior completely removes the point of designing new champion mechanics.. Unenjoyable

I am constantly yelling at my phone "THROW YOUR SPECIAL!"...at least in my head I am. It happens in all forms of the game. Mainly during big fights like EQ bosses or BG.

I notice AI goes passive then all of a sudden they are speeding up. For me the worst is when I'm taking hits to the face from the very beginning of the fight...that should NEVER happen. Both, my guy isn't parrying (more or less even blocking) and the game is speeding up during random times.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    If I have to dex a special at long range eg Angela’s sp2 when I dash back in to punish them I’m getting light intercepted!!