A discussion on parry

MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey guys , I'm hella confused on why are defenders not getting stunned on my parries . It's been happening everywhere in the game and no it isn't cuz of failed timing cuz the screen clearly shows 'parry' written on the left and additional things like 'power drain' on the right if there's a node like in tb EQ 2.2 that happens due to a well timed block .
The champs i fight against are not stun immune , there's no node preventing a stun but still they're not getting stunned whenever I parry . Parry's failing 6/10 times for me .
Can anyone help me understand this ? Is this happening to anyone else And what can I do differently to resolve this ?
Please answer a few queries too :
1. Parry = a well timed block , right ?
2. If yes, then why isn't it stunning defenders?
3. It's working as intended ( as they reduced the parry window) but maybe the game is showing 'parry' written wrongly in the fights that's throwing us off by thinking we parried but actually we didn't?
Thank-you for the replies.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

Hey guys , I'm hella confused on why are defenders not getting stunned on my parries . It's been happening everywhere in the game and no it isn't cuz of failed timing cuz the screen clearly shows 'parry' written on the left and additional things like 'power drain' on the right if there's a node like in tb EQ 2.2 that happens due to a well timed block .
    The champs i fight against are not stun immune , there's no node preventing a stun but still they're not getting stunned whenever I parry . Parry's failing 6/10 times for me .
    Can anyone help me understand this ? Is this happening to anyone else And what can I do differently to resolve this ?
    3. It's working as intended ( as they reduced the parry window) but maybe the game is showing 'parry' written wrongly in the fights that's throwing us off by thinking we parried but actually we didn't?

I can’t remember but isn’t there a limber path? If so that might be why, if you parry too much then the parry time is nonexistent.
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    I said there isn't any node interfering with stuns :) .and it's not happening only in EQ , also in story mode and aq too.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

I said there isn't any node interfering with stuns :) .and it's not happening only in EQ , also in story mode and aq too.

Which champs specifically aren’t getting stunned in that quest. I see at least 3 defenders that won’t get stunned with a parry under normal circumstances.
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
    MDx said:

I haven't noticed whether the "parry" appears on my screen or not but my parries have been failing too. Normally I'm really good with parries since I play Longshot Diablo and CGR a lot but lately when I parry I have to wait before I do anything because my opponents are not getting stunned. I'm sure I've missed some of course but before this last update I wasn't missing my parries THIS much which is why I felt confident and enjoyed playing characters who required you to parry a lot.
    I'm pretty sure it's just those input issues everyone's been talking about ever since the update rolled in though so hopefully they're already working on it.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    There's more instant purify occurring across the game as a whole....I have found it's more difficult to get a parry to start with though....
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    @Kabam Dijon any word on this ?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The games a mess man, I hadn’t noticed parry pop up but yeah parry is failing all the time and multi hit specials are just breaking blocks, it’s like the special hits are a full 1 second ahead of their graphic I just fell over dead playing when a defender fired their l2 yesterday but it was a short range first hit nowhere near me
  • ZareZare Member Posts: 11
    I wrote it off at first as running in to a node or ability accuracy reduction mechanic but have also experienced it all over the game now, see dexterity message pop up indicating I triggered it but no stun. It's hard to tell anymore what is intentional and what is due to the weird game engine bugs that are so pervasive lately
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Can you show somewhere where parry pops up but there isn't any stun? A screenshot or video perhaps?
  • rarpaxrarpax Member Posts: 8
    I've been failling parries a lot too. I am not saying I am the parry master or something but its somehow different
  • ironspooderironspooder Member Posts: 62
    I'm having horrible time with dexterity and Parry Me and my alliance have lost So many wars due to unnecessary deaths because of parry and dexterity
  • JoseOkJoseOk Member Posts: 278 ★★
    Imo it stems from a lot of the AIs opening combos thar might include a light attack and it’s harder to parry those…

It’s as intended, but wasn’t supposed to be this bad.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Guess nothing still...