Dynamic vs static backgrounds

11993451199345 Member Posts: 522 ★★★
edited February 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Honest question: Would static backgrounds give us a better/smoother experience and tamp down the lag/input issues?

The game graphics are amazing, and champ animations are top-notch, but I'm wondering how much improvement would there be on overall game play and user experience if they offered an option for static backgrounds?

I'd rather have smoother fights with optimized inputs instead of more birds/airplanes/lights/fires/planets flying around in the background...
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    1199345 said:

Honest question: Would static backgrounds give us a better/smoother experience and tamp down the lag/input issues?

The game graphics are amazing, and champ animations are top-notch, but I'm wondering how much improvement would there be on overall game play and user experience if they offered an option for static backgrounds?

I'd rather have smoother fights with optimized inputs instead of more birds/airplanes/lights/fires/planets flying around in the background...

You are basically talking about a performance mode.
    People have asked for that several times over the years but it never happened.
    While the game would obviously run smoother on most devices, I can see a very serious reason probably the company hesitates to do:
    It would hurt the game’s image and made the game less appealing to new players.
    Imagine potential new players watching their friends playing (or watching YT videos) a game with low resolution graphics and animations.
    I assume it’s for marketing reasons, but that’s only a personal assumption 🙂
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Greekhit said:

1199345 said:

You are basically talking about a performance mode.
    People have asked for that several times over the years but it never happened.
    While the game would obviously run smoother on most devices, I can see a very serious reason probably the company hesitates to do:
    It would hurt the game’s image and made the game less appealing to new players.
    Imagine potential new players watching their friends playing (or watching YT videos) a game with low resolution graphics and animations.
    I assume it’s for marketing reasons, but that’s only a personal assumption 🙂
    I believe its common practice to have performance mode.
    Games like PUBG had this mode and it only encouranged more players to join.

It gives much smoother experience for streamers and content creators.

It doesnt need to be a default mode, it is something that can be switched to in the settings.

But yeah I believe Kabam in not considering this.
  • POOKYmanPOOKYman Member Posts: 34
    edited September 17
    @KabamDORK I think this performance mode would be great. Kabam told me that me iPad Air3 meet minimum requirements of 3GB of RAM. That doesn't make sense to me because MCOC is not a 3D game like Gran Tourismo or some FPS shooter. Maybe the game wouldn't be so resource hungry if some things we don't need are turned off, especially in important fights like AW, BG... For some time now, I have been getting this background image. I literally hate it, because it gives me migraines :(

Edit: can’t add for some reason any graphic ;(