**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Power start boosts affected by ability power rate?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
I went into a fight with Nick Fury in his second life against Mystic Spidey. I hit a power start 1 boost expecting to fire a special 1 at the outset and shutdown his miss mechanic. Instead, I started with 2/3 bar of power.

Spidey reduces ability power rate by 1/3 for each unique buff, so I think that’s what did it. Is this an intended interaction with a prefight boost? Are there other examples of this I’m not thinking of?

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    There are a couple of champs who could potentially benefit from your Power start boost. I've never tried it, but you might find that you start Power Locked, and well below a bar of Power if you're fighting Dr Octopus.

Overseer will start with Gamma power if his opponent has a Power Start, and Psylocke will start with a Psi-charge.

This can make Psylocke really effective Attacking an opponent on a Power Start node, as if she baits out the Special without landing or taking a hit, the opponent will be at zero power and passively Enervated. She can do this automatically against Terrax, and fight the whole fight without facing another Rock Field.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Maw does the same as well.