**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awaken Spark?

Recently pulled the 4★ version. Obviously he's one of the best champs in the game but is he worth awakening? I have 2 generic gems I'm sitting on presently (along with class specific gems for skill, mutant, cosmic and mystic). I pretty much look at these generics as tech gems and can't imagine what else I'd use them on.

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Yes hes worth it, but not needed. He is pretty good even unduped. I'd hold off unless you have everyone else duped
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I would say no. he's not worth it. there may be better champions down the line who you may absolutely want to use it on. Unless you take him up to be in your top 5 to boost your prestige, then awakening him isn't necessary.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    do it!
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    He's definitely worth it, you will crit way more often which does way more damage
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I would, without hesitation. He doesn't need it but with it he just gets that extra oompf and it feels good :)
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Thanks for the input here gang. I probably will do it - but no need to rush. I think I'm going to wait until I save up at least 20 or 40 sig stones and then pull the trigger. Maybe I'll get lucky and dupe him straight up in the interim. Few things are more infuriating than awakening a champ and then pulling them from your next crystal.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I have him 5/50 unduped, he hits like a tank as is. Tech gem I would , generic I wouldn’t.
    KALIZO wrote: »
    based on the marvel movies coming 2018, where do you see a tech character coming that will absolutly wait for?

That's a really good question.

There's the Black Panther movie. Shuri has those gauntlet things in the trailer so she might be tech. Same with Klaue with his prosthetic (doesn't look like they're going full sonic entity with him in the movies). Whether they'd actually be any good is another matter. In general it seems champs like Spark only come around every once in a while.

I would expect Killmonger and maybe M'Baku to be skill. Unless they go some kind of mystic or science route there.

For Infinity War, any new champs will be cosmic most likely.

Anything for Ant-Man would most likely (hopefully) be science.
    @DoctorJ who would you use a generic gem on?
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    CammonRo wrote: »
    @DoctorJ who would you use a generic gem on?

My personal opinion is not to use them unless absolutely necessary. Example being dire need of prestige or otherwise undupeable champ like kang.

Spark 4* r5 undupe is still incredible. I can take an r5 4* in arena in 4 hits with 8 poise charges. Crit hits are insane.
    Yeah that strategy makes sense. I actually have a duped Kang LOL and I'm sitting on 2 generics. If they ever brought the OG Vision offer back I might spring for him and use a gem on him but keep wondering how viable 4★ are gonna be and whether he'd be worth blowing the units on.