**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So how exactly are relics helpful when they take so long to activate?

ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
In most fights even at Threat Level 5, fight is already over before the relic is activated. The time it takes to activate should be halved at least so that every 10 strikes (either you hit or get hit) it should be ready to deploy.

And when it does activate it has to do much more than just stun the opponent, or the supposed buff needs to be really felt and not some pseudo psychological placebo effecr thinking that the relic actually didnmor than just stun the opponent.

Comments

• Amanda_CruzeAmanda_Cruze Posts: 67
    Relics main abilities lies in their awakening.
    Use winter soldier relic on Elsa or black panther on falcon and you will see
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I’m sure that Kabam intends to speed up the activation and ranking of relics this year by selling it.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I used resources on relics and see absolutely no difference to the champ, even though I read the ability , put it on the recommended champ etc.

The difference is so negligible even with a 5* relic that it feels like a joke.

They need to give ppl a beta phase, again?? , to test these out. For now, I'm not touching relics again.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    1. This is a similar argument that people were making right at the beginning. Rank 1 3* relics are not going to be nearly as effective as ranked up 6* relics, but it would be silly for Kabam to have dumped a ton of 6* relics in immediately. The impact on abilities will have a progressing curve.
    2. It should be be as available as, say, an SP1. The effects on champion abilities are not as drastic as most special attacks, and are not necessarily meant to be.
    3. People are highly undervaluing the impact of and extra ~4 hits that can be added on to any combo, the ability to passively stun champions (can be used to safely throw a heavy attack in fights that require it but make it difficult, etc), the ability to stack a full combo, a striker combo, and then another full combo, and then even a special attack on the end of it. This is by far the most important part of relics that I don’t see most people acknowledging. It’s not the flashiest ability but has huge gameplay mechanic/anbility balancing impacts.
    4. Part of the implementations of relics is for fun. Maybe not everyone plays the game for fun, but it is kinda fun (for me) to be phasing through the opponent with Kitty, then all of a sudden, her old pal Wolvie hops in to lacerate the opponent for her, then proceeds to let her cauterize (thematically, not literally the Ultron ability, though an interaction like this would be dope and I really wish it could be added) the opponents wounds before taking them out.
    5. Not all relics are equal on all champs. Some of them have vastly more impact on champs that could actually use the boost.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 486 ★★★
    "So how exactly are relics helpful..."
    I have warmed up to them considerably since they were initially rolled out. I think the biggest thing is that it depends on who you bind them to. I'll use Scorpion for an example...the Cap relic doesn't make him significantly better than he is, but the added block proficiency is a nice addition to an already nice champ. I tend to think of them as mini-boosters (very mini) for champs who I already use. Venompool is another good example. The Venom relic doesn't make him leagues better, but the bleed bonuses are a nice addition. This takes place whether you get to the striker or not.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 312 ★★
    Yeah IMO people are very focused on the Striker and ignoring the socket and sig bonuses that are always active. Reduced physical resist from the Hulk relic is great on a lot of champs, for example