**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 8 Scorpion.. where the heck is his hit box?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
He's not in invulnerable frames from a special here btw, or anything like that. No auto evade.. no miss, just him avoiding the hits somehow.
Is ducking a thing now? Can we also duck hits? Where exactly is his hit box supposed to be here? Nothing visually lines up..

Comments

• Options
    Sman74 said:

My favorite part is when Scorpion heavies, you dex and you attempt to counter but his Matrix-like Neo reflexes allow him to SP1 you to the face seemingly before his heavy attack even ends. I love that part.

Really…..it’s super awesome.

Yeah, funny you should mention that..... that's precisely why my Hercules is glowing/at 1% in the above images 😂

That happened before these inexplicable whiffs (punch image is the first whiff, kick is the next.. finally after the second whiff (kick) he is visually out of range.. but it claims he avoided the ones in the image as well..
    I'll link the whole video actually to show the Heavy into immediate sp1 exactly as you described.
  • Options
    So, I've often felt that when Herc is Unblockable he has trouble connecting somehow.. I've just never analyzed footage of it.. it's just always been a feeling that I'm Unblockable.. but yet still have issues landing hits..
  • Options
    Tried to link video.. guess it's still in approval
  • Options
    Here's another frame.. it's visually comical that these aren't connecting
  • Options
    And if the video links, we'll see an example of a successful heavy punish in the beginning when he doesn't have a special loaded. The computer is incapable of executing a block or evade input in time (in frame disadvantage) and my attack lands. Shortly after, when I attempt to punish his heavy and he does have a special available.. somehow the computer isn't locked out of its inputs. I understand Specials give invulnerable frames, but why are they able to be accessed so quickly (seemingly more so, than a block or evade input) after a heavy input?

I think the answer is that the block or evade takes a fraction of a second to execute. While the invulnerable frames from special apply literally instantly? I'm not sure, but from the player's point of view, it feels like an exploit of the Computer's zero latency regarding inputs.. let alone human reaction speed.
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Because the foot went over Scorp's head /s
    Because it's inconvinient for Kabam to have the foot connect /hj
  • Options
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 221 ★★
    Deremus said:

It's impossible to punish heavy attacks now. That's just ridiculous. Happens all the time though.

Definitely happening in incursions as well. Punishing a heavy while they have a special ready is the recipe to get slapped in the face
  • Options
    Yeah, the title was addressing the seemingly missing hit box on Scorpion while Herc is Unblockable, but the inability to punish a heavy if a special is available is just as much of a problem. I think everyone agrees on that. And that it frankly feels like the AI is using it as an exploit of the game mechanics and it's ability for near zero latency inputs. I'd be interested to know more about how the "computer" works honestly. But, if I were to guess, based on what I've seen, I'd say it basically cues it's next input ahead of time for immediate execution as soon as the previous input is completed.. in cases such as this anyway (heavy is active, cues special as next move). The only player use for this technique that I know of is the use of Quake's heavy charge as cued input to execute as soon as the previous dex input completes.

But you guys agree this hit box thing seems kinda off? Like, did it disappear for a moment or is Scorpion's hit box just much shorter in height.. so that a tall champ just misses him? Lol.. Herc was visually intersecting with his space by almost 50% during these attacks that didn't connect.. his whole leg goes over his head and afaik ducking/crouching to avoid an attack isn't a thing.
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Yeah @hungryhungrybbq, I don’t understand why your exact same gameplay at :17 and at :26 have different results (successful heavy counter vs. getting speedbagged to the face). Kabam, is everything working as intended here? Sincerely trying to understand, so any mod response would be appreciated.