Is this a thing now?

Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Member Posts: 462 ★★★
Seems like I'm not the only facing this. The AI (defender) straight up shoots a special attack in the middle of a combo done by me (attacker). Happened twice in the same fight, i was using Ibom against America Chavez, once it SP2 and then SP3 ....? Also happened while i was using Omega Sentinel in the UC EQ

Comments

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Yep, its a major issue that is apparently more "user error" than AI/system error - sure...

Kabam wants you to report every little incident so that they can investigate.
  • Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Member Posts: 462 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Yup it is… but apparently it’s tied to the input refractor? But honestly none of this is making sense at this point. Not sure how a system rolled out a year ago causes this interaction now.

Agreed. However, if it has started for me right bout now, what's the guarantee that others who never had to face this, will not newly become a prey for this....
  • legalactionlegalaction Member Posts: 182 ★★

Seems like I'm not the only facing this. The AI (defender) straight up shoots a special attack in the middle of a combo done by me (attacker). Happened twice in the same fight, i was using Ibom against America Chavez, once it SP2 and then SP3 ....? Also happened while i was using Omega Sentinel in the UC EQ

That's not it they also use their special while the ai is still on the ground after being knocked down.
    edited March 2023
    R_jay0027 said:

Everyone I am fighting is all of a sudden immune to parry. In game modes with no nodes even. Can't believe what I am seeing today wow.

Hell, the parry immune thing. Lol, that's been an issue for so long, i thought it was just the champions kit or a node boost. It became a normalcy, too frequent to pay attention too. Didn't know this was a bug either
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    Get this. I faced a hulkling in war that legit dexed the first THREE hits of tigras sp2

That's not it they also use their special while the ai is still on the ground after being knocked down.
    The AI is clearly evolving, it may as well takeover, lmao.
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    Took Masacre into a fight, launched special 2, first hit went through and opponent got stunned, purified the stun and launched special before the second hit. Most bizarre thing ive seen, nothing i can do to prevent.
    edited March 2023

Get this. I faced a hulkling in war that legit dexed the first THREE hits of tigras sp2

Wouldn't particularly be surprised by dexing. However, it's the first couple hits, and it's against one of the fastest champs in-game (Tigra). She is a menace to play against. Yet, when we play her as a champ, she goes through something like this....
    edited March 2023
    I would also like to add, that there have been complaints amidst the community for the game becoming exceedingly easy or boring. And, i totally get that increased difficulty is a thrill. However, unpredictable AI behaviour is out of the question. Revives are precious (even paragons would agree). And losing them, just because some AI threw in a special (knocked out, mid-combo), doesn't cut it. Wouldn't crib, if it was honestly a lack of skill. But, i (atleast) calculate my resources before going into a quest exploration. Nobody likes the power of Unitman having to save the day.....
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★

Yeah, it's happened to me too a handful of times. It's like the AI is recovering far too quickly, maybe even just a few frames worth, during certain light attacks in a combo. But that's enough of a window for the AI to seemingly think the combo has ended and can launch a special.

First time it happened, I thought I'd misread the nodes and an unstoppable timer had kicked in or something. I haven't found a pattern to it or a champ that it seems to happen more to, annoyingly.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Though I haven't experienced this particular case yet, but I have been noticing the defenders using a special attack in the middle of their heavy attack animation

Have seen it enough times now to know that it is actually happening & is not just a rare frame drop issue
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    dang the thing that was supposed to fix one issue and "improve AI, messed up more and created more issues and BETTER AI... how do we compete with ever changing AI mechanics?
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Though I haven't experienced this particular case yet, but I have been noticing the defenders using a special attack in the middle of their heavy attack animation

Have seen it enough times now to know that it is actually happening & is not just a rare frame drop issue

This exactly. Defenders have learnt how to heavy cancel into a special if you try to heavy intercept.
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    The ai is self evolving ; no one is doing this on purpose and am not sure it can be controlled .