**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman to R4

AldacAldac Posts: 475 β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited March 2023 in General Discussion

Dear MCOC deities

Please let the eventual buff be good πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

(Understand that it’s mainly a value update but any added extras would be much appreciated…)

Comments

• Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Buff notes are out and he won't be meta relevant.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I did r4 him before his buff announcement, because I love the character and he s not trash anyway, but yes, his buff at this stage is disappointing. I hope they change his kit a lot more. He s an omega level mutant anyway.
  • Options
    Also love the character and would have taken him up regardless. Adding the passive stun (like Storm and Bishop) would be a small but very effective change, as would a higher crit rate.

I was holding out hope for him to have a cold version of nova flame but any other tweaks to the current buff would also be great.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,551 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing wrong with a R4 Iceman
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I would have R4 my iceman before his upcoming buff for Path 9 in war he is great to have congrats on your rank up.
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 β˜…β˜…
    Iceman is still a solid champ regardless. I would have no regrets.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2023
    Such a cool champ,..congrats!,…i wish i had him as a 6*
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2023

He will have quadruple immunity including the only nova flame immunity. That’s not nothing.

(Assuming no future champions get nova flames) Its a worthless change offensively. Sure, iceman is immune to nova flames, meaning torch can’t deal damage to iceman through incinerate/nova flame. But, iceman can’t deal damage to torch through coldsnap and frostbite because torch is immune to them. All it does is make torch useless against iceman, so really its just a small torch nerf.

Even though nova flames are exclusively a Human Torch power in the comics, another champ is probably going to get that effect in the future, so maybe iceman can use the immunity on that future champ. But for now, the nova flame immunity isn’t going to do much offensively.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Is his buff any more disappointing that the upcoming Spider-Man buff?? if it's on that level of disappointment then just wow.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    not very pleased with the leaked information about buff iceman. i would much rather use kingpin and absorbing man.
  • Options
    Do we have any idea when the eventual buff (hopefully tweaked and improved a bit??) will go live?
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Aldac said:

Do we have any idea when the eventual buff (hopefully tweaked and improved a bit??) will go live?

May
  • Options
    Adding the scorpion synergy to his base kit and increasing the change to apply frostbites on crit to 90% would make him feel much better to play.

Some sort of passive stun would be nice since he’s the archetypal freeze character. He could apply a chill debuff that acts like a stun but isn’t, like mantis’ sleep. He’s already OP in the comics, would be cool if his in game counterpart could kinda reflect that
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2023
    The devs flat out said the Iceman buff was going to be minimal. Make him immune to cold snap, give him a slight damage increase and review other aspects of his kit that make sense for him to have. Not every champ needs to be or should be a god tier level champ. Iceman was already solid. But there were interactions (Elsa Bloodstone for one) that made no sense and needed correction.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

The devs flat out said the Iceman buff was going to be minimal. Make him immune to cold snap, give him a slight damage increase and review other aspects of his kit that make sense for him to have. Not every champ needs to be or should be a god tier level champ. Iceman was already solid. But there were interactions (Elsa Bloodstone for one) that made no sense and needed correction.

No one said he needs to be god tier. But in his current buffed state he falls right in the middle of the pack of champions, not a noodle, but not outstanding. Upping his damage a bit to make him more viable will probably increase his use across numerous progression levels, whereas at the moment he will likely be a vanity rank up since other champs do what he does better.