**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

More Battlegrounds "bugs" - defender choice is a lie?

UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 987 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Sorry if this is already something that has been discussed ad nauseam. I try to read all of the battleground discussions but since I don't play it all the time, what just happened to me seemed very surprising and not something I'd read before.

So we pick our battleground decks. And then my opponent gets to choose their Defender. They pick Bishop.

Because they picked Bishop as their defender I'm already thinking ahead of time as "who would be a good champ against them, who should I not pick right now as MY defender".

That's how the game is supposed to work, right?

So I pick my Defender for them, and then when it goes back to my choice to pick my attacker - suddenly the defender is Scorpion. Which was NOT what the game showed me before, which was not at all what I'd been preparing to fight.

Is this a known issue? I know there are a TON of problems with battlegrounds right now and Kabam doesn't seem to care. Is this one of the known problems? I only just started playing season 6 and I'm already ready to stop because of this BS.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    I have experienced similar issue where I clicked and switched the champs and it did not add the selected champs.
    Its annoying.
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

Sorry if this is already something that has been discussed ad nauseam. I try to read all of the battleground discussions but since I don't play it all the time, what just happened to me seemed very surprising and not something I'd read before.

So we pick our battleground decks. And then my opponent gets to choose their Defender. They pick Bishop.

Because they picked Bishop as their defender I'm already thinking ahead of time as "who would be a good champ against them, who should I not pick right now as MY defender".

That's how the game is supposed to work, right?

So I pick my Defender for them, and then when it goes back to my choice to pick my attacker - suddenly the defender is Scorpion. Which was NOT what the game showed me before, which was not at all what I'd been preparing to fight.

Is this a known issue? I know there are a TON of problems with battlegrounds right now and Kabam doesn't seem to care. Is this one of the known problems? I only just started playing season 6 and I'm already ready to stop because of this BS.

Yea, the game auto selects sometimes
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/330905/first-bg-champ-auto-selected#latest

Similar issue I noted above, and if the other posts are accurate, one that has been going on for a while.

It would be great to have acknowledgment from the team as well as a plan for addressing this particular bug.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I will also add to this that selecting a champ with less than 3 seconds tends to result in auto-select also.

No hard evidence, but I would ask whether this somehow relates to the visual lag that can be seen in threads like this one:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/330801/omega-level-ai#latest

What we see appears to not exactly be what the server/game/whatever thinks is going on.

Dr. Zola