**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guess I'm just not good enough for battlegrounds

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I was able to get into GC first 4 seasons but last season barely finished in D1
This season I think I might just give up on BGs completely! Just a waste of my time.

I'm paragon with a very decent roster. Not P2W roster but a nice 8 year F2P roster that finished pretty much all content in the game that matters.
But in BGs I might win 2 in a row then lose 3 or more because I'm up against rosters that are bigger than mine combined with AI that just won't throw specials, lags, bugs, unresponsive controls and disconnections that send me back to square 1!

Sorry, I tried, but the waste of my time for no rewards is just not worth it and not fun anymore.

I used to love BGs more than anything in this game but I think I'm just gonna stop wasting my time on this waste of time and go back to real life because this game doesn't show any signs of improving in any way.

Comments

• Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Maybe worth it to you at least for the objectives??
    I know it can be discouraging,..but at the very least the are decent enough rewards on there own.
    Also may give you a opening where your able to break through.
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Strategic said:

This season I think I might just give up on BGs completely! Just a waste of my time.

I'm paragon with a very decent roster. Not P2W roster but a nice 8 year F2P roster that finished pretty much all content in the game that matters.
    But in BGs I might win 2 in a row then lose 3 or more because I'm up against rosters that are bigger than mine combined with AI that just won't throw specials, lags, bugs, unresponsive controls and disconnections that send me back to square 1!

Sorry, I tried, but the waste of my time for no rewards is just not worth it and not fun anymore.

I used to love BGs more than anything in this game but I think I'm just gonna stop wasting my time on this waste of time and go back to real life because this game doesn't show any signs of improving in any way.

I have reached GC every season, at earlier seasons within 2 weeks, but last 2 seasons my strategy is to just play for 48 hrs BG objectives initially , nothing extra...try playing in different time slots and find ones where you are getting easier match ups and stick to it...during end of week 3 and start of week 4, push harder and can reach GC easier...works for me
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 472 ★★

I agree the AI can be a stinker, but there are almost three weeks of this BG cycle left, so IMO too soon to give up. I'm in Bronze 1, just playing casually (mostly when there are objectives). I am Paragon. I just don't care what happens, I guess. Lose, win, get some virtual currency to buy virtual doodads. Whatever.

I'm with you play just to get tokens. Win a bonus lose just accept it.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I am paragon and get beaten by thronebreakers with half the heroes and half the power by 500 points , usually happens in the 3rd match, so you are not alone, joke of season joke of BG, following advice from here I am just focusing on the points once they are released knowing that I won't be able to progress to the next level.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    I feel you bro especially getting matched with bigger rosters. Im at 2,3mil nearly 2,4mil roster rating.

Out of my last 20 match ups 4 have been 4mil+, 11 3mil+, 4 only 400-500k higher than me and 1 lower.

It sucks
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Just to add a little weight to the advice I just won 21 out of 25 climbing the VT. It’s totally possible. Titania specifically was my MVP if that helps with your deck building.
  • Options
    JesusnwoJesusnwo Posts: 18

• Options
    JesusnwoJesusnwo Posts: 18
    This season been easier then last few most I ever won In a row
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108
    Jesusnwo said:

• Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Strategic said:

Bro same for me! 3.5 million roster 5 years playing completed most end game contant and I just cannot progress much anymore. Takes all the fun out of it. Battlegrounds could be so awesome. Sad they want to drag their feet in getting it fixed. I’ve quit playing it which intern has made me log into the game far less.

• Options
    Logan00 said:

I am paragon and get beaten by thronebreakers with half the heroes and half the power by 500 points , usually happens in the 3rd match, so you are not alone, joke of season joke of BG, following advice from here I am just focusing on the points once they are released knowing that I won't be able to progress to the next level.

I think this might highlight an over valuing of roster size in the game mode. That’s only one component. Yes it is an important component but BGs isn’t designed for bigger rosters to smash smaller rosters.

It’s designed for us to out think and out play each other through strategy and skill while leveraging the roster we’ve invested in. If you are getting beat by a smaller account, did they make a move that demonstrated advanced game knowledge or interactions, is there a defender that you should really practice more? Are your band effective for you?
  • Options
    MusikmenMusikmen Posts: 63
    edited March 2023
    AI issues, input problems, matchmaking still not aligned, I'm not bothering with trying to get far and waste energy. Just not worth the time
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Honestly, I see this a lot these days… what’s your strategy? It makes a huge difference to think that through when building your deck.

For example do you go mystic heavy, run max MD, ban HT and AA, and then carry other counters?

Do you go strong on mutants and ban Nimmy?

I hope you all find this helpful. It helps to remember that this game is a big version of rock, paper, scissors. You could carry all 3… or you could carry only rocks and ban their paper.

Good luck!

I find your comment very insightful, since I mostly ban the same hard defenders. But I have some questions.

I have a mix in my deck consisting of 6 mutant, 4 skill, 3 science, 5 mystic, 6 cosmic and 6 tech. In every class I have at least 1 att, 1 def, and 1 dual threat (except science 1 att and 2 dual threats). So I don't really know what to focus on. Could you give me any insight in ban strategy? Or deck building focus?
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Honestly, I see this a lot these days… what’s your strategy? It makes a huge difference to think that through when building your deck.

For example do you go mystic heavy, run max MD, ban HT and AA, and then carry other counters?

I hope you all find this helpful. It helps to remember that this game is a big version of rock, paper, scissors. You could carry all 3… or you could carry only rocks and ban their paper.

Good luck!

I find your comment very insightful, since I mostly ban the same hard defenders. But I have some questions.

I have a mix in my deck consisting of 6 mutant, 4 skill, 3 science, 5 mystic, 6 cosmic and 6 tech. In every class I have at least 1 att, 1 def, and 1 dual threat (except science 1 att and 2 dual threats). So I don't really know what to focus on. Could you give me any insight in ban strategy? Or deck building focus?
    @IvarTheBoneless This is a great question!

The 2 things are hand in hand in my perspective. You want to consider your ban strategy along with your deck construction, but that being said be flexible in thought regarding your ban strategy too. Rigid commitment to a plan can also lead in failure, but having a plan gives you an advantage. So it’s important to make a plan and implement it for a few rounds first. Identify the weak points then adjust accordingly.

In regards to deck construction, class balance is important, but honestly it can be overvalued. So consider your masteries. What are they built to take advantage of? That’s really the first step. If you aren’t running MD at 3/5 or higher then maybe carry less mystics and focus else where. If you are running 4/5, 5/5, then a class imbalance leading toward mystics should improve your overall deck. So dedicating 7, 8, 9, 10 spots to mystics can benefit you.

Now that mystic bias is going to have an obvious weakness to the science class, but also an obvious strength too. So your bans should account for that and you should look at banning science champs over cosmics (even if you hate fighting them). And in order to prevent not having science counters yourself, then the next layer of deck building is knowing outside of HT and Scorpion, who else spanks mystics, and mastering those champs. Then the next layer is making sure the mystics you do carry hard counter those Cosmic defenders you hate.

Once you set that core strategy then you build outwards from there considering who are routinely BG studs like Domino, Nimrod, Galan, etc. and keep building. The. It’s a process of tweaks until you hit that grove.
    Thanks for the advice, very good and well structured comment. Maybe the best advice I have ever read on deck building.

So in my case I'm running 4/5 MD which means I need to get more mystics in my deck. I also have 4/5 deep wounds, full despair and petrify, 5/5 limber and 1 point in willpower. What do those masteries mean for champion selection? I have trouble seeing how other masteries effect champion classes except the obvious mystic disperion for mystic champs.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    They should just get rid of the losing coins thing honestly. It’s already such a grind to get to GC and that’s where all the good rewards are anyways. Is it really a big deal making it easier for people to make it to Uru or Gamma rewards?
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Good luck!

@IvarTheBoneless This is a great question!

The 2 things are hand in hand in my perspective. You want to consider your ban strategy along with your deck construction, but that being said be flexible in thought regarding your ban strategy too. Rigid commitment to a plan can also lead in failure, but having a plan gives you an advantage. So it’s important to make a plan and implement it for a few rounds first. Identify the weak points then adjust accordingly.

In regards to deck construction, class balance is important, but honestly it can be overvalued. So consider your masteries. What are they built to take advantage of? That’s really the first step. If you aren’t running MD at 3/5 or higher then maybe carry less mystics and focus else where. If you are running 4/5, 5/5, then a class imbalance leading toward mystics should improve your overall deck. So dedicating 7, 8, 9, 10 spots to mystics can benefit you.

Now that mystic bias is going to have an obvious weakness to the science class, but also an obvious strength too. So your bans should account for that and you should look at banning science champs over cosmics (even if you hate fighting them). And in order to prevent not having science counters yourself, then the next layer of deck building is knowing outside of HT and Scorpion, who else spanks mystics, and mastering those champs. Then the next layer is making sure the mystics you do carry hard counter those Cosmic defenders you hate.

Once you set that core strategy then you build outwards from there considering who are routinely BG studs like Domino, Nimrod, Galan, etc. and keep building. The. It’s a process of tweaks until you hit that grove.
    Thanks for the advice, very good and well structured comment. Maybe the best advice I have ever read on deck building.

So in my case I'm running 4/5 MD which means I need to get more mystics in my deck. I also have 4/5 deep wounds, full despair and petrify, 5/5 limber and 1 point in willpower. What do those masteries mean for champion selection? I have trouble seeing how other masteries effect champion classes except the obvious mystic disperion for mystic champs.
    Class is an easy thing to explain so I focused on that but you can go deeper. Do you like champs like Havok and Knull that inflict a lot of debuffs then maybe maxing out unequity will benefit you by dragging our fights. Despair can be great to help the same champs reverse healing too.

I would recommend 3/3 in willpower though as anything you can do to help with any chip damage can be helpful,

Appreciate the kind comments. Like i mentioned it’s easy to get frustrated with BGs, but each meta is a reset on strategy which means you really wanna carefully consider your deck and ban strategies
  • Options
    TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    All because matchmaking favours weak accounts and lets them avoid strong accounts wich deserve to run to GC like hot knife through butter...
  • Options
    PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Posts: 41
    Same happens to me with winning two & then losing a few in a row & having to start all over again. I’ve gone on terrible losing streaks but oddly after their ban wave, which maybe it’s just a coincidence, I’ve racked up a good amount of wins. I’m still only Plat 3.
    Also the same with me with the first few seasons, especially season 3 & 4, I was in the GC within a week or two of the season starting. Last two seasons I was lucky if I made it in by the last few days.
    These days I basically just climb the Victory Track for the tokens. I make the GC just to place in a tier to get Season Rewards.