**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A way to solve Battleground Progression

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
Hi, Since Kabam has said they are looking into adjusting or enhancing the way we can progress in Battleground since the current system is way to punishing and does not work as it should (In my eyes a cavalier player should not have a way easier time than a paragon player for the basic rewards, this excludes ranked rewards)
I have played some other games where ranks are a thing. In most those games you can also decrease in rank, which I think should not be brought to mcoc. But the basis of those systems can be applied here.

The main problem I feel is. Even if you play really really well, of you just score 1 point in 2 fights less than your opponent you lose a point. While another player might get a win with a very lucky low score. I think by implementing the points your score per fight into the progression in ranks (bronze, silver, gold etc.) playing well still gets rewarded. Even if you do happen to lose. Winning will still make you progress much faster. But playing well also needs to be rewarded.
You can do this by giving a victory coin when a player has reached a certain amount of points from fights. This way a player can prefend the loss of a victory coin by playing really well.
I personally consider 50.000 points and more a really good fight. When you score this amount of points you most likely lost due to some block damage, not fully killing the enemy or timing out. Which is pretty much unavoidable against some enemies. Winning twice and thus not having to do the third fight automatically results into the maximum amount of possible points gained for that third fight.
So I would suggest giving an extra victory coin every 3 fights above 50k points earned from fights. This will result in the following (roughly). Examples are per 3 fights because of the solo objective being 3 fights.

3 wins, all fights played well (>50k per fight)
3 coins from winning + 3x 3 points = 6 victory coins (currently 3)

3 wins, but 1 fight below 50k
3 coins from winning + 3x 2/3 points = 5 victory coins (currently 3)

2 wins, all 3 matches 2/3 above 50k
2 coins from winning + 1 loss from losing + 3x 2/3 points = 3 victory coins (currently only 1)

1 win, all 3 matches 2/3 above 50k
1 coins gained from winning + 2 loss from losing + 3x 2/3 points = 1 victory coins (currently -1)

0 wins, but 3 matches 2/3 above 50k
0 coins gained from winning + 3 loss from losing + 3x 2/3 points = -1 victory coins (currently -3)

0 wins, but played perfectly
0 coins gained from winning + 3 loss from losing + 3x 3 points = 0 victory coins (currently -3)

I hope the above makes sense. What it basically means it rewards playing well. And even if you lose but you played really well you won`t lose, or hardly lose coins.

The points from the matches work somewhat like heartpieces in zelda, where you form a coin when you get 3 (4 in zelda) points.

It gives extra coins for winning and playing well, no extra points for winning and not playing well, and avoids too big a loss when losing but playing well.