**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does someone place top 100 for a champ they already have?

thepiggythepiggy Posts: 504 ★★★★
This summoner placed well into the top 100 and they already had iDoom at sig 200 before the basic arena. Details censored to protect identity.

It makes no sense. Why do this? Why waste units? Was the cutoff that low? It was probably modding.

This is pretty tame because most of the usual suspects are missing from this leader board, and for good reason since Idoom is easy to spot but it's happened in the past where a bunch of players from the same team all grinded for a high prestige champ THEY ALREADY HAD.

This is standard stuff in every arena. Modders taking spots from legit players and getting champs they already own, sometimes placing top 100 in both the basic and featured.

Fix the arenas, they're as broken as Batttlegrounds.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments

• Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    I had this question for years as well. Does anyone know what the cutoff was for Iron Man Infamous?
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★

Arena bots and free max sig ability crystal, maybe?

they don't get that crystal from max sig
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    This is already happening as far back as 2018 (there was a post), perhaps even earlier in the old forum.

There are no rules against running for a champ already owned at max rank and sig.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Because the bot to farm units too not just champs
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    They dont want you to have a idoom?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

This is already happening as far back as 2018 (there was a post), perhaps even earlier in the old forum.

There are no rules against running for a champ already owned at max rank and sig.

for nothing

To be precise, 😁 there are battlechips earned though it is a “consolation” for that endeavour.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Do you propose they stop anyone who has the Champ from competing?
  • Options
    Bazooka_1Bazooka_1 Posts: 47
    I know there are molders but some people just grind the arena no matter what champ it is. I knew someone who only played arena so I'm sure that this could be a reason.
    You still get rewards and your name I'm the leader boards.Maybe they just like to see their name. It could be that it is a competition to some people. Can't be mad at those people if that's what they do for fun then you gotta beat them.
    Obviously this doesn't apply to molders but
    If somebody that is not a modder wants to then they should be able to and if you think that they are stupid or it's unfair then it's just too bad for you.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    I'd have a guess and say it's a Ministery or a Coalition of arena bo... players that really like the arena. That's why they're always in the top of every arena, every week. Great dedication right there.
  • Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    Valmez said:

I'd have a guess and say it's a Ministery or a Coalition of arena bo... players that really like the arena. That's why they're always in the top of every arena, every week. Great dedication right there.

No, just bots. To be always on top in arena you have to: spend units and refresh your top champs and play every cycle of refreshments(I understand that you can do it once for your most wanted champ which you dont have, if you do it every arena you are not a human) or run bots 24/7 which will play with every character which you have in roster. Dedication is for first scenario. And if somebody do it - believe me, he will not do it in next arena (he will burn out in one week). Dedication for running bots does not exist. Sometimes in top of arena you can even see accounts with numbers like John1, John2… so easy to understand those are bots. And Kabam does not care (besides writting posts that bots will be perma ban) about removing them
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    Anyone saying "some people just like arena" have clearly never grinded for the featured champ. This is not something you do week after week. Maybe keep your baseless opinions to yourself
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Except bots and modder i don't see any problem
    Because it's one of the ways ( not effective one but atleast somewhat may help like 1%) to curb the competition. Idoom is prestige horse.
    And maybe player actually likes to see his/her name in leaderboard and that may gave that player A sense of satisfaction or joy. What's the problem. If you wanna get the champion, invest your time and resources. Otherwise there would be no value of competition in arena
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★

Except bots and modder i don't see any problem
    Because it's one of the ways ( not effective one but atleast somewhat may help like 1%) to curb the competition. Idoom is prestige horse.
    And maybe player actually likes to see his/her name in leaderboard and that may gave that player A sense of satisfaction or joy. What's the problem. If you wanna get the champion, invest your time and resources. Otherwise there would be no value of competition in arena

From a legal sense, no, there's nothing rule breaking about someone placing in the featured arena while already having that champ at max sig. But from a moral standpoint, it's wrong. Youre not even taking resources from other players, youre burning them. It would be like a wealthy person coming a homeless shelter, getting a plate of food and throwing it away. Why are you here?