**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Beast (Hank McCoy) buff

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Hey Kabam,

I know there's lots of fan based ideas floating around in the forums so perhaps mine won't be any different but in the event that you guys are having a hard time coming up with a viable Beast buff, perhaps this thread might provide some ideas.

It's heavily based on pre-existing traits with a few modifications added in.

Class: Mutant

Strengths:
- Bleed damage
- Bleed resistance
- Team support
- Critical resistance

Weaknesses:
- Bleed immunity
- True strike
- Shock debuffs

Signature Ability: Feral impulses
When awakened, Beast begins to succumb to his animalistic instincts the more damage he sustains. Gain 1-5 feral charges that convert any bleeds to critical bleeds & provide a 15% chance to evade basic attacks. These charges are removed whenever Beast takes 3 hits per charge.

Passive: Beast's thick hide makes him resistant to bleed, reducing potency and duration by 65%

Freestyle: When starting a battle with 50% or more health, start the battle in freestyle mode. Critical hits have a 60% chance to deal [enter value]. Bleeds last up to 4 seconds

Acrobatic: When starting the battle with below 50% health, start the battle with Acrobatic mode. This gives Beast an 85% chance to reduce physical critical hits by 85% and grants the opponent 55% less power when Beast is struck by the opponent.

Preforming a 5 hit combo in either Acrobatic or Freestyle mode grants the following benefits:

Freestyle 5 hit combo = increases Beast's critical rating by X value. It does up to X value direct damage

Acrobatic 5 hit combo = Reduces opponent's combat rate by 50% and regenerates X amount of health.

Aside from his enhanced strength, dexterity and agility, Beast is best known for his incredible intellect and being the team's in-house Doctor. Beast comes with 3 prefights to assist his teammates which use up his persistence charges

Pre-Fight Menu: Lab Analysis

Revitalization Serum: Allows Beast to revive one KO'd champion back to 20% health with a timer that last 10 seconds. During that time, you can regenerate an additional 30% health (40% for Mutants) (max is 50%. 60% for mutants) based on the amount of hits you land on your opponent. Agressive playstyle will stimulate the serum allowing your champ to heal.

Only can be used once. Because this particular serum is hard to make, Beast must win 3 fights before being able to use it and can only use it once per quest.

Legacy Virus Concoction: Working alongside Elixer, Beast managed to create new deadly yet temporary strain of the original Legacy Virus. This concoction grants the recipient 300% attack for 15 seconds but degenerating X value. Damaging debuffs have -90% duration & add X value attack rating for each debuff. Affected by class relationship (Very similar to Flare node)

T-O Vaccine: Taking on the properties of a modified Techno-Organic strain, the recipient recieves 7000 armor rating along with bleed immunity. Lasts for 1 fight.

Synergies:

- Ironman (various versions)
- Reed Richards
- Black Panther
- Xavier

I haven't gone into detail about what these synergies would be but considering he's one of the 8 smartest people on Earth, he should have some incredible synergies that help the scientific community

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Similar to Sasquatch and Sabertooth, Beast should also be immune to cold snap and frostbite.

Definitely like the build you've proposed. Beast is definitely a team player and he should definitely be a support guy with some straightforward damage.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    If Werewolf by Night came to the contest, it would be cool to see a synergy that granted Beast more hits to his count so that you could ramp up faster for his SP3.
    Hey Kabam,

Now that Werewolf by Night has arrived to the contest, please don't forget to show some love to our badass X-men medic and agile mutant: BEAST!
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    Nice rework! Unfortunately you beat me to it, but still, good work
    Thanks!
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,949 ★★★★★
    I like how you specified Hank MCcoy which implies that there is a second beast character in the game that is not Hank MCcoy lol. Also very nice buff idea. A little too nice. Kabam won't do it lmaoo
    ahmynuts said:

I like how you specified Hank MCcoy which implies that there is a second beast character in the game that is not Hank MCcoy lol. Also very nice buff idea. A little too nice. Kabam won't do it lmaoo

Technically speaking, Werewolf by Night is a beast character. Not to mention, Kabam could one day bring in Dark Beast.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,869 ★★★★
    I’m surprised he didn’t get a good synergy with Werewolf by Night
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,949 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I’m surprised he didn’t get a good synergy with Werewolf by Night

That would make too much sense and we don't do that here