**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make Potions Useful Again?

AntoseumXAntoseumX Posts: 31
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Hello everyone,

So I'm pretty sure I am not the first or the last person to think about this, but isn't it about time that Kabam rework potions?

As a player, potions are almost never useful given how insignificant they are below lvl 4 or 5. What use do you have for a lvl 1 potion giving 350 hp back to your 40 000+ character ? And I'm not even talking about six stars rank five champions.

I thought about a way to make them useful, and the first idea that came to my mind was to make them percentage based like revives.

Potions lvl 1 could be 5-10% health, lvl 2 10-15% and so on. Maybe potions would need to be a little bit rarer but we just recently witnessed that Kabam is capable of making ressources disappear at will, so it doesn't seem impossible to me.

Please tell me your reactions to this solution, why it would/would not be a good idea and feel free to share your own ideas!

Hopefully this small discussion could help improve the game we all love to hate!

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    It’s not a new idea but I agree that part of the reason why revives are coveted so much over heal potions is because revives are percentage based why heal pots are useless based.

If the heal potion economy was more relevant then that would help offset the need to “spam” revives. An example would be the Ikaris EOP boss. I’m sure most just revive spammed through it which had a high chance of creating multiple deaths from his Energy Burst mechanism from hitting with a medium, which that AI loves. But if you were able to heal up it’s a fight that could be done in a reasonable amount. So why don’t players heal up? Because it’s expensive relative to revive spamming, and those heal pots are more necessary for Thanos than Ikaris.
  • Options
    AntoseumXAntoseumX Posts: 31
    BigBlueOx said:

It’s not a new idea but I agree that part of the reason why revives are coveted so much over heal potions is because revives are percentage based why heal pots are useless based.

If the heal potion economy was more relevant then that would help offset the need to “spam” revives. An example would be the Ikaris EOP boss. I’m sure most just revive spammed through it which had a high chance of creating multiple deaths from his Energy Burst mechanism from hitting with a medium, which that AI loves. But if you were able to heal up it’s a fight that could be done in a reasonable amount. So why don’t players heal up? Because it’s expensive relative to revive spamming, and those heal pots are more necessary for Thanos than Ikaris.

Exactly, this would help players beat challenges by doing something else than kamikazing through every boss!