**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suggested update to champion usage in the Contest

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
One of the common comments I've seen lately is that there is too much to do in the game all the time. Being that the game is going on it's 9th year, I think it's time to change how we use champions in the game.

There is a ton to do in this game but there are limited ways of doing them. We have some reprieve with being able to compete in Arena and Incursions while having champs locked in content like MEQ's or Alliance events. I think we can split up content to make them more accessible for our champions-
Alliance events- AQ and AW.
Questing events- Story, Variants, MEQ's and SQ's.
Everest Events- LoL, AoL, Gauntlet, EoP etc..
Competitive Events- Arena and Incursions

I know AQ is going down to 4 days but planning to complete Questing Events during the month can still be challenging while trying to plan around Alliance Events. Having up to 11 of your champions locked up at some point can be restrictive, more so with lesser developed rosters. It would lessen the burden on trying to plan and reduce the need to rush trough content just so champs are free to be used in other areas.

For example, someone may want to take their time to make their way through a path of AoL to not feel rushed or revive their way through and they need one of the champs for AQ or AW. I believe it's time that we should be able to leave a champ in Everest content and still be able to use them in places like AW and AQ.

My suggestion would be able to use champs for different content like as follows-
Keep competitive Events as is. We can compete in arena and incursions while champs are being used elsewhere.

Questing events- Champs that are being used in Questing can only be used in one quest at a time but used in Alliance, Everest and Competitive events. Example- Using Hercules in the Cosmic chapter of MEQ while being locked in AQ but can't be used to clear a path in SQs, Story or Variant content.

Everest Events- Champs that are being used in Everest content can be used in the same as Questing events. Example- Using CGR to clear fights in EoP and compete in AW but can't be used to clear AoL, RoL, etc.. but can be used to clear content in Questing Events.

Alliance events- Champs can be used in other content areas but can't used in AQ and AW at the same time.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    This would definitely be a huge boost for players with smaller rosters trying to navigate how they prioritize content. I often find myself skimping on my AQ/W teams when the new EQ is out because I try to make sure I have the champions I know I am most likely to use available, one example being Apoc. This would be a good minimal investment high impact change that I would be hope everyone would be on board with.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Even for bigger rosters. When you need THAT champ and can’t have them for 3 days because they are in aw. Makes me wanna quit AW.

Minimum, story should be separate from everything

I disagree with Story being separate from everything. I still believe it should be group with like content like Monthly Quests and Side Quests.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,702 ★★★★★
    It will go down to 6 locked when the discussed AW changes roll out and defenders are no longer locked.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

It will go down to 6 locked when the discussed AW changes roll out and defenders are no longer locked.

Regardless, Questing and Alliance events should be separate t this point.
  • Avocago65Avocago65 Posts: 47
    I don't have an issue with champions being locked in content but in terms of so much to do in the game recently I will agree with that. My biggest issue personally has been what to spend energy on between content and BG. I really would like to see BG have its own energy system, like AQ and AW do, just because I felt that last month (this month having incursions as the SQ has helped a bit) I was rushing around so much to explore EQ, run the SQ and compete in BG. Would be a nice addition, although unlikely, but I do also find your idea interesting and it would definitely benefit the smaller rosters that lose most of their top champs to alliance modes for most days.