which 5 star do I rank up?

Travis__87Travis__87 Member Posts: 8
I have 7 5* Champs right now, and I want to know who to rank up. I have 5 tier 1 alpha catalysts, and enough tier 2 catalysts to rank up 1 rank 3 5* champion. I have a rank 3 dormmamu, a rank 3 doctor strange a rank 3 mangog, a rank 2 mysterio a rank 2 venompool (who has better PI than my rank 3 mangog as a rank 2), a rank 1 ronin, and a rank 1 darkhawk. I can rank up my rank 2s and 1s, but not my 3s yet. I would think to do my venompool because of his PI, but how good of a champion is he really? Do I wait to rank up one of my rank 3s, or rank up a rank 2 or 1?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    venompool is great and not just because of the higher pi- i’d go with him or mysterio for a dash of class diversity
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Dormammu has great power control but his dmg is pretty bad.

Doctor Strange is just bad, like I got nothing good to say for him lol.

Mangog is actually surprisingly decent on attack, not a bad option at all. Easy access to staggers with his sp1, his sp2 power steal is okay-ish, dmg output for short-medium fights isn't too bad either. He also has a lot immunities- naturally bleed and armour break immune, gains temporary shock, incinerate, coldsnap and frostbite immunity with his sp1, and also has a synergy with odin to gain nullify immunity. He can also tank a few hits and has a simple stress-free playstyle, making him pretty beginner friendly too. Doesn't need to be awakened imo.

Mysterio and Venompool are probably the two best options here. If u have/ get a Peni Parker in the future, Mysterio goes crazy. He is still decent on his own though, doesn’t need to be awakened either. Venompool is amazing, power burn, power drain, shock and armour break immunity against techs, counters spiderverse characters' evades with the klyntar buff, great ramp up dmg (ramp up is faster against champs with buffs), sp1 om nom is a better form of nullify than most mystic champs have, and u get a hefty regen buff if u om nom enemy armour up buffs with sp1. Great champ, not to mention invaluable for a good number of Variant quests. Also doesn't need to be awakened.

Darkhawk definitely need to be awakened and high sig imo, but he can still do some stuff unawakened. Plus, he's got the double immunity of bleed and poison for being a robot.

Ronin is pretty good unawakened, he has a specific playstyle so u might need to practice a bit. Great bleed dmg off of his sp2, pretty big fury after sp3, high crit chance and decent crit dmg. He can also parry non-contact attacks (like profx/havok/imiw mediums) in his guard stance. Haven't played him much after his buff so I could be missing a few things.

Some really good options there, it's honestly up to u to decide based off what content ur on, what ur roster is currently looking like and personal preference. Hope this helps a little...
  • Travis__87Travis__87 Member Posts: 8

Mangog is actually surprisingly decent on attack, not a bad option at all. Easy access to staggers with his sp1, his sp2 power steal is okay-ish, dmg output for short-medium fights isn't too bad either. He also has a lot immunities- naturally bleed and armour break immune, gains temporary shock, incinerate, coldsnap and frostbite immunity with his sp1, and also has a synergy with odin to gain nullify immunity. He can also tank a few hits and has a simple stress-free playstyle, making him pretty beginner friendly too. Doesn't need to be awakened imo.

Mysterio and Venompool are probably the two best options here. If u have/ get a Peni Parker in the future, Mysterio goes crazy. He is still decent on his own though, doesn’t need to be awakened either. Venompool is amazing, power burn, power drain, shock and armour break immunity against techs, counters spiderverse characters' evades with the klyntar buff, great ramp up dmg (ramp up is faster against champs with buffs), sp1 om nom is a better form of nullify than most mystic champs have, and u get a hefty regen buff if u om nom enemy armour up buffs with sp1. Great champ, not to mention invaluable for a good number of Variant quests. Also doesn't need to be awakened.

Darkhawk definitely need to be awakened and high sig imo, but he can still do some stuff unawakened. Plus, he's got the double immunity of bleed and poison for being a robot.

Ronin is pretty good unawakened, he has a specific playstyle so u might need to practice a bit. Great bleed dmg off of his sp2, pretty big fury after sp3, high crit chance and decent crit dmg. He can also parry non-contact attacks (like profx/havok/imiw mediums) in his guard stance. Haven't played him much after his buff so I could be missing a few things.

Some really good options there, it's honestly up to u to decide based off what content ur on, what ur roster is currently looking like and personal preference. Hope this helps a little...

Thanks a lot. I think I'll either go mysterio or venompool. I like dormmamu because of his detonation that he inflicts with a heavy attack. But I think that mysterio is a better offensive champion which is kind of what I'm looking for. I like to use doctor strange as a good defensive champion, but fights take way longer with him, and I don't enjoy fighting with him much. I think I'll just rank up mysterio and wait until I get another tier 4 class catalyst, and more alpha catalysts. Thanks for the info.
  • Travis__87Travis__87 Member Posts: 8

Thanks a lot. I think I'll either go mysterio or venompool. I like dormmamu because of his detonation that he inflicts with a heavy attack. But I think that mysterio is a better offensive champion which is kind of what I'm looking for. I like to use doctor strange as a good defensive champion, but fights take way longer with him, and I don't enjoy fighting with him much. I think I'll just rank up mysterio and wait until I get another tier 4 class catalyst, and more alpha catalysts. Thanks for the info.