**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

TOO MUCH HERCULES LOVE

Now, I know Hercules is amazing and he is great for quite a bit of stuff, but he is not good for everything. There are currently better champs now, with the likes of Absorbing Man, Sandman, Hulkling, Galan, and hopefully when he comes, Adam Warlock. All Im saying is that you all really need to expand horizons on not making Herc better than every single champ in the game cause he really isnt. This is my opinion and I would love to see your guys thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    He's still god-tier, but others are joining him
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    SpaceCorp said:

Now, I know Hercules is amazing and he is great for quite a bit of stuff, but he is not good for everything. There are currently better champs now, with the likes of Absorbing Man, Sandman, Hulkling, Galan, and hopefully when he comes, Adam Warlock. All Im saying is that you all really need to expand horizons on not making Herc better than every single champ in the game cause he really isnt. This is my opinion and I would love to see your guys thoughts.

No disrespect no ill intent at all whatsoever and with all due respect im asking you where exactly are in the game right now? And do you own a hercules?
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 472 ★★
    Herc carry me thru act 7.. so yeah..
  • Options
    MiStaloOvaMiStaloOva Posts: 22
    Much better is cgr
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Neither of the champs you named seems better than Hercules to me. Sure, Hercing your way through isn't always the option, but he is so convenient and easy to use that he outperforms the other champs you named, who all require pretty advanced strategy and rotation.

I agree that you can't Herc through every single thing, but the champs you named can't either. And with Hercules' immortality you can get through much content. Proof of that being, that I haven't seen any Galan, Hulkling or Absorbing man runs of that recent incursion event. Why so, if Herc is a worse champ than these in your opinion?

So while I agree that there are many situations where I wouldn't use Herc (majority of 8.2 paths in fact), if I take him as a single champion, he can clear much content with very little effort. Sure, maybe Hulkling or Galan can cover larger area of content, but with much higher effort than Herc.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    He has many many weaknesses. But once you get good with his intercepts and counter the weaknesses he is a lil broke. But it takes time and a high sig. I see no issue with it. You don't gotta use him and I don't really use him for anything but aq and a few storyline quests/special events. He's basically aq locked for me. Which is the perfect place for him.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

He has many many weaknesses. But once you get good with his intercepts and counter the weaknesses he is a lil broke. But it takes time and a high sig. I see no issue with it. You don't gotta use him and I don't really use him for anything but aq and a few storyline quests/special events. He's basically aq locked for me. Which is the perfect place for him.

Lol Herc can literally ramp up in any place
    So yeah he isn't just little broken but very broken
    If any champ of other class comes close to his level of brokenness(don't know if thats a word) it's probably Abs man for mystic
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    Who bothers to read nodes when you have Herc?
  • Options
    SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Posts: 73
    1) yes I do have a hercules, and a galan and a hulkling. They are 100% better than him. 2) yes I did say Sandman is better than Herc and that is true in my opinion.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

1) yes I do have a hercules, and a galan and a hulkling. They are 100% better than him. 2) yes I did say Sandman is better than Herc and that is true in my opinion.

Show us how Hulkling or Galan can take fights at 1% in some of the hardest content. Show us them taking EOP better than Herc. How is sandman better than Herc? Sandman isn’t even the top in his class. They literally said Herc would be nerfed if the rebalance program was on at the time. These “Herc is actually overrated!” threads get so annoying lol
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Who said he was good for everything?

Who said other champs were not more useful in various situations?

Even the biggest Herc fans out there (Karatemike, I'm looking at you) often use other champs for content.

• Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 886 ★★★
    There’s better all rounders than herc like doom and hulkling that could arguably be said to be better rankups, but Hercules is the best attacker in the game. Isn’t a debate.
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    Dude you literally mentioned a champion not even in the game yet as a counterpoint to people who say Hercules is #1. Hercules is just good all around. There is very little he cannot do. It doesn’t mean you have to use him, you don’t even have to like him. But you can not deny that he is one of if not the most valuable champion in the game.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

That's a valid opinion. Mind giving us some reasons why? I am eager to find out, as I don't have Hulkling nor Galan sadly
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    Listen, I’ve played this game since 2015. I didn’t pull Herc till this event, and now I’ve got him as a 6* r5 sig 200. I can confirm that Herc is absolutely better than any other champ I have played. He is completely overtuned and his kit is overloaded.

No, you can’t use him for absolutely every fight, but these are few and far between in the context of the whole game.