**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bahamut is bugged on Heal Sponge path

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nonnie_Seitan1Nonnie_Seitan1 Posts: 6
    I also submitted a ticket and wasn't really given any insight of what to do or how to move forward.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    This "healing over the current phase" bug caught me, too.

Still, Kabam have clearly been aware of it for almost a year, so it should be on the Trello any day now 🤪
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    @Pikolu
    As a Guardian, is this issue something that you can pass on to a Dev?

I can attest to what is reported; which is that Bahamet heals back up over his Phase threshold. I think he does technically stay in the lower phase during that fight; but if you die and go back in again, you're back in the higher phase. Which gets confusing, since the way you deal with blasts changes.

Bahamet's Heal Sponge text very clearly says he cannot recover his health above the current threshold:

It may be that the team are 'happy' with this, and don't perceived it as a bug that needs fixed; but if that's the case, then the text is misleading and should ideally be changed to something like "Healing up above a threshold will not return Bahamet to his previous phase within that fight".

Given that it's a Carina's Challenge fight, it would be good if it was working correctly, or at least that people wouldn't get caught out by a poor description.

For the benefit of the mods/devs, here's a few more threads giving details of the same bug:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/357828/bahamet-phase-issue#latest

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/355283/bahamet-fight-heal-sponge-node-bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/334267/bahamet-buffed-i-took-prof-x-heal-sponge-path

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356254/bahamet

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/355428/bahamet-boss-is-bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/340042/bahamet-healing-bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/335626/bahamet-trap-node

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/333916/bahamet-health-sponge-trap-bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/333549/heal-sponge-on-bahamet-boss
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    OG Guilly sp2 spam melted him on this line
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,979 Guardian
    @Magrailothos I would be surprised if the devs aren't aware of it. Idk if it is intended or not, or if it is even being worked on. It has been discussed often.
  • Options
    CJLCJL Posts: 29
    edited January 21
    @Kabam Miike @“Kabam Jax” Hello all, Is there an update on this bug??? Doing the deathless challenge and this is still happening, he still heals above the current phase threshold AND reverts to the previous phase if you die above that threshold changing the mechanics of what you need to do to do damage and costing more resources… is there a fix or compensation in the works??

• Options
    And there you have it…

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support. I understand you wanted to report the issue you experienced while fighting Hulk (Bahamet).

I have shared the details of these unexpected events with the appropriate teams for review. We appreciate your report and patience during this process. Though we will be unable to provide updates for this investigation in this ticket, you can look to the forums, in-game mail, and update notes for possible announcements regarding a confirmed or fixed issue. Because such a possible issue would be affecting the community at large, any potential compensation would be given to all affected players via in-game methods.

We appreciate your continued passion and support of Marvel Contest of Champions.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, you may contact us, and we will be more than willing to assist you further. I wish you all the best, and have a great day.

Best regards,
  • Options
    WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Posts: 30
    CJL said:

And there you have it…

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support. I understand you wanted to report the issue you experienced while fighting Hulk (Bahamet).

I have shared the details of these unexpected events with the appropriate teams for review. We appreciate your report and patience during this process. Though we will be unable to provide updates for this investigation in this ticket, you can look to the forums, in-game mail, and update notes for possible announcements regarding a confirmed or fixed issue. Because such a possible issue would be affecting the community at large, any potential compensation would be given to all affected players via in-game methods.

We appreciate your continued passion and support of Marvel Contest of Champions.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, you may contact us, and we will be more than willing to assist you further. I wish you all the best, and have a great day.

Best regards,

I eventually got the same response to my ticket.
  • Options
    Tried the guilotine challenge, with my r3 guilly2099, and went on that path. Destroyed all my revives, potions, then I started searching what could be the problem. I removed my salve and willpower, unfortunately he still regens from 40% back to 45%. That's from 2mil health, to 2.5mil. Even tho the node says he shouldnt regen over his previous phase, he was going wayyyy more than that. From phase 4 back to Phase 3. I just had to quit.
    Then I went on a different path, got to a infamous irom man, same story. He regens from 15% to 45% in no time. And I was barely doing 10% damage per revive. After spending another 15-20 revives, I had to quit once again. What a fun game, indeed.
    I wish I could farm some revives, so I could go back and try a different path but ya... that's one bug that they fixed really fast.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 234 ★★
    BigBlueOx said:

@BigBlueOx was that a 6* r3 OG guilly? And was willpower on?

I'm asking because I'm about to try this challenge, and wanting to know if it'll work before I commit to the heal sponge path.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 263 ★★
    Was it after you died that he changed back phases? I did this recently for exploration and he only went back a phase if I died when he was above the particular phase health
  • Options
    He will heal as much as he wants during the fight, even above the current phase, if you die with his health above the threshold he will revert to the previous phase. The problem being if you are not good at lining all these things up you will likely die often, when it happens near the health of phase changes he could go go back and forth in phases as you die each fight even though it clearly says he shouldn’t heal past his current phase threshold. So for those of us mid players the unintended interaction causes the use of several more unintended resources.

He will do it with OG guily or gully 99 , will power or not. I had willpower and salve off (no points) used gully 99 without the second prefight enabled and used the two other prefights.. the fight is designed for him to heal, and intends for you to try and keep the spectre up to cause him to degen instead and grant charge’s easier… it is not intended that heals past his currrent phase if you screw up and die while he healed above the threshold.

By design the fight is made that if you are horrible at it, you can actually lose progress during a single attempt because he can hea back more damage than you dealt in a single attempt. The bug just makes it’s even worse by allowing him to also revert to previous phases if you screw and he heals too much in that attempt. In the end everyone globally is likely using more resources than intended on this fight and should be compensated
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

BigBlueOx said:

@BigBlueOx was that a 6* r3 OG guilly? And was willpower on?

I'm asking because I'm about to try this challenge, and wanting to know if it'll work before I commit to the heal sponge path.
    Yes. And her sp2 melts him. For the final 5% g99 is the way to go though. Just don’t let your Regen proc
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,013 ★★★★

Tried the guilotine challenge, with my r3 guilly2099, and went on that path. Destroyed all my revives, potions, then I started searching what could be the problem. I removed my salve and willpower, unfortunately he still regens from 40% back to 45%. That's from 2mil health, to 2.5mil. Even tho the node says he shouldnt regen over his previous phase, he was going wayyyy more than that. From phase 4 back to Phase 3. I just had to quit.
    Then I went on a different path, got to a infamous irom man, same story. He regens from 15% to 45% in no time. And I was barely doing 10% damage per revive. After spending another 15-20 revives, I had to quit once again. What a fun game, indeed.
    I wish I could farm some revives, so I could go back and try a different path but ya... that's one bug that they fixed really fast.

Maybe I'd recommend watching a guide on the fight. Also if you tried another lane he wouldn't be healing so........
  • Options
    Got this fight done last weekend after 10000 units and a 2000 unit potion pack so about 12000 unit total costs for the bug and sucking at phase 2 and 3 without messing up and dying to the incenerate before you can break the armor…but anyways… now I hear you will be able to just buy the piece for 5000 units . Kabammed again.. I’m sooo over this game .

This entire interaction was not fun , lining up several things to do damage is not fun.. weapon nodes are not fun (8.3.6 spidey path). And all they (Kabam) do is continue to go down this same path when creating new content = not fun .

These type fights are only ‘fun’ for a the very small amount the community that nerds out on doing several annoying things and getting them all to line up to do any significant amount of damage. I don’t understand why you (Kabam) thinks it’s enjoyable to the user to spend their time money and effort on collecting and ranking champs that will ultimately not do any significant damage to the opponent content you create
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 449 ★★★
    Nice to see a proper thread of this issue. Shocked to see how far back it goes with no official word. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks the wording is completely wrong.
  • Options
    AshubaisAshubais Posts: 17
    The bug is still there. I recorded a video. It is a waste of time and in-game money for FTP and even real money for spenders.

Another thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359217/revive-and-unit-waste-aka-kabams-bug-8-2-6/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 839 ★★★
    Jack2634 said:

Jack2634 said:

read the node again , slowly and carefully dude XD

No, YOU read the node again, slowly and carefully. Guy is correct....it is bugged and he should not be able to move from Phase 4 back to Phase 3. I know others have reported this, but not sure of any response from Kabam.
    Idk man , i have killed him 6 times already and i haven't had any problem with what he said (yes , i did this fight WITH WILLPOWER ON )
    oh god i felt embarrassed now