**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kabam IS Pivoting Towards Titles

FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
In a previous discussion I posted a few months ago, I talked about a change I noticed in Kabam's reward distribution, and how titles seemed to make up an increasing share of the game's reward distribution. During this months SQ, I realised I was right.

In previous months, the only titles available were the EQ exploration titles, or occasionally additional titles from the SQ. In these few months, there has been a substantial increase in titles in SQ rewards, like during the Viv Vision and Kate Bishop event quest, where the only rewards really worth getting were the different titles, and this month, where they implemented titles for every safe code the player cracks, and even a epic rarity title for cracking the fourth safe which I believe is the first time an epic rarity title was added to a SQ. For a comparison, the last time a rare level title was during the special movie EQs and Boss Rushes, almost 3 years ago.

However, I don't view this as a bad thing, or that Kabam is replacing real rewards with lazy titles. Recently, I have seen a major improvement in SQ rewards. These additional titles are more of an addition than a penalty. It seems that Kabam is finally paying more attention to long neglected areas of gameplay, titles being among them. It's great to see Kabam finally making an effort to implement more long-overdue titles into the game.

Comments

• Options
    Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Wasn’t the “I am the danger” title an epic title? That was a SQ reward too so this wasn’t the first month. Kabam throws in random titles or profile pics all the time to give collectors something to grind for etc so I don’t see it as pivoting towards anything. I could see it as them possibly increasing title rarities more often?

Side note, I don’t collect titles but I do have the champion paprazzo rare title from the daily bugle event. Was that really three years ago?
  • Options
    abamabam Posts: 32
    This is the same kabam that just handed legend titles out to everyone and their mothers during the lazy incursions side event. But please go on.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Ace2319 said:

Wasn’t the “I am the danger” title an epic title? That was a SQ reward too so this wasn’t the first month. Kabam throws in random titles or profile pics all the time to give collectors something to grind for etc so I don’t see it as pivoting towards anything. I could see it as them possibly increasing title rarities more often?

Side note, I don’t collect titles but I do have the champion paprazzo rare title from the daily bugle event. Was that really three years ago?

There are exceptions, and yes, I may have made some mistakes(I made this at 1AM), but my main point is, there have been more titles available in these few months than any other point in MCOC history. However, I don't midn this change. Its nice to see Kabam is finally bringing some change to this side of MCOC gameplay.
  • Options
    HuskerCoolHuskerCool Posts: 35
    I don’t care about most titles but it’s annoying when they are included with useful rewards that I do want.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Titles LOL. I don't get why anyone cares about these.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,876 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

...Kabam is replacing real rewards with lazy titles.

These are not replacing any rewards. They are an addition to the rewards.

However, I don't view this as a bad thing, or that Kabam is replacing real rewards with lazy titles.

that’s exactly what he said