**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hela's difficulty level is too high

There needs to be a lower limit on how much Hela can regenerate and block damage in the Gods of the Arena contest. I just fought her at the Heroic level, and I lost my entire team (including reviving one champion 3 times). The final opponent shouldn't keep getting that much stamina back - when Hela's meter comes back from nothing 5+ times, that's too much. I know it's supposed to be difficult, but that's ridiculous. It takes all the fun out of playing, and goes from challenging to extremely frustrating. I still have to play "Show of Force" three more times to reach 100% completion, but it's not worth it if it's that difficult.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    She is a pretty easy opponent ... maybe you are just doing something wrong.
    Kill her once, she will regen a little bit. Kill her again and she will trigger the invulnerability buff. Then do 1 hit and she is down.
    You can also lower her defensive ability accuracy to avoid her regen and invulnerability buff from triggering
  • She seems to be getting harder each time I play through. I beat her with just 3 or 4 champions the first time, I needed all five the second time, and this time it took me eight (3 revives). She'd basically stay invulnerable long enough to whittle down my champion's entire health bar, even if I started with full health. Trying to wait her out didn't work either.
    Her buff only lasts a few seconds. You can easily evade and avoid any hit from her ...
    Guess you're skill isn't enough yet to fight her ...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Ability reduction champs can be a lot of help too.

Stack a few fury buffs on Crossbones
    Hit streak with gwenpool
    a couple neurotoxins with AA
    Hood's hex from SP2
    Nullify from just about every mystic

All of those prevent/eliminate her regen and her indestructible.

Or just evade her heavies and bash away.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    What's your roster like and who is your highest level champ? Just curious because I did 100% master and heroic and never had that problem. I actually thought she was easy. No offense, but you just may need a stronger roster.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Her buff only lasts a few seconds. You can easily evade and avoid any hit from her ...
    Guess you're skill isn't enough yet to fight her ...

Or maybe the difficulty really is too hard. I know what I saw-her invincibility lasted more than "a few seconds." And I didn't have this much trouble the first two times I fought her, but the difficulty did seem to get progressively higher.
    I'm sure that the difficulty is the same as it was in the previous events. She just has different abilities, that's it. She is easy if you are a mid-tier player
  • I've got 2x 5-stars and 3x 4-stars, with a 14K+ rating. If that's not enough. . .
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I've got 2x 5-stars and 3x 4-stars, with a 14K+ rating. If that's not enough. . .

then maby time to admit ur not at the skill level to beat it
  • Sirnoob wrote: »
    I've got 2x 5-stars and 3x 4-stars, with a 14K+ rating. If that's not enough. . .

then maby time to admit ur not at the skill level to beat it

Except for the two times I already did, before Hela's difficulty level got turned up a few notches.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

You shouldn't have any problems. Are any of them bleed or poison champs? You can try to get a bleed/poison going so that she dies from that after her indestructible expires.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

Hi Oldmanrogers, in case I missed it, can you pls share who are the 2x 5* and 3x 4* champs you used to fight her?

I fought her multiple times in Heroic mode (I didn't use energy refill to rush thru the event, so I'm yet to start Master mode) and
    1) in a few occasions my 4* undupped SW completely nullified her.
    2) Also I found my 4* dupped CB is quite effective against her.
    3) Besides, I also like my 4* dupped X-23 who can bleed the hell out of her, I noticed the stacked bleed effect can last longer than her indestructible buff, if I recall correctly.
    4) Once awhile my 4* electro killed her after her buff expired and she touched him and got electrocuted.

There are plenty other champs can deal with her quite easily and effectively, of course I don't have the time to try all of them out (no reason to)

Since I didn't have to return to fight her multiple times after my previous champs died in the process, so I personally didn't have the chance to "feel" if she gets harder to kill after each pass. Maybe if I have the chance and I can afford to purposely loose my champs, and if I remember to do so, I may try shall the chance araise.

Personally I think she is far less a pain in the butt compared to Mephisto.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @OldManRogers

She has no persistent charges to suggest she would get harder each time you fight... unlike Mephisto or Morning Star.

She might buff differently below a certain health percentage. Her indestructible buff can easily be bypassed with ability reduction champs, but even so, you can just evade her until it wears off and it's a tap and she's dead.

There is nothing wrong with the rating of your roster, in theory you should be able to beat her without too much trouble.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Voodoo. If you stack enough Poison, it bypasses Indestructible.
  • johnyx99johnyx99 Posts: 42
    I was using mordo. His first and second mostly. 10 x fury and no probs. On master. For that mongol thor i used 5* sl and volwerine. Easy bosses to be honest. Both of them.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The trick to Hela is to reach her with your full team at 90% health.

After that your goal is to get her as close to 0 as possible for the first time with one champ, then concede the game if your champ is already close to dying.

After that bring in a full health champ to kill her twice.

It's all about strategy. You need a fresh champ to kill her twice in one go. Rather than kill her, she regen, she kills you, you bring in another champ and have to kill her twice again.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Someone used a 5/50 Iceman... Or a 5* Star Lord...

Well... it is not just a mater of skill... Your roster is really important as well as your masteries. There are lots of things that can influence on the results.

@OldManRogers be careful to not get hit by Hela because she of the buffs she has when under ~20% ... she can drain your life and turn the fight really long.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I love it when the Mad Skillz brigade chimes in. Skills means u can beat Heroic Hela with the Team From Hell of 3* She-Hulk, Kamala Khan, Ant-Man, spider-gwen and Karnak - all unduped of course. My 6 year old beat Heroic Hela with my 5/50 iceman by somehow picking his nose and tapping the phone simultaneously.

That's actually not that difficult...

Master mode can be done with mediocre 3 stars without much trouble heroic can be a 2* fiesta if you play well

• StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Not to get all tinfoil hat here, but there may be something to this.

I rush-completed the events early when they dropped, then took my time to fully complete, and while I absolutely rinsed through them the first time, every subsequent trip the AI gets more and more ****.

Just now on the last round against Hela (in master difficulty), Magik's 3rd special somehow didn't nullify any of her buffs the way it always did in all the other rounds against her.

Other gradual changes include dexterity proccing but single-hit specials still landing (Storm), Heavy attack hit range bugging (Hela used hers after I dashed back against my wall, but with half the room's distance between us I still got bodied by those spears) and my damage dropping a bit with each round (used the same team, my go-to crew, and a basic medium finisher against Hela dropped from about 700 to about 400 over the course of the rounds)

Just some stuff I noticed. Still won overall, but it was really damn annoying.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Voodoo. If you stack enough Poison, it bypasses Indestructible.

LOL WUT??
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    It is suppose to be a challenge.