Mantis - Suggestion for the upcoming buff

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
Not so much a buff idea, but I’d really appreciate it if the team looked at her hit box on the first light attack. There are a few match ups with larger character models like Venom and AntiVenom where it feels like she’s whiffing even though the screen looks like it’s connecting and then she’s getting punished in the face. With her risky play style it’d be great if the buff also reviewed some of the fundamental parts of her kit like hit boxes

Comments

• SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Member Posts: 73
    I think Mantis doesnt need a rework. She is good as it is. My opinion
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

I think Mantis doesnt need a rework. She is good as it is. My opinion

I mostly felt the same way, but I do agree with the game teams assessment. She underperforms in some match ups if the SP2 with max mixed emotions is intended to finish a BGs healthpool. So I’m looking forward to the value buff she’s slated for.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,180 ★★★★
    Oh dude definitely. Yesterday I was doing the shooting star quest and I think I was fighting she hulk when my lights just didn't connect. Literally just did a medium into light and it fully whiffed. I've also had the second hit of the sp2 whiff when the first hit landed square.

Increasing her transquillize in non-class advantage matchups is a given. I think she also needs to be able to retain her furies for a combo or two. Rn she's great if one sp2 KOs the opponent, which is upto a certain health threshold. If the fight exceeds that threshold and they survive the sp2, then she enters that grey phase again where she has no dmg and needs to build up again. It could also be another outlet of dmg for her in matchups where she can't fully utilise her sp2.

I feel like she's one of these champs that doesn't work with a lot of nodes. Which makes her very limited. She's quite squishy with a rigid and risky playstyle. I wouldn't throw her into a matchup willy-nilly like I do with some other champs.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    just curious which relic did you connect to Mantis to maximize or boost her damage potential.. as 7*, what attribute did you pick to focus on for attack and defense (why?) Thanks.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Member Posts: 619 ★★★
    psp742 said:

just curious which relic did you connect to Mantis to maximize or boost her damage potential.. as 7*, what attribute did you pick to focus on for attack and defense (why?) Thanks.

If you look in the top left of the character’s health bar it has a circle with another champ, that’s the relic that’s currently attached. So they were using the valk relic, not sure if it’s the best one for her or not but it is the one they are using
    psp742 said:

So I threw a Valk relic on her for the extra fury, and since part of Mantis’s playstyle is to hit the block when the defender is intimidated it can help get a little extra damage in addition to complimenting how this relic builds the spirit meter
    Oh I gave her the enhanced special damage, b/c the sp2 lined up is a guaranteed crit
    edited May 2023
    I have Black Panther OG relic on my Mantis.. not sure if it benefits her or not from him..

I have following skill relic: Valkryie, Black Panther OG, and Winter Soldier..

Valkryie is with Kingpin/Nick Fury
    Winter Soldier is with Misty Knight.
    Black Panther OG is with Jabari Panther/ Mantis
    just wondering if anyone experience a bug of sort with Mantis.. it was in AW vs Antman minor boss.. condition were, Mantis with sp2 ready and has 18 mixed emotions on Antman.. Antman has 9 pym particle but no fatigue and no unsteady on Mantis.. while in intimidate, I hold heavy to charge fury.. got to 8 fury, I let it hit twice and cancel into sp2.. didn't even do much damage.. barely did anything really.. I tried to chip away but got to 1% and time out.. went back in and it was like everything was normal.. her damage was back.. really strange.