**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dear Kabam Team Member who keeps adding T2A to End Game Rewards without the ability to sell them:

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
With all due politeness and respect.. pretty please, with sugar on top...

Love,
Hungry

Comments

• Options

I don't know, why don't you use them? Even if its just to rank up some meh champions, you're not wasting any valuable resources at that point

That's after letting 2 rows of them expire last night and now I've just ranked two 6 stars for level up purposes.. There's no way I'd have enough gold or any other corresponding material to use all of that T2A
    Trust, I have plenty of meh/for funsies r3
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Threat level 5 is end game content?

You've got me there tbh.. was just a spur of the moment post when I was checking the rewards for SQ 😄
    But I just meant in general, that Map 8/Paragon players receive too much T2A and not enough r4 material imo.. AQ, for one example, just doesn't make sense to me rn..hoping an update is on the horizon
    I run map 8 and I'm a Paragon player and I disagree. You still need t2a to go from ranks 1 to 3. I'm finding it hard to get T4CC for any of my rank ups.

But in the exploration rewards for that quest you get R4 mats.
  • Options

Threat level 5 is end game content?

You've got me there tbh.. was just a spur of the moment post when I was checking the rewards for SQ 😄
    But I just meant in general, that Map 8/Paragon players receive too much T2A and not enough r4 material imo.. AQ, for one example, just doesn't make sense to me rn..hoping an update is on the horizon
    I run map 8 and I'm a Paragon player and I disagree. You still need t2a to go from ranks 1 to 3. I'm finding it hard to get T4CC for any of my rank ups.

But in the exploration rewards for that quest you get R4 mats.
    Yes, I was in and agreed with (after trolling my buddy) your post about the unannounced 7 star defenders last week and the stat boost they received.
    That's what I'm saying.. that I can't support the use of the T2A we receive because I need the gold and corresponding materials to rank champions I will actually use.. so while I do plenty of "for fun" rank ups in an attempt to use some of them.. it's limited and ultimately a struggle to make use of them to the point where it really doesn't matter if they expire if we're being honest, yeah?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

I don't know, why don't you use them? Even if its just to rank up some meh champions, you're not wasting any valuable resources at that point

That's after letting 2 rows of them expire last night and now I've just ranked two 6 stars for level up purposes.. There's no way I'd have enough gold or any other corresponding material to use all of that T2A
    Gold is not an issue if you play regularly at the bare minimum and, neither are T5 basic catalysts at that point in progression
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    For example, for top 100 or whatever that bracket would be in AQ you receive literally 100x the amount of t2a to t3a.. not 10x.. 100x 🙃
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Gold is not an issue if you play regularly at the bare minimum and, neither are T5 basic catalysts at that point in progression
    Correct, I have 30-40 T5B in stash.. I'd be more referring to t4b and c probably.. but I'm gonna disagree on the gold, at least partially.. using 108 T2A is a lot of dang gold
    But the larger issue as I said is that we need large amounts of gold for rank ups beyond 6r3 (where T2A no longer is used)
    If we factor this into the equation (that gold is needed for other things besides trying to use all this T2A) it's not quite as viable of an idea
  • Options
    And yes, I have access to lots of t4b and c via AQ map crystals, but guess what else is in those.. 🙃
    It's a losing battle to try to use all of the t2a
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    When we progress to a certain level in the game, it's time to get fully formed T3 Alphas, not keep getting T2's.
  • Options

And yes, I have access to lots of t4b and c via AQ map crystals, but guess what else is in those.. 🙃
    It's a losing battle to try to use all of the t2a

You'll have to open those eventually, they will be soon be auto-open. And you can buy the T4 basics easily anyway
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    Don't take T2 alpha away, I still need them to rank up my 6 stars. I actually need more. I'm always out so I have to buy them with glory and BG tokens. I do like ranking up 6 stars from 1-3 so it's very handy.
  • Options

Don't take T2 alpha away, I still need them to rank up my 6 stars. I actually need more. I'm always out so I have to buy them with glory and BG tokens. I do like ranking up 6 stars from 1-3 so it's very handy.

Do Map 8 and you'll have plenty in the overflow 😃
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,168 ★★★★

Do Map 8 and you'll have plenty in the overflow 😃
    I'm in a nice relaxing retired alliance so I don't want to start doing Map 8. Map 5 is perfect for my skil and pace of gaming. That's why I keep buying them in the glory and BG store.
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    you might not know how fast it gets run out.... try ranking up for a change you will know
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

The T5B T2A balance is off & has been off for quite a long time now
    To use T2A we also need adequate amount of T5B, but the T5B often falls short of corresponding T2A in inventory
    The other option is to invest expiring T2A in 5* champs which at this point is just a waste of resources for many people
    Abundance of T2A is not the issue....shortage of T5B is

Currently I have around 35 T2A but only 10 T5B
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

The T5B T2A balance is off & has been off for quite a long time now
    To use T2A we also need adequate amount of T5B, but the T5B often falls short of corresponding T2A in inventory
    The other option is to invest expiring T2A in 5* champs which at this point is just a waste of resources for many people
    Abundance of T2A is not the issue....shortage of T5B is

Currently I have around 35 T2A but only 10 T5B
    I have absolutely no issues with any of the two resources. Constantly have them close to expire all the time, using them all the time. I always have at least a few dozens of them in the stash.

And I'm F2P. The one's able to pay always have the option to directly buy them all the time, so they have it even easier
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I don't want them to take them away. Anyone who ranks 5 and/or 6 stars needs a certain amount, obviously (I'm not sure why lots of folks keep telling me this information - I've been playing the game since it was first introduced as a final reward for Act 4 and fully aware of what T2A is used for lol).. But the post is referring to folks doing end game content (while we could have an entirely different thread where everyone tries to define end game content - I just mean the highest level available to play of any given game mode - example: map 8 AQ) and continuing to receive them as if it's an end game resource or "valuable item (which cannot be sold)"

Except in reality, it's a resource that was introduced in Act 4.. It's been.. more than 6 years since then? I'm sorry, but it no longer passes as a primary Map 8 or equivalent reward imo at this point. A secondary reward, maybe.. where you get just a few of them on the side. When you see folks with over 70 in the overflow.. it can no longer be referred to as a "valuable item".. for that bracket of player specifically (any item's value is relative to progression). If you can let 2-3 rows of something just drop off your inventory and it doesn't affect you.. it's simply not that valuable anymore.

"Rank more champs, my guy.." Lol, how many times are we gonna say this? Please read up in the post before saying this again.

I do.. I've said this many times. How many 6r3 should someone have? What is enough? 60, 70.. 120?
    Idc.. I'll rank as many more as my gold and other resources allow, but once you've got 70 or more r3.. if you don't play arena anymore.. you're really only doing it so some item you have 108 of doesn't "go to waste". And naturally you'll want to rank 4 and 5 some of your champs too.. and when this begins to compete with your gold, iso and other material.. it just doesn't make sense at a certain point.

Map 8 rewards should be focused on (at a minimum) 6r4 materials (6r5/7r2 at the high end of the ranks).. not 6r3 materials. As I said.. for rank 100ish.. I received 100x the amount of t2a that I did t3a.. Can we think about this for a second? 100 times the amount.. not 10.. 100 times.. How does this pass?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Don't listen to the guys saying rank up more champs, they don't get it because the aren't at the progression level you are. Why would you rank champs you are never going to use and waste gold & iso for them. Lagacy put it perfectly in his latest vid imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShICIJkbSyY
  • Options

Don't listen to the guys saying rank up more champs, they don't get it because the aren't at the progression level you are.

Nah, we are. If there is nothing to lose, including gold and iso, then why not rank up champs instead of letting the catalysts expire?
  • Options

Don't listen to the guys saying rank up more champs, they don't get it because the aren't at the progression level you are.

Nah, we are. If there is nothing to lose, including gold and iso, then why not rank up champs instead of letting the catalysts expire?
    There is something to lose, gold and iso.

I still spend glory for gold in the store cause 7 star and 6r5/r4 cost a lot. I would rather spend that on extra r4 mats but I have to spend glory or otherwise I will run out.

Iso I seem to have enough but I remember not so distant pasts where I was barely having enough - I don't want to go back to those times.

So yes there are precious resources to lose, to me gold and iso.
  • Options

That's something you should probably work out on it, since it's not a problem at that point of progression. Is pretty much resources that you get without even realizing and sometimes even forget that they are a thing
  • Options

That's something you should probably work out on it, since it's not a problem at that point of progression. Is pretty much resources that you get without even realizing and sometimes even forget that they are a thing
    I have 17 million gold right now 2,5k ISO (+ 160k 5 star shards and 15k 4 star shards). My point is that it isn't a problem and you are correct in saying it's a resource that you get without realising. But that doesn't mean I want to throw it all away to useless stuff, because I remember a time where everyone was short on gold and iso. This game is about resource management, why would you use two resources you do need to not let one resource you don't need expire? I'm not in the same boat as OP because I only sometimes let a dozen or so t2a expire so it doesn't really matter that much to me but I get him. Referencing lagacy's video: who not just let us sell them?

An analogy: if I have more than enough money, even to the point I can burn it, I would still not use it to buy a house in a distant country I will never live in or rent out.
  • Options

Don't listen to the guys saying rank up more champs, they don't get it because the aren't at the progression level you are. Why would you rank champs you are never going to use and waste gold & iso for them. Lagacy put it perfectly in his latest vid imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShICIJkbSyY

Thanks for the link! Hopefully hearing it from a well known content creator will help some folks see things from our point of view.. probably not, but we had to try 🙃
    *Disagrees incoming*