Why did people want 6* Wolverine so much?

altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
I have heard for the longest time how much players wanted a 6* Wolverine, even in the lead up to the new featured crystal this past week.

Now that he is in this featured crystal, and more "easily" obtained, I thought I'd ask why people want him so much.

Why did he seem to be one of the most desired champions?

Why did people want 6* Wolverine so much? 145 votes

He was rare / hard to get, so it was about completing the collection of champions
26%
mostlyharmlessnShadowstrikeSw0rdMasterCassyBrokenHilldarSandeepSAckbar67rcm2017Saske97Trafalgarwar96CosmicSpider5monomuggDeaconVbnmeCtfz35RenaxqqRouger4ShenkAnly 39 votes
He is an amazing champion (a top mutant, top across classes, etc)
8%
Time4ASpankingMoosetiptronicwvonkScopeotoe987JimmyBArifuteraWebhead055SearmenisJefechutaCoach_G1CoppinRealpg 12 votes
He is amazing as an apocalypse horseman
42%
BigbowlrLeNoirFaineantMagicBentonHort47abo2aManup456ChovnerVegeta9001bryce7mFrankWhiteLuke2323Mqc19CropDusterOsfan8RasilovertntslTexas_11MigginslyBuzerk1969_Sham_ 61 votes
He is a popular character, so I just wanted the highest star version of him
17%
bhuv9191RaganatorCrkwestphillgreenMagrailothosrockykostonpseudosaneUnobtainiumClawsBarrier ReefLiquidkoldC19h28o2HungaryHippoSquirrelguyTripleBGMAX77FerahgoAshacekarShafiqHickdog27Dave7099 25 votes
Other
5%
GK_23GodrohrRockyshockyJChanceH9Powerofpain1001RawrasurusGiantwalrus56The_losttier 8 votes

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★
    Because it’s Wolverine! An absolute weapon of character!

Even if in game he isn’t all that! Who doesn’t love Wolverine!

My favourite Marvel Character and can’t wait to get him!
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Good healer, slow attacker but saves potions and revives
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    I don't care about fun champs who are absolute garbage in BGs. And viola I got him bludy duped.
    This cute yello spandex wolvie gonna stay r1 forever. (Unless some catalyst is expiring that will go into him probably)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Horseman Wolvie shreds, plus insane healing. Had my 6* duped for a little while after his Cavs came out and I’ve not been disappointed.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Can heal to 100 from 20%
    Only a few champions can do that without willpower
    To top that he is also an amazing Horseman so he isn't only a potion saver but also a powerful dmg dealer
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★

Saying this line at the end of the fight in mcoc would be neat
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    Other
    I think it was a combination of the options, but ultimately he was very good when they initially blocked his release to higher star tiers, which built up hype. At this point I think they could release Magik as well. I’d love to have a r5 6* Quake, or 7*, but she is just busted, and I don’t blame them for not wanting to design around her kit.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    Because it's wolverine.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Apoc synergy
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    I saved 6* shards for about 2 months and hoarded 6* stones. I saved a romance awakening gem, a mutant awakening gem and a generic awakening gem (just to ensure I had all the bases covered). I saved every bit of rank up mat I got my hands on….all in anticipation of Tuesday. 22 crystals opened and I got Wolverine on the last one. Within three minutes I awakened him, took him to sig 200 and sent him straight to R5. You wanna know why? Because he’s he’s absolutely filthy as a horseman. Good lord….the things I’ve seen him do as a horseman is obscene…
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    altavista said:

I have heard for the longest time how much players wanted a 6* Wolverine, even in the lead up to the new featured crystal this past week.

Now that he is in this featured crystal, and more "easily" obtained, I thought I'd ask why people want him so much.

Why did he seem to be one of the most desired champions?

He's a good champ as a horseman nowhere close to being the top, but he's good. Saves people potions and revives.
  • WeaponX4XWeaponX4X Member Posts: 64
    Vance2_jr said:

I saved 6* shards for about 2 months and hoarded 6* stones. I saved a romance awakening gem, a mutant awakening gem and a generic awakening gem (just to ensure I had all the bases covered). I saved every bit of rank up mat I got my hands on….all in anticipation of Tuesday. 22 crystals opened and I got Wolverine on the last one. Within three minutes I awakened him, took him to sig 200 and sent him straight to R5. You wanna know why? Because he’s he’s absolutely filthy as a horseman. Good lord….the things I’ve seen him do as a horseman is obscene…

Same! Except I’m approximately 40 featured crystals in and still haven’t pulled him. The only new champ I’ve pulled of those is Zemo. AND to make matters worse I pulled Red Skull 6x, Massacre 5x, Hela 5x and She-hulk 5x. No exaggeration. Utter nonsense. “RNG” 🤬
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    WeaponX4X said:

Vance2_jr said:

Same! Except I’m approximately 40 featured crystals in and still haven’t pulled him. The only new champ I’ve pulled of those is Zemo. AND to make matters worse I pulled Red Skull 6x, Massacre 5x, Hela 5x and She-hulk 5x. No exaggeration. Utter nonsense. “RNG” 🤬
    RNG includes such results, sadly in your case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    WeaponX4X said:

Vance2_jr said:

Red Skull is actually an amazing pull if you have no other champions and also pent up self hatred. Hope this helps!!
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Im in the camp that wants him simply because he’s Wolverine. I do acknowledge how impressive he is as a horseman, and his regen is still amazing even in the current flow of content, but as one who made the choice to R3 Cyclops Classic simply because I really like the character, I’d definitely be happy to pair a 6 star Wolverine with him. (Until then, my maxed out 5 will have to do)
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Personally, nostalgia from when he used to run aq as a 4* and a 3* before that, along with his survivability and apocalypse horseman makes a 6* r3/4 formidable, idk if I'm going to be that guy that r5s him but r4 sure.