**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

kitty ibomb or valkyrie?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
i’ve been playing with, and love all 3, however i’m no expert in any of them, and they’re all unduped. but i’m still considering them for my next R4 champions.

are there any people who play a lot of them, especially kitty and valk, champions whom i constantly feel like i’m missing something for, like i’m unable to extract the really nutty damage from.

any insight is appreciated, thanks all in advance.

Comments

• KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 884 ★★★
    All of them need dupe and ibom and valk need sigs, so don't r4 any of them unawakened.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 884 ★★★
    Unduped kitty is barely worth r3.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    thought i should add i may be able to get a 6* AG from the side quest, if my ticket yields anything and kabam support does anything (not guaranteed). i would consider using it on kitty the most as @Furrymoosen said, it makes her cheesy.

thanks for the advice though, i’ll have to see who i enjoy for now but thanks for the advice on awakened abilities.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    You'll probably awaken all of them b/c of how common AGs are becoming. So do whoever you want
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,159 ★★★★★
    BigBuster said:

You'll probably awaken all of them b/c of how common AGs are becoming. So do whoever you want

I agree with that. I used a generic on my favorite 6*, Vulture, because they're getting so common now.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,885 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

i’ve been playing with, and love all 3, however i’m no expert in any of them, and they’re all unduped. but i’m still considering them for my next R4 champions.

are there any people who play a lot of them, especially kitty and valk, champions whom i constantly feel like i’m missing something for, like i’m unable to extract the really nutty damage from.

As someone with all 3 at R4, here is what I will say.

Valkyrie you want ideally at max sig, but her sig predominantly applies to fights where unstoppable is going to be annoying. At max sig she will ignore all unstoppable effects after hitting 11 in her combo. That’s pretty great. But her sig isn’t going to add anything significant to her offensive abilities and she’ll still be nearly as useful a champ unawakened.
    Recommendation: awaken her and get some sigs in her. More fun that way.

Kitty does not NEED her dupe. Her dupe makes her cheesier. Her dupe makes her much, much better in fights where your opponent counters miss. Fights like Nick Fury, Herc, Daredevil, and many nodes, get much cheesier since she will not take damage while phased and will gain tons of power. It also helps her to take no damage from debuffs while phased as opposed to taking reduced damage, further adding to her cheese. But like Valkyrie her dupe adds more utility than it does offensive power, so it isn’t absolutely necessary.
    Recommendation: awaken her. Sig 1 is fine.

Ibom would need his awakening more than the other two and I would argue that you want him awakened. It helps him to do what he does better on offense. You start with more poisons which will allow his Acid Burn phase to last longer. Add to that that all of his poisons last longer and you will be melting your opponent faster and it’s pretty great. That and free willpower healing out of the gate with a few poisons is nice.
    Recommendation: awaken and get some sigs, but don’t panic about max sig.

Overall, if you can awaken one of them pick who you enjoy playing the most. Otherwise, if only unawakened, I would go with Kitty or Valkyrie, they just won’t be as usable as they would be awakened.

Why should ibom need awakening?I play him unawakened,he starts slow,but i would be able to launch a sp1,before my acid burn from sp2 expires. Does awakening really make a difference?do he neec sig? does he deserve generic ag?
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

Valkyrie you want ideally at max sig, but her sig predominantly applies to fights where unstoppable is going to be annoying. At max sig she will ignore all unstoppable effects after hitting 11 in her combo. That’s pretty great. But her sig isn’t going to add anything significant to her offensive abilities and she’ll still be nearly as useful a champ unawakened.

Kitty does not NEED her dupe. Her dupe makes her cheesier. Her dupe makes her much, much better in fights where your opponent counters miss. Fights like Nick Fury, Herc, Daredevil, and many nodes, get much cheesier since she will not take damage while phased and will gain tons of power. It also helps her to take no damage from debuffs while phased as opposed to taking reduced damage, further adding to her cheese. But like Valkyrie her dupe adds more utility than it does offensive power, so it isn’t absolutely necessary.

Ibom would need his awakening more than the other two and I would argue that you want him awakened. It helps him to do what he does better on offense. You start with more poisons which will allow his Acid Burn phase to last longer. Add to that that all of his poisons last longer and you will be melting your opponent faster and it’s pretty great. That and free willpower healing out of the gate with a few poisons is nice.

Overall, if you can awaken one of them pick who you enjoy playing the most. Otherwise, if only unawakened, I would go with Kitty or Valkyrie, they just won’t be as usable as they would be awakened.

Why should ibom need awakening?I play him unawakened,he starts slow,but i would be able to launch a sp1,before my acid burn from sp2 expires. Does awakening really make a difference?do he neec sig? does he deserve generic ag?
    I’m not so much arguing that he needs his awakening, rather that he needs his awakening more than the other two champs presented in the discussion. Below is a picture of my sig 110 ability on my Ibom. You’ll notice 3 things. First, he can stack more poisons on himself, helping Acid Burn to last longer. Longer Acid Burn also means more easily stacked Acid Burn because you won’t need to spam SP1 to keep it up. Second, he starts with 3 poison. Depending on the fight, if using an unawakened Ibom you will most likely want to throw an SP1 to stack a few more poisons before throwing the SP2 to make sure you can maintain Acid Burn more easily. With the 3 poisons to start the fight you can pretty much go straight to an SP2 and more easily maintain Acid Burn. Third, the debuffs last longer. This is primarily useful if the AI is being incredibly passive (like that ever happens), but ultimately longer lasting debuffs and Acid Burn means more damage dealt, which means faster fights, which means less time to make mistakes. Add these 3 things together and he is quite a bit stronger, faster and more sustainable than unawakened.

All in all, a great champ unawakened, but he does get a sizable offensive boost when awakened. I believe I took mine to R3 prior to him being awakened and still enjoyed him.
    Is he worth a generic gem? Well that depends on your roster and how your awakening gem flow is going. I would argue that he is easily worth a class gem at the very least.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,885 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

I’m not so much arguing that he needs his awakening, rather that he needs his awakening more than the other two champs presented in the discussion. Below is a picture of my sig 110 ability on my Ibom. You’ll notice 3 things. First, he can stack more poisons on himself, helping Acid Burn to last longer. Longer Acid Burn also means more easily stacked Acid Burn because you won’t need to spam SP1 to keep it up. Second, he starts with 3 poison. Depending on the fight, if using an unawakened Ibom you will most likely want to throw an SP1 to stack a few more poisons before throwing the SP2 to make sure you can maintain Acid Burn more easily. With the 3 poisons to start the fight you can pretty much go straight to an SP2 and more easily maintain Acid Burn. Third, the debuffs last longer. This is primarily useful if the AI is being incredibly passive (like that ever happens), but ultimately longer lasting debuffs and Acid Burn means more damage dealt, which means faster fights, which means less time to make mistakes. Add these 3 things together and he is quite a bit stronger, faster and more sustainable than unawakened.

All in all, a great champ unawakened, but he does get a sizable offensive boost when awakened. I believe I took mine to R3 prior to him being awakened and still enjoyed him.
    Is he worth a generic gem? Well that depends on your roster and how your awakening gem flow is going. I would argue that he is easily worth a class gem at the very least.
    I'm having him r4 and he's the only r4 in my science roster,and yeah I have 2 generic ag excluding this month sq ag,Also does increased duration of poison/acid burn really going to make a difference?or is he good at sig 1?,
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

I'm having him r4 and he's the only r4 in my science roster,and yeah I have 2 generic ag excluding this month sq ag,Also does increased duration of poison/acid burn really going to make a difference?or is he good at sig 1?,
    Sig 1 is already a significant boost for him. Like I said above, I wouldn’t panic about max sig, but I would suggest putting some sigs into him. You get about 2/3 of his ability value around sig 50.
  • OrtounOrtoun Posts: 562 ★★★
    Valk is tons of fun, on nodes like invade or deep impact 1 sp2 into a block will destroy most defenders (see the shooting stars quest) as for her sig, if you want to actually use her for that utility, be prepared to dump a ton of stones into her. It's annoying because it is a round up situation, so awaken to 60ish it you need 4 pierce/bulwark effects, then 3 till about 120ish, after that is 2 until max sig. I'm holding off dropping more stones in mine because I'm not sure 10 more hits on the combo is worth 80 or so stones.
  • GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Posts: 168
    Do valkyrie. For damage she don't need the dupe. All it does is add some utilty. You can always dupe or awaken her later
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    Kitty really needs dupe. Valkyrie, i am not sure. I can say Ibom doesn't need dupe and sigs to be a good character. Just use sp1 and then sp2, to maintain self poisons and stack on multiple auras. As u stack them, use sp3 for the big burst damage on every hit with acid burn too