**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Last Side Quest Objectives, not the best idea at all?

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
Just wanted to make a point about this weeks SQ Objectives, so here it is:

Those are decent objectives, nice way to encourage people to do content, but, if this is the way I think it is, we have to rerun the SQs again to do the fights, which is a pretty bad take to put this on a different time frame than the other objectives, and even worse to do it in the last week, because a lot of people already explored the SQs, which was kinda boring to do, since this time we had to run each quest 5 times instead of ussual 3 in this kind of SQs.

This is not in an angry tone, but I just saw it and I felt like this wasnt the best decission at all, so I wanted to say it here so maybe Miike or Jax can have some feedback about it.

I think It would have been better if you let players do that fights in all the modes in the Game, instead of having to rerun SQs again, or even better, putting those objectives along the month so we could do those while exploring the SQs.

I hope next time its not like this, I dont think a lot of players are willing to rerun content that they already done, that was tedious to do, to get those objective rewards.

Just wanted to share this, not willing to attack nor be offensive with MCOC Team's work, just giving some feedback.

And by the way, thanks for the Compensation mail about the 7* Star Event, felt good to see it, appreciate it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I definitely agree it could've been better. I would've preferred if the entire side quest was played like these objectives. The same old formula of complete, complete, complete, complete, explore is... fine, but the side quest should be the one place we go every month that breaks that formula. I actually enjoyed going into these objectives, solving the puzzles on my own, using 5r4's-6r1's to give myself a bit of a challenge and not having to worry about doing the same boss 25 times per week.

I suggest that they try this again, rewarding us for doing content that isn't just "go on path, finish quest", just without expecting us to complete and explore it all first. I also really appreciate giving us so many chances at those shards and gold. As a FTP player, I always end up spending all of my battlegrounds points on 5* shards and my glory on t6c iso just to rank up one 6* champ and then I'm out of resources. This months side quest has made all that a little easier
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★

I would be upset if they took this approach in future Side Quest content. It’s not the end of the world, and it is 1 path shorter for each threat level than an extra quest would have been, but this still isn’t an ideal design. The options were to wait and grind everything in one week or repeat content that is already completed, neither of which is enjoyable. I’m not upset with what they did, and the world certainly isn’t ending because of it, but I hope this approach does not become a habit because it is not a good one.

Yep, its not like its a terrible mistake, but its not the best decission at all
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    I am good with it. Easy, decent rewards. Only one truly challenging fight in the whole event (Mantis), and after having fought her 15 times before, I breezed thru it.
  • PoethellPoethell Posts: 124
    So I have to redo the eq again for so-so rewards? Jokes on me I guess!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Poethell said:

So I have to redo the eq again for so-so rewards? Jokes on me I guess!!

You don't have to do anything
  • PandingoPandingo Posts: 692 ★★★
    I'm gunna gripe about it but the rewards are just good enough that I'll do the grind again. It definitely discourages 100% Sq on release in the future though
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    "I hope next time its not like this, I dont think a lot of players are willing to rerun content that they already done, that was tedious to do, to get those objective rewards."

Thats just perfect put.

Also
    zuffy said:

First, I thought it was an error of objectives for next month side quest. Then realized it's for the side quest I have 100% already. Why didn't we get these in the beginning of the month when the side quest started?

I just cant understand this, doesnt make sense at all, looks like it was on purpouse to f us.

I usually do everything that comes every month, but im not doing that ULTRA TEDIUS shet again, f that
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,047 ★★★★
    Kabam can argue that they explained that this would happen in the event breakdown and rewards note, so it was the player's choice to finish before the 5th and final week.

Except those notes are often so exhaustive that it's overwhelming for a lot of people to keep track of, not to mention the people who play the game and read the in-game messages but don't spend any time on the forums.

I personally think it's a bad strategy for repeating content to get rewards, but it is what it is.