**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

This game is in the WORST state it’s ever been in, this is getting ridiculous.

Hello Kabam or whoever may be reading this particular forum post. This will be my first ever post on here, because I feel like I just can’t hold my frustrations in any longer.
For some backstory for you all, I have been playing this game pretty consistently for about 7 and a half years or so. Many of you may even know me/recognize me if you saw me in the global chat; which is why I kept my display name different than my in game user.
Anyways, to the point now.
The input issues, crashing, extreme lag, freeze frames, etc.. is starting to really get out of control.
I just played a match in BG’s where I lost simply because the opponents Hercules was on 2 bars of power (almost 3) and because my game just chose to stop letting me dex, I ate two hits to the face and he was pushed to an S3. In what universe or world is it fun to be basically punished for being a good player? Do I just have to go buy a brand new top of the line phone or something to actually play this game without issues again?
Not only just the input issues either, the A.I. has gotten to the point of pure ridiculousness to try and bait them to play into you. I literally spent 35 seconds a few BG matches ago, trying to bait a Nick Fury’s SP2. I also subsequently lost that fight as well, since I wound up timing out due to how extremely passive the A.I. was. I wasn’t given a single opening, nor an opportunity to attack.
Truthfully I know for a fact that I am one of many who keep this game FTP, as I do go pretty all out during various events; but with all these issues plaguing the game I’m seriously considering never touching this game ever again with a ten foot pole.
This isn’t the Kabam I grew up with, that always was having bug fixes and maintenance every Thursday around 2 o clock. This just seems like you’re completely taking advantage of us Kabam, and I don’t think I’ve ever been this annoyed with a game company.
I already know of many many other veteran players that called it quits for this same reason (among others) and I’ve been seriously considering doing the same.
The only reason I still play now in fact, is due to having made many friends and close friends on this game over the years. They’re the only reason I still play.

Comments

• Options
    SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 61
    For the record as well, I only threw that whaling part in to demonstrate how passionate I am about this game; feel free to leave any comment you’d like. Hope you all have a fantastic day.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,347 ★★★★★

Worst state? No way, remember that buggy year with all these weekly compensations... I think it was more than a year

They never fixed those issues, just declared victory and stopped the compensation.
    I wish I had Photoshop skills because this post would be Kabam Miike in the Summoner's space suit in place of Bush with the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner in the background.
  • Options
    OGAvenger said:

Haven’t seen many issues on my end. Still able to play and enjoy the game with relative ease

It seems like it does vary from user to user, but for me it’s very sporadic usually. It will happen at the drop of a hat, and in the current state of the games most popular defenders in BG’s and war; all it takes is one single combo to knock you down for the count.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,430 ★★★★★
    Still Kabam doesn't even mind giving us their time and response, feedback gathering is not even a thing now i believe
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I no longer think the AI recovery issue is 100% an overtuning issue.

I think it’s a frame rate issue (and perhaps a priority of operations issue). The wacky combo interruptions occur as if the game has decided to ignore my input across pretty much all modes, and while I’m confident I’m tapping on my end, the game disagrees and does what it does. Dead inputs fall into this category as well.

Where I’ve been able to finish a combo and drop straight into special, I’m baffled sometimes at the defender’s ability to jump right back in when I’m continuing the cadence I’ve used for most of the past 9 years. Frame rate? Order of operations?

Not sure. But with all the tampering with what was a shoestring+bubble gum+ paper clip game engine, I’m not surprised to get head scratching results.

Dr. Zola

I completely agree with you there, typically a game engine is very indicative of a possible software issue. I’ve also been paying attention to when the inputs “drop” it seems like every time it happens a bit of an animation error happens; as in my medium recoil or light attack recoil animation lasts a few frames longer (or appears that way) than it’s supposed to.
    Thank you for your feedback on my first post, wish you a great weekend.

Sey

• Options

Worst state? No way, remember that buggy year with all these weekly compensations... I think it was more than a year

No worries at all there, I completely agree with you and remember that time in the game as well. However, during that time revives were still farmable (easier at least) compensation was actually very valuable, and the game overall only really had parry input issues (at least that’s from what I remember)
    Now we’re dealing with so many issues it might as well be a laundry list of them. That was my reasoning for titling it this way, thank you for your feedback.
  • Options
    NononoNonono Posts: 45
    The gameplay issues I face happen what seems like every other fight and I don’t understand it. Dexing & Parry issues happen every other fight. My champs dashing backwards mid-combo seem to happen about every 8-10 fights, and the SP Attack buttons not working about a few times a week (which isn’t much considering I’m on the game MULTIPLE times a day)

I’ve contemplated quitting on numerous occasions but pretty much have just went FTP now. If these gameplay issues ever get fixed, I may consider spending money again, maybe.
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

You make some very good points, but it's actually hard to determine where the issue is. The game is admittedly bugged, but personal experience varies a lot - I play on an "old" low-end phone that wasn't very expensive (like $160 as a new, sealed device) and I haven't had as dramatic issues as you describe.

Also please, would you be able to quantify the "many many other veteran players" who quit? I am actually curious about that.

And lastly, for me personally the worst performace issues came around the release of Darkhawk - do you remember that? What an awful time to play!

Sure, yeah. So what I meant about the veteran players all leaving is I can name about 10-15 players that I know for a fact used to lead ally’s and have many different high level ally families; that almost all completely disbanded due to the leaders calling it quits. By veteran players I mean players who have been playing for around 6-7 years. I personally have a close online friend of mine that used to single handedly finish spending ally events for his ally, but once this game just got more and more bug consumed he also called it quits. (Yes he only spent that much to help his ally out, as most were FTP and he was and still is well off)
    I just hate to see old friends go for the reason that they are going, beating the game and getting bored of it is one thing; but getting tired of the game being a buggy mess and calling it quits is another. I hope this reply sheds some light on what I meant.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

Topic aside, this is the most sensible comment I’ve ever seen you post.
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    Whether the AI, input and all other gameplay aspects are bugged is still uncertain. One thing that is clear however is the clear FTP unfriendlyness these path few months. Act 8.2 barely gave a full t6cc, yet we're seeing more and more events that give an insane amount of rewards for cash. Everything from spring cleaning to the insanity that was the 7 star launch event, all while every single game mode has outdated rewards.

Battlegrounds gives some gives some alright rank rewards for GC but the store is incredibly outdated. No t6cc or 7 star shards, along with incredibly overpriced rank 4 materials. The glory store falls into a similar category. Alliance War gives alright rewards but 99% of the community doesn't have the time nor will to participate in that slog. Loyalty store has been outdated since it launched and finally incursions are just....

I know they have to keep the cogs turning somehow and drive profit somehow, but at least give us some way to earn the same rewards in a similar amount. I.E new abyss, buffed stores, etc. I'm seeing people with rank 2 7 stars and already having them near max sig. (somehow) I should at least be able to get a few r5 to be able to fight back in battlegrounds, but all that's available is one random gem in EOP and some t6cc sprinkled about that maybe nets you a 2nd if you're lucky.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

It worked better than this time
  • Options
    VVeapon_X_69VVeapon_X_69 Posts: 2
    Aside from the input issues, nothing worse than seeing that connection icon. Seems like it’s going to be a permanent addition to the game.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,737 ★★★★★
    Nonono said:

The gameplay issues I face happen what seems like every other fight and I don’t understand it. Dexing & Parry issues happen every other fight. My champs dashing backwards mid-combo seem to happen about every 8-10 fights, and the SP Attack buttons not working about a few times a week (which isn’t much considering I’m on the game MULTIPLE times a day)

I’ve contemplated quitting on numerous occasions but pretty much have just went FTP now. If these gameplay issues ever get fixed, I may consider spending money again, maybe.

Do you experience them within a fight as well?

Example: Bahamet fight, a few minutes in, and I can see the frame rate start to get janky. Not much I can do there in the way of resetting the router or restarting my game.

What does janky mean? It’s means a sputtering, stuttering or uneven frame rate where the game appears to be skipping a frame or more, speeding up at times and slowing at others. Changes in rendering like this play havoc with timing for everything—parries become blocks, blocks become missed blocks, dex becomes a hit to the face, etc.

Why does this happen? I tend to run speeds on the 400/20 Mbps range with little packet loss or jitter. All other apps are closed down and I’m on full WiFi.

According to @DNA3000 theres no significant *chatter* between the server and the phone during fights (really?) which suggests there is something either (a) wrong with the way my phone processes the game (but only with MCoC and not with things like streaming video) or (b) there’s something wrong with the fight packet downloaded onto my phone or (c) a combination of (a) and (b) or (d) something else altogether.

As always, would be great to get some guidelines from the team on how to have a better experience.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 284
    edited June 2023
    Kabam says everything is fine, but I wish I could move mid combo like the AI is allowed to. Three consecutive fights Nightcrawler held block continuously after dashing back but the timer stopped halfway, thus stopping the switch to swachbuckling. Funnily enough, Kabam says we lie unless we record,, and when I pressed record and went to fight again out of magic there was no more interruption of the timer... Coincidences. Not at all designed to frustrate you and make you have to spend units on potions, right?

Edit: Also noticed another one where the AI dashes forward twice in the same dash forward, so your first Dex is too short for the second magic dash forward, almost like the AI teleports forward just enough to hit you mid Dex.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    edited June 2023

Those issues were never fixed, they just said they have started working and will send a compensation after Fix and never addressed those issues again

Dex and parry still fail

Infact I have started facing a new issue
    Most of the times when my striker is ready and I try to dash back, my striker activates...
    Edit: another BG bug I found is my timer being completely invisible during fight, ie I can't see how long I have been fighting
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,092 ★★★★

They never fixed those issues, just declared victory and stopped the compensation.
    I mean wasn't the game worse then?
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

I mean wasn't the game worse then?
    No, by far, we had "some input issues" back then
  • Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 294 ★★
    Skill issue 🐸
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 847 ★★★
    The game used to crash like every fifth match. While it still isn’t perfect, I think you have forgotten how bad it was.
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 182
    DrZola said:

I no longer think the AI recovery issue is 100% an overtuning issue.

I think it’s a frame rate issue (and perhaps a priority of operations issue). The wacky combo interruptions occur as if the game has decided to ignore my input across pretty much all modes, and while I’m confident I’m tapping on my end, the game disagrees and does what it does. Dead inputs fall into this category as well.

Where I’ve been able to finish a combo and drop straight into special, I’m baffled sometimes at the defender’s ability to jump right back in when I’m continuing the cadence I’ve used for most of the past 9 years. Frame rate? Order of operations?

Not sure. But with all the tampering with what was a shoestring+bubble gum+ paper clip game engine, I’m not surprised to get head scratching results.

Dr. Zola

This, this and this. I have to come here every so often to see that other people are having similar issues, just so I know I’m not going crazy.

Input issues seem to be getting worse over time. There are times I stop trying to parry altogether due to how inconsistent it is. Eating chip damage is better than combos to the face. Last while though, my block inputs just aren’t registering at all.

Bad enough there are input issues at all, but when there seems like cascading failures that make trying to adapt impossible, it gets to the point where there’s very little point in playing at all.

• Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Agree. The game is on its way down. Someone somewhere did a great job of getting the licence and the art team did a great job of making the champs. After that it all went to shambles. Greed simply ruined what was a great idea. We have however all earned and in some cases, bought and paid for our front row seat to watch it all burn to the ground. Sit back and enjoy watching them burn it all down
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    If you think the game is in a bad state rn should have seen at the peak of parry and input issue controls. Or when 12.0 nerf made landing