Baron Zemo

AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
I have used him( R4 Sig 60) a lot now in BG's and other content but he's painfully slow. Kate, Mole God ,Elsa, Hit Monkey (all R3) are way faster. Nothing great on defence as well.
Am I missing some special rotation? Or is he meant for long form content?

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    I think the nodes of the zemo boss from eq when he was released made it seem like he was this crazy good defender. He’s alright on defence but that eq fight sucked and I thought he would be a lot better based on that, and YouTube hype.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

I think the nodes of the zemo boss from eq when he was released made it seem like he was this crazy good defender. He’s alright on defence but that eq fight sucked and I thought he would be a lot better based on that, and YouTube hype.

I 100% agree with you on this one. Plus some YouTubers (especially CCP guys) overhyped him. We know why “wink”. They only showcased his best possible matchups! Personally, I think Kate is much better for BG and other game content.

P.S.: I have both champs at R3. I was gonna r4 Zemo but after playing both Kate and Zemo. I changed my mind.

He's not the best champion, but he fits perfectly into what he's meant for. You're likely not using him for what he's meant for, and chances are you don't need him for it anyways. He doesn't have the safety net of Nick Fury or the speed and damage of Kate Bishop, but he's exactly what a lot of early to mid game players need. He's not overrated, you likely just interpreted "Zemo's a great champion" as "Zemo is a top contender against Nick, Kate and Kingpin"
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    Azdef said:

Renaxqq said:

He's just overrated. Kate is so much better.

Think I fell for the YouTube hype
    You should formulate your own thoughts and opinions instead of following hype
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★

XFREEDOMX said:

I 100% agree with you on this one. Plus some YouTubers (especially CCP guys) overhyped him. We know why “wink”. They only showcased his best possible matchups! Personally, I think Kate is much better for BG and other game content.

P.S.: I have both champs at R3. I was gonna r4 Zemo but after playing both Kate and Zemo. I changed my mind.

He's not the best champion, but he fits perfectly into what he's meant for. You're likely not using him for what he's meant for, and chances are you don't need him for it anyways. He doesn't have the safety net of Nick Fury or the speed and damage of Kate Bishop, but he's exactly what a lot of early to mid game players need. He's not overrated, you likely just interpreted "Zemo's a great champion" as "Zemo is a top contender against Nick, Kate and Kingpin"
    Lol, I don't think any CCP guys said “Zemo is a great champ”. They straight out said he is “The best” champ. They did not say he is better in his class! They said he is “The best” champ overall.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Kate is too op. I wouldn't want her nerfed or anything, but she craps on Hawkeye from a great height. It's a little odd that she has so many tools and damage. Usually it's one, the other, or neither.
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    M
    ahmynuts said:

Azdef said:

Renaxqq said:

Think I fell for the YouTube hype
    You should formulate your own thoughts and opinions instead of following hype
    Yeah, definitely. That's the moral of the story!
    I mean I can understand why they do that. It's good to see gameplay and breakdown of the abilities and all that but at the end of the day just play with the champ and decide for yourself.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Renaxqq said:

Kate is too op. I wouldn't want her nerfed or anything, but she craps on Hawkeye from a great height. It's a little odd that she has so many tools and damage. Usually it's one, the other, or neither.
    If Abs Man didn't got nerfed then most likely Kate won't get nerfed too.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,614 ★★★★
    I like him. Sure he’s a bit slower because he requires a bit of a rank up but against bleed immune opponents he hits hard thanks to the big fury.
    And so far there is no champ in the game who is root immune…also when Zemo roots you are after in fact ‘rooted’ and will be KO’d in quick order…
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★★
    Zemo is super safe to use with a ton of utility, once you get into his Zemo Lock too the fight is pretty much over at that point. He’s not as fast as Kate but still a great champ
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    Just a late side note - Iam talking of underwhelming damage despite running max recoil and deep wounds.
    Again, don't blindly follow YouTube hype over a champion. Play with the champion as much as possible and make a rank up choice.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I have the same concerns about him -

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/337231/whats-the-baron-zemo-hype-about/p1

He's fine, fun at times but I'm confused why so over hyped. Kate absolutely destroys most content.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    Couldn’t agree more. Have both zemo and Kate at r3… after all the hype, I had intended on r4 zemo. But after a couple weeks of using them both it’s a no for me. Kate is getting the rank up for now.