**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Battlegrounds: What in the actual…

13»

Comments

• Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 551 ★★★
    yeah i have 7*s and 6* r4s and r5s and i matched with 3 people whose top champ is like a r2 6* back to back
  • SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    Another one of these posts smh
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,932 ★★★★★

Just got to platinum ii in BG and I’m facing monster after monster roster. Literally lost 12 matches IN A ROW. I haven’t won a single round. I’m a cavalier with 9088 champ prestige and I’m going up against rosters that look like they belong to seatin man of legends or the like. Serious what in the eff is going on with matchmaking?
    Case in point, this is what I’m seeing on average:

Good.

If you lose 12+ in a row then you don't deserve to be there. Just thank Kabam for gifting you undeserved rewards up to Plat 2.
  • StatureStature Posts: 427 ★★★

Stature said:

Apparently I’ve done quite a bit with the roster I currently have to get to platinum ii. I’m not using daddy’s credit card to whale out on this game. It’s taken me since 2017 (off and on, mostly off) to 3 months ago to get my first 6 star and I’m proud to say I’ve barely spent a dinner’s worth of $ on this game. But for fairness and logic’s sake, what is the point of facing a defender who is rated at 19k (who then multiples by 3x) when the best champ I have to attack is 13k.
    I’m scratching my head. There’s gotta be a better way to match fighters up

I'm "scratching my head" on why you think you deserve the same or better rewards than those "monster accounts" without having to face them
    He doesn't get the same or better rewards. For being in the same tier, the rewards he has access to in the store is lesser. Unless you believe that account is camping at Cav to get easy fights (and hoard tokens, while giving up other rewards in rest of the game) and that they can get to Paragon in a week whenever they choose to.
    Wrong.

The rewards are literally the same for everyone. That is a fact and can not be disputed.
    You are welcome to believe whatever makes you happy.

The current system is fine the way it is. It reasonably balances the needs of a diverse set of players.

People are where they are in BG by playing within the rules of the competition.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,083 ★★★★
    Seeing people always reference someone's total hero rating and prestige is a pretty tired excuse too.

I have >5,000,000 hero rating and >18,000 prestige, but those numbers don't necessarily matter in BGs, as you can only bring 30 champs.

As an exercise in boredom, I just added up to the total hero rating of my top 30 champs with my current mastery setup, and it's about 627,000.

Now consider the fact that in that top thirty, I have a slew of champs that aren't even in my deck, for example a 6*r4 sig 200 Silver Surfer and a 7*r1 Silver Surfer.

So as another pointless exercise, I added up the total hero rating of my current BG deck for week 4 of GC.....584,663.

Now at the end of the day, we only get to draft 7 champs. For the purposes of this argument, I'm going to take my top 7 champs, and that PI that some is actually fighting is only 160,132. That's assuming none of my top champs were banned, they all popped up for me in my draft, and praying that

1) My attackers are good counters for your defenders
    2) You don't have good counters for my defenders

Those are big assumptions that would likely never happen.

The point is, you guys that get all in a tizzy because you have a 1,500,000 hero rating and have to go up against someone with a 4 or 5 million rating really aren't making a great argument, cause the reality is, when it gets down to 7 on 7, those champs probably aren't that far off.

The reality of the problem is that you don't have the roster depth to compete, cause when I throw a 6*r4 Korg, 6*r3 Attuma, and 6*r3 Electro as defenders, you probably don't have enough counters to the unavoidable damage you're gonna take in every matchup.

Now circle back to the point all these "whale" accounts have been making to you, you need to expand your roster if you want to compete in BGs, or just accept the fact that you're going to max out somewhere in VT (seemingly in platinum if this season is any indication).
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    mgj0630 said:

Seeing people always reference someone's total hero rating and prestige is a pretty tired excuse too.

I have >5,000,000 hero rating and >18,000 prestige, but those numbers don't necessarily matter in BGs, as you can only bring 30 champs.

As an exercise in boredom, I just added up to the total hero rating of my top 30 champs with my current mastery setup, and it's about 627,000.

Now consider the fact that in that top thirty, I have a slew of champs that aren't even in my deck, for example a 6*r4 sig 200 Silver Surfer and a 7*r1 Silver Surfer.

So as another pointless exercise, I added up the total hero rating of my current BG deck for week 4 of GC.....584,663.

Now at the end of the day, we only get to draft 7 champs. For the purposes of this argument, I'm going to take my top 7 champs, and that PI that some is actually fighting is only 160,132. That's assuming none of my top champs were banned, they all popped up for me in my draft, and praying that

The point is, you guys that get all in a tizzy because you have a 1,500,000 hero rating and have to go up against someone with a 4 or 5 million rating really aren't making a great argument, cause the reality is, when it gets down to 7 on 7, those champs probably aren't that far off.

The reality of the problem is that you don't have the roster depth to compete, cause when I throw a 6*r4 Korg, 6*r3 Attuma, and 6*r3 Electro as defenders, you probably don't have enough counters to the unavoidable damage you're gonna take in every matchup.

Now circle back to the point all these "whale" accounts have been making to you, you need to expand your roster if you want to compete in BGs, or just accept the fact that you're going to max out somewhere in VT (seemingly in platinum if this season is any indication).

I really appreciate this post..
    There is this sense of denial from lower accounts, UC/Cav are not only in the 4th/3rd progression level, a lot don't have the experience playing vertain nodes, are limited to take all their champs regardless of the node, and some are not even level 60 which means no full masteries or even mastery investment.
    Saying I lost to whales as a UC/Cav is just not understanding where one is standing... Nevermind the fact that from that 4 mill+ rating.. probably around 2 mill are comming from useless 1-5* used solely to get points on level up events...
    1 example.. i got a r4 Apoc..and a 5* maxed apoc...to other players that's about 32k rating... Well I cant put both of them on my deck (nor would I) but in reality its only 17k....
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

*yawn* I don’t deserve, I should be this or that… you guys would’ve been great members of the Soviet communist party. Kabam Jax or Mike or whoever, pls pre emptively ban me so I don’t have to tell these incel virgins what I really feel about them

Sorry u don't like the answers you are given.
    Thanks for proving me right.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 502 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

You are definitely underselling the difference between a 5 mil account and a 1.5 mil account. You probably have 5 to 7 R4 champs out of the 7 champs that you draft and the other account has none. You make valid points but clearly understating the differences. Also agree roster makeup is huge as you pointed out but that is also why the they throw a “tizzy”.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,083 ★★★★

I've got the internet too.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Just got to platinum ii in BG and I’m facing monster after monster roster. Literally lost 12 matches IN A ROW. I haven’t won a single round. I’m a cavalier with 9088 champ prestige and I’m going up against rosters that look like they belong to seatin man of legends or the like. Serious what in the eff is going on with matchmaking?
    Case in point, this is what I’m seeing on average:

Good.

If you lose 12+ in a row then you don't deserve to be there. Just thank Kabam for gifting you undeserved rewards up to Plat 2.
    They deserve to be there just fine
This discussion has been closed.