**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG draft order question

I've had 19 consecutive fights where I had to draft first. I started keeping track when I hit D1. Is that normal? I've never ranked that high before so wasn't sure if that is an intentional thing?

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    My son has some sort of cognitive bias where he thinks tapping the accept match button before the other guy affects the draft order.

Try it and see.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

My son has some sort of cognitive bias where he thinks tapping the accept match button before the other guy affects the draft order.

Try it and see.

Ive always windered about this but something I did noticed in the latter part of VT this season (like plat and diamond) was that I was facing a lot more low TB or Cav accounts and whenever I seemed to do so I was always drafting second (which I think gives a bit of an advantage) yet when I faced the bigger accounts I tended to pick first. I'm wondering if its dependant on your level vs opponent. If you're higher/bigger you pick second if not you pick first.

Could be purely coincidental but I noticed that nonetheless
  • Options
    TrwblueTrwblue Posts: 5
    Haha, I'll have to try that and see. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    My experience seems more random than that for sure. I have no idea how it works.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    IMO, the higher prestige should be the one who picks second.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 502 ★★★

Why? I would think the opposite if it was determined on prestige.

I think it should be 100% random. I also think it is random.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    They'd better make it players pick defenders and attackers simultaneously and not available for the opponent to see till the timer expires.
    This will eliminate the disadvantage of picking first and the advantage of picking second.
    It will be nice to see this change implemented on a future season 🙂
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Hort4 said:

100% random wouldn't work either, you'll get some people picking first for 20 matches and others picking second for 14 matches ... what I think they should do is split it, so if player 1 is picking the first champ then player 2 places the first defender. As it stands atm if you pick first then you place first and in my experience it feels like a disadvantage to pick and place first and an advantage if you're picking and placing 2nd
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    I think It was dependant on prestige but i,m not really sure
  • Options
    Hort4 said:

Because the bigger account should get the advantage. Just like the #1 seed gets a home-field advantage. It doesn't guarantee a win but does give them a slight advantage.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 915 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

They'd better make it players pick defenders and attackers simultaneously and not available for the opponent to see till the timer expires.
    This will eliminate the disadvantage of picking first and the advantage of picking second.
    It will be nice to see this change implemented on a future season 🙂

Best idea so far
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 915 ★★★

Hort4 said:

Because the bigger account should get the advantage. Just like the #1 seed gets a home-field advantage. It doesn't guarantee a win but does give them a slight advantage.
    And clutter up the forums with even more matchmaking complaints? We have enough already
  • Options

Hort4 said:

And clutter up the forums with even more matchmaking complaints? We have enough already
    That's a terrible reason not to implement something. Look what happened when Kabam changed BGs because small accounts were crying about matchmaking.