Cheaters Rank #1

KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
anyone else finds this upsetting

an alliance known to have cheated in arena that the majority of players got temp bans can be eligible to rank 1 in battlegrounds

“free units” gained through cheating gave them the ability to buy elder marks to rank higher than anyone else but Kabam does nothing about it.

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Is this player one of the ones that got banned? If not, should they be punished in solo content for something others in their alliance did?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Is this player one of the ones that got banned? If not, should they be punished in solo content for something others in their alliance did?

Personally, if half the ally got banned at the same time then yeah I do think they should be punished for something others did. As they benefited from high aq and aw rewards that were obtained nefariously. Its not like they left the ally after the bans happened.
    What would that punishment look like?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★
    Keonex said:

an alliance known to have cheated in arena that the majority of players got temp bans can be eligible to rank 1 in battlegrounds

“free units” gained through cheating gave them the ability to buy elder marks to rank higher than anyone else but Kabam does nothing about it.

"known to have cheated"

"gave them the ability to buy elder marks"

I never believe anyone who doesn't show evidence or proof. If you have some, please provide.

The BG leaderboard will be reviewed over the next week, and players Kabam can prove cheated in BGs will get punished.

If they "cheated" in arena, then that might not change anything with the BG leaderboard. You said they were punished for cheating in arena, and if true I still do not see how that would prevent them from participating in BGs. How do you know every single elder mark, or any at all, were bought with units they gained from cheating elsewhere? There are other ways to get units. Maybe they used their ill gotten units on, I dunno, Paragon crystals.

I know cheating is a big problem in MCOC, and I am not saying otherwise. You could be 100 percent correct, but without evidence, it's just a theory.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 877 ★★★★

Keonex said:

I never believe anyone who doesn't show evidence or proof. If you have some, please provide.

Ignorance is not a virtue. You could have just looked at the leaderboards before the event went down...
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★

Keonex said:

"known to have cheated"

The BG leaderboard will be reviewed over the next week, and players Kabam can prove cheated in BGs will get punished.

If they "cheated" in arena, then that might not change anything with the BG leaderboard. You said they were punished for cheating in arena, and if true I still do not see how that would prevent them from participating in BGs. How do you know every single elder mark, or any at all, were bought with units they gained from cheating elsewhere? There are other ways to get units. Maybe they used their ill gotten units on, I dunno, Paragon crystals.

I know cheating is a big problem in MCOC, and I am not saying otherwise. You could be 100 percent correct, but without evidence, it's just a theory.
    It is especially up to Kabam to take care of the bans have simple players or create a kind of anti-cheating team to refer to Kabam
  • Nono_49Nono_49 Member Posts: 18
    Kurt has been kicked from JA too so no rec at all for him I believe
    He was kicked for matchmaking abuses and piloting it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

Keonex said:

"known to have cheated"

not a theory. they botted every champ for the last several years and raked in hundreds of thousands of units. their entire accounts are illegitimate, i don't know how a 7 day ban fixes anything.
    Not that I agree that it's fair, but I suspect you have to catch them specifically doing whatever it is they're being penalized for. Meaning you can't really take everything from their Account when they're being caught specifically for BGs.
    That's not an answer people may agree with, but it's one that makes sense to me. You need to start somewhere.
    The 7-day system is there for a reason. For some it's a deterrent. For others, it's just a matter of time until it's permanent.
    Again, I have no inside information. I'm just considering the possibility that these actions are specific to what they're caught for. It's easy for us to say if they cheated once, they don't deserve anything. It's not so easy to implement a system like that for punitive measures that's still fair. It depends on what the data shows. Not just what we assume they've done from cheating in other areas.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Actually when I think about it, it may be good overall because actions in BGs shed a light on things overall.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★

Keonex said:

"known to have cheated"

not a theory. they botted every champ for the last several years and raked in hundreds of thousands of units. their entire accounts are illegitimate, i don't know how a 7 day ban fixes anything.
    Agree that 7-day bans are lame.

Still don’t take your words as proof of botting or whatever. Why should I believe you? People say **** here all the time. Maybe you’re right, but without a way to check I lean toward skepticism.