**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

I’m just gonna say it, it gets harder harder to play this game each time there’s an “oopsie”

SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 61
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
I’ve been playing this game on and off for about 8 years now, so I have quite literally been here since the very beginning. There have been times where I just quit the game entirely due to the insane amount of bugs that were never fully addressed, war maps that were incredibly un-fun and nodes that would make most longtime players of this game have horrible flashbacks.
What’s crazy to me however, is that it seems this game just has more and more issues by the day.
-Input issues
-Laggy fights resulting in K.O’s
-Moderate to extreme frame rate loss/drop entirely
-Game crashing in the middle of important events, ie a BG match, war attack, AQ, etc..
-Now the cherry on top, that we may now have to wait an extra week; in order to actually get the rewards we worked towards in battlegrounds this past season.
I understand that mess-ups happen, and I also know firsthand how difficult coding can be; as I am a programmer of sorts myself but this is getting to be a bit much.
The art and champion design team are really the only reason I still play this game, and the friends I’ve made along the way in my current alliance.
Alas, maybe I’m the only one who feels this way and I’m just being too whiny. Who knows anymore honestly.
If you read this far, I hope you have a great rest of your day.

TL;DR- It gets harder and harder to want to continue to play this game each time a “mistake” happens.

Comments

• Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Been playing this game for 6 years now and I totally agree
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I’ve just finished exploring 8.2 and I’m considering whether I’ll do 8.3.
    I play on an iPhone XS Max, which is now over 5 years old and many times the screen freezes just to transition into me eating a special to the face.
    Opponents will chain lights at a speed I can’t possibly dash back. Heavies will pop out of nowhere, light and special intercepts, etc.
    I’m not big into BGs so I can’t comment on that.
    I’ve been sticking around in the hopes that Kabam improves the situation at some point.
  • Options
    SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 61

No one forces anyone to play this game.

Yes, you’re right. But it’s not as easy for me to just drop this game. I love this game and what it’s about, as well as the characters and some of them team behind it. However everything has its drawbacks, and it’s starting to seem like the drawbacks for this game greatly outweigh the positives.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Wait, the just git gud comment should be popping up any moment 🙄
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

TL;DR- It gets harder and harder to want to continue to play this game each time a “mistake” happens.

2 separate issues:

1) if you're 8 years in you're likely doing the "difficult" content. Since even "difficult" content can be done by certain somnambulists, by design you need to be punished for slip-ups. There's level 2/conquerer for those who don't want to be punished.
    2) from the start this has been a space-hogging, memory-monopolizing and now bandwidth-throttling app that assumes your device now has a minimum of 8gb ram, soon to be 16bg, to play "optimally". If you don't keep up with that, there's nothing than can be done except embrace the poor gameplay experience.

These are the parameters of continuing to play. You make your choice. Good luck.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 187 ★★

Seyuoh said:

2 separate issues:

1) if you're 8 years in you're likely doing the "difficult" content. Since even "difficult" content can be done by certain somnambulists, by design you need to be punished for slip-ups. There's level 2/conquerer for those who don't want to be punished.
    2) from the start this has been a space-hogging, memory-monopolizing and now bandwidth-throttling app that assumes your device now has a minimum of 8gb ram, soon to be 16bg, to play "optimally". If you don't keep up with that, there's nothing than can be done except embrace the poor gameplay experience.

These are the parameters of continuing to play. You make your choice. Good luck.

🤦🏻‍♂️ OP made no reference to the difficulty he plays or the performance of his device. He’s clearly talking about the bugs in the game itself.

Just some recent examples off the top of my head:
    Aq- over tuned 7* defenders in higher maps (kabam acknowledged)
    Cassie- taunt bugged (kabam acknowledged)
    Fantman- not working as intended (kabam acknowledged)
    War- bugged prowess defense tactic (kabam acknowledged)
    Bgs- lag and disconnects during matches (kabam acknowledged)
    Bgs- rewards can’t be claimed for some gc levels (kabam acknowledged)

These things happen, but usually not as consistently as in mcoc. Plenty of us really enjoy this game and understand exactly where OP is coming from. It’d just be nice to see the bugs become less common.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★
    Completely agree.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★

Wait, the just git gud comment should be popping up any moment 🙄

Just git gud 🤷🏼‍♂️ I did it 5 years ago and haven’t had any problems since then.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Csutton said:

Seyuoh said:

2 separate issues:

🤦🏻‍♂️ OP made no reference to the difficulty he plays or the performance of his device. He’s clearly talking about the bugs in the game itself.

Just some recent examples off the top of my head:
    Aq- over tuned 7* defenders in higher maps (kabam acknowledged)
    Cassie- taunt bugged (kabam acknowledged)
    Fantman- not working as intended (kabam acknowledged)
    War- bugged prowess defense tactic (kabam acknowledged)
    Bgs- lag and disconnects during matches (kabam acknowledged)
    Bgs- rewards can’t be claimed for some gc levels (kabam acknowledged)

These things happen, but usually not as consistently as in mcoc. Plenty of us really enjoy this game and understand exactly where OP is coming from. It’d just be nice to see the bugs become less common.
    Definitely a solid point. People always try to bring up skill level when they are in the forums. The BG bugs where I’m winning a round and get kicked to then return and lose the whole matchup is beginning to piss me off. Those are lost rewards and time you waste. I don’t play the game nearly as much as I used to do to work and my real life commitments but when I do play I would like for the game to work. As folks have said this game has become harder and harder to play but as others have said it’s hard to drop it after 7 years because of your childhood memories it brings back, the time you’ve put in, the money and relationships you have built throughout the years.