Options

Benefit to online store vs in-game?

Other than additional units or extra items if you buy from both the game and the online store, is there any benefit to buying from the Online store? At least in relation to the current sales?

The items appear to be the same online as in-game so I guess maybe it comes down to if the exchange rate is better for those not buying in the US?

I want to make sure I'm not missing something prior to making any purchases.

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    There is not additional benefit. You get an extra 10% units and there’s a possibility for some that it could be cheaper in game. However, if you have iPhone it may not be that much better. Apple doesn’t charge tax, but this store does. So I may get 10% more units, but where I live I will pay over 6.5% more because of tax, so the trade off isn’t significant.
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★

Other than additional units or extra items if you buy from both the game and the online store, is there any benefit to buying from the Online store? At least in relation to the current sales?

The items appear to be the same online as in-game so I guess maybe it comes down to if the exchange rate is better for those not buying in the US?

I want to make sure I'm not missing something prior to making any purchases.

Main benefits of using web store is cheaper price of deals.

Odin from web store is 15% cheaper for me in comparison to buying from in-game store.

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,446 ★★★★★

There is not additional benefit. You get an extra 10% units and there’s a possibility for some that it could be cheaper in game. However, if you have iPhone it may not be that much better. Apple doesn’t charge tax, but this store does. So I may get 10% more units, but where I live I will pay over 6.5% more because of tax, so the trade off isn’t significant.

Apple absolutely charges tax, unless you live in an area that is tax free.
  • Options
    LostCrestLostCrest Posts: 105

That’s odd, I get tax from apple when I do in game purchases and I don’t think I saw tax from the online store. Could just not see it just yet. The online store has the increase in units but also their daily deals are a bit different than in store. The paragon ones give you a paragon crystal.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The benefits are:

1) One extra bundle if you re a whale.
    2) More units.
    3) Beneficial exchange rate if your currency is not US dollars.
    4) The prices are the "old ones", the ones before Google Play and IOS changed them. For an Odin, I pay 87 euros in store, 99 dollars that is, in game I pay 114.50 euros.