Idea for Bgs

JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Member Posts: 155 ★★★
Now, I'm a casual spender, buy 3-4 daily paragon deals a week, spend about £120 every time there's an event like the baubles or July 4th.. by my lord, I can't compete in bgs now, I've always done well, got top 5000 in the leaderboards and got into gladiator circuit first week. But this weekend, its an absolute joke, whole rows of r5s and not 1 champ under 20k pi.. I play flawlessly with hard counters and I'm losing because someone's got the r5s.. any one can spend their money how they like And good luck to them.. but, Bgs is supposed to be competitive, and quite frankly its not.. give seatin (the ledgend) as an example, hasn't played his whale account for a long time, but after this weekend of spending, he now has a roster that would smash most accounts, simply based on its size..

My idea, is add a PI limit for your deck, if you have a row of r5s, means you have to build your deck more tactically, bring it back to being abit more fair again..

I'm completing all my fights in good time with anywhere between 90-95% and I'm losing all the time now becausetheyre doing it alot faster, even with this new meta.
And I'm simply thinking what is the point in spending at all, if even dropping £100 isn't putting a dent into it what others are spending

Comments

• DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    It’s inevitable in a competitive game mode you’re going to face people with stronger rosters than you.
  • JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Member Posts: 155 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    DUHveed said:

It’s inevitable in a competitive game mode you’re going to face people with stronger rosters than you.

I really believe that putting a pi limit on will make it a genuine competitive game, at least in victory track. Then have a balance

I mean when I use to compete, and fight on a high level (taekwondo, former nationals gold medalist), you'd have weigh ins, and things in place to make it fair, you wouldn't put a heavy weight against light weights. And you would have classes, so coloured belts wouldn't fight black belts, however a newly become black belt could face an experienced 4th Dan, which you could translate that to gladiator circuit

This is a fighting game and this is battlegrounds, and should reflect skill based playing at least..
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

DUHveed said:

I really believe that putting a pi limit on will make it a genuine competitive game, at least in victory track. Then have a balance

I mean when I use to compete, and fight on a high level (taekwondo, former nationals gold medalist), you'd have weigh ins, and things in place to make it fair, you wouldn't put a heavy weight against light weights. And you would have classes, so coloured belts wouldn't fight black belts, however a newly become black belt could face an experienced 4th Dan, which you could translate that to gladiator circuit

This is a fighting game and this is battlegrounds, and should reflect skill based playing at least..
    Your assuming Kabam cares more about having a "genuine competitive game mode" more than making profits. Doing such a thing would actually be counterproductive for this as it could actually discourage spending and therefore hurt their overall bottom line.

DUHveed said:

Your assuming Kabam cares more about having a "genuine competitive game mode" more than making profits. Doing such a thing would actually be counterproductive for this as it could actually discourage spending and therefore hurt their overall bottom line.
    I agree to some extent, that's why I say for victory track only add the pi cap.. but as a casual spender, this has discouraged me to spend, as no its clear, I'll never have that kind of money to burn on a game. I like the whales, I'm all for them spending, ide like to think it goes back into the game.. but let them battle it out in celestial, the rewards up there are what their after.. I do think kabam care about the moderate spenders too, and this would make us happier than facing impossible opponents all the time.. rather than bash it, I'm trying to help find a happy solution
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    Unfortunately this won't happen as @Chatterofforums said they need to find a way to monetize BG and if they implement your system it won't reward the whales to keep spending. If Kabam truly wants it to be competitive based on skill then they can provide every summoner with the exact same deck but that's never going to happen. To keep the game add free I accept the fact that the whales will be miles ahead of me in every game mode but I'm ok with it since I play other games and hate watching a 30 second video after every minute of play. I can't imagine playing MCOC that way, it would add 50% more time to the game which I'm not OK with.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

DUHveed said:

Well, every other game does. Or at least pretends.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Bear in mind that this is like 2 days after the offers. 15-20 R5s compared your (I’m guessing based off what you said) 3-5 R5s feels really bad that’s like 5 times as many as you could have.

But from content, BGs and store updates in the next 6 months it will balance out to where you have say 10-12 R5s, and the whales have 30 in their deck. Which isn’t 5 times as many anymore

I get that it feels bad, I really do but there absolutely needs to be a benefit to spending or there just won’t be a game anymore. And if you stop people using the R5s they buy, they stop buying R5s

Bear in mind that this is like 2 days after the offers. 15-20 R5s compared your (I’m guessing based off what you said) 3-5 R5s feels really bad that’s like 5 times as many as you could have.

But from content, BGs and store updates in the next 6 months it will balance out to where you have say 10-12 R5s, and the whales have 30 in their deck. Which isn’t 5 times as many anymore

I get that it feels bad, I really do but there absolutely needs to be a benefit to spending or there just won’t be a game anymore. And if you stop people using the R5s they buy, they stop buying R5s

In the next 6 months we ll have cyber weekend.
    Searmenis said:

Yep, and that’s the cycle of the game and always has been. It’s what you sign up to and accept when you play and try and push the top

You either accept it and do your best, knowing that you don’t need to be at the top to enjoy the game in your own way, or you spend/grind to keep up.

Everyone always says that “this is the one that makes it too much to keep up, this is finally the end” but we’ve had 8 years of it now, and it’s still not too much. I doubt this is the one that pushed it over the edge.

Searmenis said:

Yep, and that’s the cycle of the game and always has been. It’s what you sign up to and accept when you play and try and push the top

You either accept it and do your best, knowing that you don’t need to be at the top to enjoy the game in your own way, or you spend/grind to keep up.

Everyone always says that “this is the one that makes it too much to keep up, this is finally the end” but we’ve had 8 years of it now, and it’s still not too much. I doubt this is the one that pushed it over the edge.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love the game still, I ain't quitting any time soon. I just put forward an idea that makes it genuinely competitive, with skill, and ability to put a good roster together, and bans etc, rather than a willy waving contest of massive accounts.. there's no skill in buying your roster.. and I feel like a cap may do this, then the whales can waver their Willie's all over us in gladiator circuit.. that will satisfy them and everyone else..

Searmenis said:

This time is not the same. The sales are too big to manage closing the gap a little until the next ones, and every next one becomes even bigger, there s no point competing anymore like a few years back or even last year. There no point either to keep buying a few stuff here and there if not everything now.

This was very, very dissapointing, especially since, with the bugs along, BGs are unplayable. And BGs are the ONLY game mode for a paragon that doesn't feel like a cavalier level, in rewards and store.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

This time is not the same. The sales are too big to manage closing the gap a little until the next ones, and every next one becomes even bigger, there s no point competing anymore like a few years back or even last year. There no point either to keep buying a few stuff here and there if not everything now.

This was very, very dissapointing, especially since, with the bugs along, BGs are unplayable. And BGs are the ONLY game mode for a paragon that doesn't feel like a cavalier level, in rewards and store.
    I understand the point you and the others are making. I think the deals this time are a little on the OP side but I also understand how the game works and I’m ok with it.

A lot of people are saying ‘I can’t compete now’, like they were used to placing in celestial every season, which isn’t the case. If you usually place in the above average tiers in the GC, I don’t think the deals this weekend will have changed that.
    FiiNCH said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

I understand the point you and the others are making. I think the deals this time are a little on the OP side but I also understand how the game works and I’m ok with it.

A lot of people are saying ‘I can’t compete now’, like they were used to placing in celestial every season, which isn’t the case. If you usually place in the above average tiers in the GC, I don’t think the deals this weekend will have changed that.
    I wasn't in celestial last time, it was the one between quantum and gamma.. so fairly high, and I absolutely believe these deals will change that.. like I said, I was facing lads from 4loki and other top teir allies, and winning some. But now, those accounts without a doubt, buy their advantage, I won't be able to keep up, and that the only reason being, ide rather spend that kind of cash on my kids..
    So where's the competitiveness that bgs is suppose to be? I do spend, I'm a moderate spender too, and again, got no issues with whales.. I just thought bgs was meant to be abit fairer than what this event has created
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

I wasn't in celestial last time, it was the one between quantum and gamma.. so fairly high, and I absolutely believe these deals will change that.. like I said, I was facing lads from 4loki and other top teir allies, and winning some. But now, those accounts without a doubt, buy their advantage, I won't be able to keep up, and that the only reason being, ide rather spend that kind of cash on my kids..
    So where's the competitiveness that bgs is suppose to be? I do spend, I'm a moderate spender too, and again, got no issues with whales.. I just thought bgs was meant to be abit fairer than what this event has created
    Look I don’t mean this to be condescending at all, but where you’re placing isn’t that high in the GC. I think you’re being irrationally reactionary based on the deals you’ve seen.

You’re jumping straight to ‘I can’t compete’ without letting this season even play out, and there’s a long way to go.
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Look I don’t mean this to be condescending at all, but where you’re placing isn’t that high in the GC. I think you’re being irrationally reactionary based on the deals you’ve seen.

You’re jumping straight to ‘I can’t compete’ without letting this season even play out, and there’s a long way to go.
    It's not based on seeing the deals, I bought some, was able to r4, 4 champs as a result.. I'm basing it on, prior this weekend, I felt like it was even, I was winning a few loosing a couple, making adjustments winning more etc, then now, every deck when I'm going through bans, is just ridiculously high, multiple r2 7s and loads of r5s.. 2 before celestial, is higher than average being that I'm not a whale..
    I'm even now, playing well, really well, it's literally losing because their attackers are r5s and mine are 4 or 3, that's it..
    No, I wasn't in GC in any season, Diamond or Gold most of the times. My parry doesn't work and I experience screen freezes constantly especially in BGs, to be able to go much further.
    Stuck in Silver now.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

This time is not the same.
    Doesn't this kinda prove my point though? Each year we have the debate that it's definitely this one that went too far. We will have it next time as well, where that one is finally the one that went too far.
  • Hulverine_1Hulverine_1 Member Posts: 75
    Did you copy & paste this just so ppl would see it? I scrolled down on forums and saw that you said the exact same thing lol

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

This time is not the same.
    Doesn't this kinda prove my point though? Each year we have the debate that it's definitely this one that went too far. We will have it next time as well, where that one is finally the one that went too far.
    This IS that time, it won't balance out until Cyber weekend.

Did you copy & paste this just so ppl would see it? I scrolled down on forums and saw that you said the exact same thing lol

Nah, I wasn't sure if I posted it so posted it again, turns out I did
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,376 ★★★★★
    Add more r5 and r2 mats in map 8 AQ
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Not happening. They’re greedy for money.