Really struggling with an R2/R5 rank up decision. Would you rank up 7* Domino even unawakened?

OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
I’m really struggling to decide who to rank up from a Mutant standpoint.

I’ve been very fortunate with my 7* pulls - far better than my initial 6* and 5* pulls. Probably my weakest pull was today (Spider Gwen) and she is far from bad - hits hard, easy slow, good synergies to extend her usefulness with Peni. Gambit isn’t slapping quite as hard since his relic nerf, but still is a solidly good champ. All the rest of my pulls I feel like are top notch.

I’ll admit I was hoping to dup my Domino or pull a Hulk today - in which case I would R2 that pull.

Since this didn’t happen, I’m now debating whether to rank up Domino - even unawakened - or Apoc. I’m leaning towards Apoc since I don’t think we are going to see him in the 7* pool any time soon and I probably use him the most of my mutants. That said, I really have been having fun with my 7* Domino which is why it would have been a no brainer to rank her up if awakened given she would be a solid BG defender in addition to what she can already do as an attacker.

What do you all think? Would you R2 your unawakened Domino ahead of R5’ng your 6* Apoc?

Really struggling with an R2/R5 rank up decision. Would you rank up 7* Domino even unawakened? 68 votes

R5 6* Apoc (awakened - not that it really matters)
32%
Crys23SnizzbarphillgreenQuikPikPrentexdangarang122Thoye3IamFlashJLAzenstarXamloMackeyCyrillFromTulaLBN1willrun4adonutI_tell_no_tales_1JustAGuyTnkeesmanSunxhaloJoSpidey_10Jarvisrei 22 votes
R2 7* Domino even though she is unawakened
45%
GroundedWisdomSligBpn88855AzizDoom_and_GloomrockykostonMadhanHiphopCamby01dzikidzikGreekhitLegionnaireGogiKeniutekBen_15455houndogακι6HAVOC6INC_6GoldenDadspidyjedi84MrSakuragiUltragamer 31 votes
R2 one of your other 7*s - you are sleeping on X (please specify)
22%
OwGssCassyrcm2017JMORG1111_Sham_Normax_XDart1981HungaryHippoIronman3000__SF__PikokLickyKnightOfTheRealmWindows10coolspiderman17_ 15 votes

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,937 ★★★★★
    No regrets with my r2 Domino.
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Dragon man or Titania. Very strong champs and will benefit you greatly at r2. You don’t even have to r2 anyone if you don’t want to though. You can wait till you dupe domino. I wouldn’t rank her unawakened though.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★

Thanks everyone for the input so far.

@MrSakuragi where are you finding her most useful? Obviously she is great in BG, but where else are you using her the most?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,937 ★★★★★

Thanks everyone for the input so far.

@MrSakuragi where are you finding her most useful? Obviously she is great in BG, but where else are you using her the most?
    BG for now, she’s been an automatic win when not banned. I’ll use her on AW defense when it’s back on as well. Haven’t used her in any quests as of yet.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Lets be honest, a 7* domino isn’t as useful on offense as a 7* sunspot or bishop in BG’s.

Not only do I imagine her to be slower, but the whole essence of domino comes from the sig 200 on defense. If you r2 her, then you miss out on the deaths the s200 6* can get you

From those Venom or Gamora are the right choice, theyre cosmic nukes. Venom has more utility
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    The only Dominos I lose to in BG's are duped.

A R5 apocolypse would be a monster.

• MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    R2 domino would only really be for attack, on defence unduped she's an easy win IMO, it's her sig that makes her annoying.

A r5 Apoc on the other hand would sit firmly in both offense and defence and, as you say, he won't be in the 7* pool for a long time
    I’m still torn on this one so going to hold off on pulling the trigger on either. Have the mats ready but after today’s big level up nothing is sitting in overflow so no rush. Maybe I’ll get lucky and dup Domino or pull Bishop in the coming weeks.

That said, thanks for all the input and thoughts everyone.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I’m still torn on this one so going to hold off on pulling the trigger on either. Have the mats ready but after today’s big level up nothing is sitting in overflow so no rush. Maybe I’ll get lucky and dup Domino or pull Bishop in the coming weeks.

You and me both brother. I have that blue arrow on my seven* unduped domino as well. It just keeps sitting there, as I wait for her time to come. God knows I’ll land on sunspot or something first, and it never will!
    Lovejoy72 said:

You and me both brother. I have that blue arrow on my seven* unduped domino as well. It just keeps sitting there, as I wait for her time to come. God knows I’ll land on sunspot or something first, and it never will!
    Wishing us both luck then.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Member Posts: 552 ★★★
    titania plis
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Member Posts: 178 ★★
    Venom is being slept on. Easy bleed, armor break, buffs, nullify. Minor healing. Ease of use.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    I’m in a similar position. Apocalypse, Bishop and Domino… 6* r4 all awakened. I’m not sure which one to take to r5. It’s the actual definition of a good problem 😊
  • The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Member Posts: 114
    I love domino and venom. I’d r2 both them before I r5 Apoc. He amazing and all but just not as good as domino or venom. Venom is just one of my favorite champs to so that’s why I’d do him.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Member Posts: 598 ★★★
    Gamora...checkout buddylee video on 7* gamora wrecking battlegrounds matches
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    He isn't going to be a 7* anytime soon(like you said)

Or

R2 Titania (I think it was Lagacy's video, she has the second highest 7* healthpool...)

Or

Rank the champion you love playing and plan to use daily
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Titania

Wait to R2 Domino once she's awakened.