**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

FTP or NOT, Whaling or NOT

@RichTheMan has been doing a series of videos on the impact of the current Fun in Sun promotion and its impact on FTP.

So I though I would give you 2 stories, my 2 accounts. One is free to play(ish) (only bough the initial bundle during Deadpool event). I wanted to know how fast I could bring it to Cavalier (took 2,5 months). And it's now Thronebraker.

With this account I can do monthly event without many problems (lvl5 when permitted by Kabam), I haven't touch act 7 yet. Yes, I do BG with it. I can typically progress to Gold/Platinum, and I can do it more easily then with my main account. I would even say I find it more enjoyable as I'm not always facing the same top defenders in the game. And I can do AQ Map 6 my eyes closed with it. I have over 80K trophy token I don't really use as I'm chasing gold for my rank up (I don't do arena on this account). We are RETIRED group, so no AW for us.

Now my main account (7, 8 years now??), I would say it's a whale-ish account, meening, I do spend on the game with it, but I try to be "smart" about it. I never go all in. Yes, I have the Sigil, but @RichTheMan don't worry, it's not as big of an advantage in arena for me. I do the milestones and then move on. I never go for the top spots; I can't invest the time and I can wait for the next feature to get the new champs.

Almost 5.5M base rating, I have all the champs in the base pool and typically only open feature 6*. I have a decent prestige (which I would prefer not to have because of BG match up), 1 R2 7*, 5 6* R5 and plenty of R4s.

As you can see, I do grind the game.

Now does it give me an advantage? Not in BG

As I said to one my long friend in the game, I'm in Paragon hell until Platinum/Diamond. I'm now facing accounts with multiple R2 7*, accounts that have 10-15 R5, all new the champs (Dani, Zemo, etc.…) and you can't ban them all. I'm not saying this, so you feel sorry for me, it is what it is. But @RichTheMan everybody is being affected by this Fun in the Sun event, mid-spender like me even more so than FTP or Lower account.

My POV, I enjoyed playing BG with my baby account more than I do with my main. With my main, it's just a F...ing grind where I get penalized every time I rank up a champ, where I always face the same top defender and pray/hope Kabam will not f....k me over with the draw. Because, with BG, 50% is the draw, 25% is the match up and 25% is skills. MCOC true to itself, RNG all the way.

Comments

• Options
    Buzerk1969Buzerk1969 Posts: 48
    And to further prove my point, yesterday, as soon as I hit Platinum 2. These are the match up I got. Account with 1 6*, a few r3, r4 5*.

I almost felt sorry for those players but I remember I was getting out of Paragon hell.