**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Highest prestige in the world !! Will the race ever end ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion

Just insane . 22k prestige . Will this prestige race ever end ?

I marked up the name and alliance name to avoid any issues here but some people are already aware.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    The "Prestige Race" is manufactured by the Players. You're going to see the ceiling raise from time to time. That's a result of more Rarities and Ranks being introduced.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,070 ★★★★★
    The literal only way to stop the increasing prestige will he for the game to shut down servers.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★
    what exactly does the "prestige race" do? lol
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

Determines who gets first place in AQ.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    And they say cheaters never prosper…

Tough for me to take new milestones like this seriously.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,070 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Deacon said:

Who cares anymore?
    Prestige is mainly for flexing reasons now , since AQ due to rewards has become completely irrelevant.
    I can’t believe these people throw thousands of $ to raise Prestige in order to place first in AQ anymore, it doesn’t make sense.
    They throw these money to raise Prestige , just to be above all others and be on top.
    Yes aq sucks in general in every way including how small the rewards are compared to aw and bgs. But remember, every little bit counts and it all adds up.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

The "Prestige Race" is manufactured by the Players. You're going to see the ceiling raise from time to time. That's a result of more Rarities and Ranks being introduced.

By the players? Are you for real?
    Yeah I mean prestige has nothing to do with points in AQ 🙄🙄🙄. Some people
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Deacon said:

Who cares anymore?
    Prestige is mainly for flexing reasons now , since AQ due to rewards has become completely irrelevant.
    I can’t believe these people throw thousands of $ to raise Prestige in order to place first in AQ anymore, it doesn’t make sense.
    They throw these money to raise Prestige , just to be above all others and be on top.
    Obviously the alliances that compete for Rank 1 in AQ care. Kabam isn't going to get rid of the prestige aspect of that, so until something else changes, those who want to be on top care.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    The only part of AQ rewards that have gotten a recent bump were the top 99 (or something like that) a few months ago. The prestige race certainly impacts the players in those allies. I would refer to it as nominal in import to everyone else.
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    Prestige was an internal metric. There was even a time where they didn't display it. It was the Players that decided to maximize it and chase after it. It was the Players who also decided to set rules in Alliances for Prestige-only Rank-Ups. That wasn't the design of Kabam. This whole chase for Prestige was Player-made.
  • Options
    *For the record, that's not a judgment either way. Players will do what Players will do. It's more a point of fact.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    Prestige was an internal metric. There was even a time where they didn't display it. It was the Players that decided to maximize it and chase after it. It was the Players who also decided to set rules in Alliances for Prestige-only Rank-Ups. That wasn't the design of Kabam. This whole chase for Prestige was Player-made.
    Did players create the metric?
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Deacon said:

Who cares anymore?
    Whether you like AQ or not, those players care. Why else would they push it if not to keep their place at the top?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Lpoo said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    No, but that's like saying the people who designed the Tickle Me Elmo doll designed the stores being stampeded.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,203 ★★★★
    That is the very reason for prestige Furry, and has been from the introduction of "Prestige," Money.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Deacon said:

Who cares anymore?
    They are betting Kabam improves AQ rewards to a tier level with or above BGs (as the store is long overdue an update). We will find out on Friday...
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    Yeah I guess you are right. It's the players fault that they wanna play the game. It's their fault that they wanna go for the top rewards (which is like the endgoal of this game). I really wonder, do you even think before you say these things?
    Arguing with you is just pointless. Like arguing with some other people on this forum.
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    Yeah I guess you are right. It's the players fault that they wanna play the game. It's their fault that they wanna go for the top rewards (which is like the endgoal of this game). I really wonder, do you even think before you say these things?
    Arguing with you is just pointless. Like arguing with some other people on this forum.
    This argument is one you're having with yourself, I'm afraid. I didn't say anything about fault. I didn't even say it was a bad thing or a good thing. I said the Prestige Race was devised by Players.
  • Options

Lpoo said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    No, but that's like saying the people who designed the Tickle Me Elmo doll designed the stores being stampeded.
    That's exactly what they designed tickle me elmo for to hopefully be a top selling toy. That's exactly what kabam used prestige for to make new champs more desirable when aq was the top game mode for a while there every new champ was higher prestige that was by design to get top allys to buy up crystals.
  • Options
    DL864 said:

Lpoo said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    That's exactly what they designed tickle me elmo for to hopefully be a top selling toy. That's exactly what kabam used prestige for to make new champs more desirable when aq was the top game mode for a while there every new champ was higher prestige that was by design to get top allys to buy up crystals.
    Actually, that's not what they designed Prestige for. If you'll notice, it was the most random Champs that had high Prestige back in the day. If they were high in Prestige, they weren't Top Tier. In fact, for the longest time, they turned down requests to display Prestige because they didn't want to further encourage the Prestige Race. Eventually they offered people what they wanted because it was requested so long. At no point ever did Kabam encourage Players to Rank for Prestige alone.
  • Options

DL864 said:

Lpoo said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    Actually, that's not what they designed Prestige for. If you'll notice, it was the most random Champs that had high Prestige back in the day. If they were high in Prestige, they weren't Top Tier. In fact, for the longest time, they turned down requests to display Prestige because they didn't want to further encourage the Prestige Race. Eventually they offered people what they wanted because it was requested so long. At no point ever did Kabam encourage Players to Rank for Prestige alone.
    They created prestige as a metric so intentional or not they created the prestige race. The players figured out the scoring and from there it was a wrap.
  • Options
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

Lpoo said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Yes, I'm for real.
    They created prestige as a metric so intentional or not they created the prestige race. The players figured out the scoring and from there it was a wrap.
    They created Prestige. Where Players took it was not their creation. We will have to disagree.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★

The only time the race will end is when the game ends. Hopefully it goes on forever.

By the looks of it , it will.
  • Options
    Rohit_316 said:

The only time the race will end is when the game ends. Hopefully it goes on forever.

By the looks of it , it will.
    As long as it's a metric that correlates with Rewards like AQ, the push will be there.