**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Korg Vs Attuma; magnetos thorns damage

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
Can anyone explain, from the character descriptions in game, why the magnetos don't take thorns damage from korg, but do take damage from Attuma?

I've R4 sig 200 namor, so not bothered about fighting Attuma, it's more questioning what in the descriptions makes the two magnetos immune to korg, but not Attuma.

(Both korg and Attuma use the term "contact" when describing attacks that will take thorns damage)

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    Energy damage and non contact are two different things
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Korg says contact physical. Attuma just contact
  • Options
    Ah, yes, later in korgs it says energy doesn't activate it. Missed that!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★
    Yeah, there are a lot fewer counters for Attuma - your Omega Red will do fine, too, mate - it needs to be someone who specifically negates contact damage like OR, Namor, Gambit, Stryfe, DDHK or someone with plenty of non-contact attacks like Ebony Maw or Shuri.
  • Options
    Thanks @Magrailothos I've most of them leveled up :-)

Also have 6* Attuma, awakening gem and a lot of sigs, but not sure if I should take him up, or focus on Kate/xbones/moleman/monkey, to go with korg, kingpin and Shang chi at R4...
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★
    Well, I've got Attuma Awakened Sig 60 for defense at r3, mate, if that helps 😉

I wouldn't think Attuma will do as well for you as your r4 Korg does - Attuma can't shrug off your DE/LC debuffs, and has that lowered base regen rate. I'd expect him to be a lot less friendly towards your Recoil Masteries than Korg is.
  • Options
    Yes, was wondering if at high enough sig, his bleed resistance, coupled to increased regen rate from hydration, would allow him to heal from double edge. Don't have him as a 3* to test.

Will have a look online for vids!
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 723 ★★★★

Well, I've got Attuma Awakened Sig 60 for defense at r3, mate, if that helps 😉

I wouldn't think Attuma will do as well for you as your r4 Korg does - Attuma can't shrug off your DE/LC debuffs, and has that lowered base regen rate. I'd expect him to be a lot less friendly towards your Recoil Masteries than Korg is.

Offensively Attuma isn't suicide friendly, but defensively he still gets me plenty of wins in BG. Surprisingly though, my Korg gets banned almost every time, but not as many ban Attuma. Just something to keep in mind.