Self-synergies in Battlegrounds

I was putting a deck together for this most recent battlegrounds season (unstoppable nodes) and added Yellowjacket to my team. I know he has access to slow and I figured he would be an excellent dual use champion for this season. Come to find out his slow is actually part of a synergy that he has with himself. And because synergies don’t work in BGs, Yellowjacket doesn’t have access to his slow. I understand the importance of keeping synergies out of battlegrounds (and AW defense, etc.), but I also think it’s kind of a shame considering Yellowjacket would have access to the slow in any other game mode even without any other characters on the team. Haven’t looked into it at all, but I know there are other champs with self-synergies out there who might be losing access to potentially important utility/damage in battlegrounds. Thoughts?

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    I think this is 100% intentional and that's why the abilities aren't included inside of their kits
  • kakuzurikakuzuri Member Posts: 2
    ahmynuts said:

I think this is 100% intentional and that's why the abilities aren't included inside of their kits

I don’t know, that just doesn’t make any sense to me, BGs is the only game mode where you would not have access to that ability. And the Yellowjacket buff was in early 2021, while BGs was released late 2022. What else could they have wanted to gatekeep that ability for?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,862 ★★★★★
    Gate-keeping these abilities means that self-synergies also don't work on defense, either in War, or in quests.

I agree, it's probably an unnecessary barrier for YJ; and it's a shame to lose that ability for BGs.