**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG Matchmaking

I don’t like to rant usually but BG matchmaking has just been the worst. 3 consecutive games I’ve gone up against players with 7* R2s and a 6* r5s across their entire roster and I haven’t got a single 6* r4 yet.. I’ve got 4 rank 3 champs and that’s it… how can I even compete..?

Comments

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    Sounds like you’ve hit the “Platinum Stonewall” you and a myriad of other Cav and TB have posted about on here countless times. The matchmaking training wheels (for lack of better terms) come off once you hit Platinum, and you can match with anyone that’s currently in that tier. I have 2 suggestions: 1. Still try to fight as you might come up against someone whose roster doesn’t match the skill level, or 2. Take the resources you’ve gotten climbing the ladder and take the time to complete content and build up your roster.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I totally agree with the sentiment that people shouldn’t expect to keep advancing all season. You’re going to hit a cap where you can’t compete with your current skill/roster combination.

I do think this current system sets people up to hit a peak and then be stuck losing a lot and if that happens before the end of the season it just leads to frustrated players. The lack of being able to lose your way back down to the level you’re at a 50/50 win rate and the fact that everyone starts at the bottom and not everyone starts playing at the same time seem to combine to make these kind of threads fairly common and if the forum users are only a small fraction of the player base that means there are a lot of frustrated players.

Add on the tanking for easy milestone point problem and it’s even worse right now.

I saw something about not starting everyone at the bottom next season. Hopefully that helps with some of this but if they still start big rosters in the tiers where you can’t fall back and they don’t all start playing at the beginning of the season it might be more of the same.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I totally agree with the sentiment that people shouldn’t expect to keep advancing all season. You’re going to hit a cap where you can’t compete with your current skill/roster combination.

I do think this current system sets people up to hit a peak and then be stuck losing a lot and if that happens before the end of the season it just leads to frustrated players. The lack of being able to lose your way back down to the level you’re at a 50/50 win rate and the fact that everyone starts at the bottom and not everyone starts playing at the same time seem to combine to make these kind of threads fairly common and if the forum users are only a small fraction of the player base that means there are a lot of frustrated players.

Add on the tanking for easy milestone point problem and it’s even worse right now.

I saw something about not starting everyone at the bottom next season. Hopefully that helps with some of this but if they still start big rosters in the tiers where you can’t fall back and they don’t all start playing at the beginning of the season it might be more of the same.

The game forces a peak while allowing some rewards in a so called competition..
    That peak should be acknowledged from the beginning.. if they are Conq/UC/Cav people should be conscious that they don't belong in the same tiers as Paragon; but there is a roster/progression denial mentality
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I agree the frustration is sometimes misplaced and sometimes miscommunicated or misinterpreted.

I just think the current system creates frustration. If I was playing something and my experience went suddenly from challenging but successful to losing most of my matches and feeling hopeless I’d probably stop playing that mode for a while.

I don’t think most people complaining expect to make it to celestial or compete for top rewards. I think they just want a game mode they can enjoy playing for the full season which probably means capping out when they hit a win/loss ratio around 50/50 and not when they hit the “Platinum Stonewall”. I think that’s reasonable desire and I don’t think the current system offers it based on the number of these kinds of threads we see.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    SubDegree said:

I don’t like to rant usually but BG matchmaking has just been the worst. 3 consecutive games I’ve gone up against players with 7* R2s and a 6* r5s across their entire roster and I haven’t got a single 6* r4 yet.. I’ve got 4 rank 3 champs and that’s it… how can I even compete..?

This person is in my alli:

They are currently plat 3 and have scored 142,185 pts. Far as i can tell no funny business. If they can get there, anyone can get there. Just gotta want it more, apparently.
  • Options

SubDegree said:

They are currently plat 3 and have scored 142,185 pts. Far as i can tell no funny business. If they can get there, anyone can get there. Just gotta want it more, apparently.
    But what tier are they in? Because theoretically you can hit that with ~54 matches, assuming you lose every time

• Options

I think you’re referring to the seeding system. I think Paragons may benefit the most out of it.

I would also love to see something analogous to a loser’s bracket for lower progression players and give out consolation prizes, maybe 25-50% of the reward payout in Victory Track. I’m not exactly sure if this is something feasible for the Devs to sit down and plan out, but I’m just trying to spitball a resolution for smaller accounts outside of facing accounts they may not realistically be able to beat consistently. At least they can still play the game mode, have a better experience in the game mode, and still feel like they’re getting something for their efforts.

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    DUHveed said:

I think you’re referring to the seeding system. I think Paragons may benefit the most out of it.

I would also love to see something analogous to a loser’s bracket for lower progression players and give out consolation prizes, maybe 25-50% of the reward payout in Victory Track. I’m not exactly sure if this is something feasible for the Devs to sit down and plan out, but I’m just trying to spitball a resolution for smaller accounts outside of facing accounts they may not realistically be able to beat consistently. At least they can still play the game mode, have a better experience in the game mode, and still feel like they’re getting something for their efforts.

Getting to plat is the consolation prize...
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,575 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

DUHveed said:

Getting to plat is the consolation prize...
    I thought complaining on the forums was the consolation prize ...
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    SubDegree said:

You aren't supposed to compete with these accounts.
    Prestige matchmaking protected you all the early VT tiers, and now (assuming you are at Platinum) that protection is turned off and you are facing the competition.
    If you want desperately to advance more, improve your roster, else settle with the daily objectives and rewards from all previous tiers, because this seems to be the cap of your competitive strength.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

SubDegree said:

They are currently plat 3 and have scored
    142,185 pts. Far as i can tell no funny business. If they can get there, anyone can get there. Just gotta want it more, apparently.
    But what tier are they in? Because theoretically you can hit that with ~54 matches, assuming you lose every time

Like i said, they're in plat 3.

That means they've won a good number of matches with their unironic all 4* deck.
  • Options

DUHveed said:

SubDegree said:

They are currently plat 3 and have scored
    142,185 pts. Far as i can tell no funny business. If they can get there, anyone can get there. Just gotta want it more, apparently.

Like i said, they're in plat 3.

That means they've won a good number of matches with their unironic all 4* deck.
    Ah, my fault. Missed that first part
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 515 ★★★
    Another one!