WTF is Trello

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,818 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

_Pez_ said:

The lack of ingame messaging about bugs/updates is probably my biggest issue with this game.

Some people like to comment that people on forums are the vocal minority of the player base and yet information just isn't communicated to the majority of players. If there is some important bug, you shouldn't have to go to the forums or Trello, it should get notified ingame or in the minimum there should be a section of the game interface which links to the bug list.

If you have examples on how other games do this, I would love for you to forward them to me. I am always looking for new ways to ensure that we're communicating, but an in-game message for each known issue is not really viable, or something I've ever seen done before.

I will admit that we need to go wider with this board, and it's going to be shared in an in-game message pretty soon. But if there's something other games are doing that I haven't, please let me know.
    That sounds really worthwhile, Miike. Thank you.

QoL suggestion: given that a mail will rapidly fall out of the mailbox; and will also be of no use to people joining after it, how about a link to the Trello on this page, maybe replacing the forum link? Or something?

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Pubgmobile has patch notes on game start
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    Dota 2 also has patch notes in game.
    Fact is, most games have better communication and less bugs than mcoc
    Losing on both front kabam
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Fairly certain Archero does this with every update and also sends a “thanks for updating” gift of a little in game currency. I haven’t played it for a while but I’ll try to log in until the next update to post a screenshot of their format.

This will also require keeping the Trello more current. There are still bugs on there that have been fixed for weeks and bugs that were just fixed (Cassie, Kate, etc.) that aren’t on there at all.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★

@Kabam Miike Download clash of clans for a couple of minutes and they have a very easy to access “News” tab that show all of the update and bug fixes along with upcoming changes. They even includes link in-game if they can’t fit in all the details. This is the PRIME example how information should be communicated.
    Key thing “Easy to access information in-game”.

I haven’t played clash in years however I see more communication from them about that game than I do from Kabam.

Kabam should either become significantly more active on its Facebook page, institute a news tab in game, or perhaps get an official discord channel or beef up their Twitter.

This forum only houses a very small community.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike Download clash of clans for a couple of minutes and they have a very easy to access “News” tab that show all of the update and bug fixes along with upcoming changes. They even includes link in-game if they can’t fit in all the details. This is the PRIME example how information should be communicated.
    Key thing “Easy to access information in-game”.

I haven’t played clash in years however I see more communication from them about that game than I do from Kabam.

Kabam should either become significantly more active on its Facebook page, institute a news tab in game, or perhaps get an official discord channel or beef up their Twitter.

This forum only houses a very small community.
    Imo an in-game patch notes/news tab is mandatory.
    Official discord could help
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★
    edited July 2023
    Maybe have bugs/known issues and things like the root issue be a topic of discussion on the live streams.

I know that the live streams are typically for "feel good" items, but I think it would go a long way with the player base to understand the the challengers the devs and designers are facing with these mechanics. People (myself included) tend to forget that there is a human element to all of this, and just hearing someone explain these things in that forum might help.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

_Pez_ said:

The lack of ingame messaging about bugs/updates is probably my biggest issue with this game.

Some people like to comment that people on forums are the vocal minority of the player base and yet information just isn't communicated to the majority of players. If there is some important bug, you shouldn't have to go to the forums or Trello, it should get notified ingame or in the minimum there should be a section of the game interface which links to the bug list.

If you have examples on how other games do this, I would love for you to forward them to me. I am always looking for new ways to ensure that we're communicating, but an in-game message for each known issue is not really viable, or something I've ever seen done before.

I will admit that we need to go wider with this board, and it's going to be shared in an in-game message pretty soon. But if there's something other games are doing that I haven't, please let me know.
    A pop up news and announcements type of board like in Genshin,Clash Royale and other games would go a long way, like when a player opens the game a screen on top of the home screen pops up informing them about any announcement.
    Or simply a news/Announcement option on homescreen which will send the player to the website where the announcements are made
    But for all of this you guys will first need to decide which website should players refer to for game related announcements
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    I honestly think we don’t need multiple social media’s to give informations/news. The forums itself should be the headquarter centre while the social media is something to advertise like new champions release and so on.

The forum used to keep track in the bug section where Kabam Ziibit, I think?, used to add information what bug has been reported and under investigation to be fixed and so on and it has worked well and suddenly we have TRELLO? Feels like kabam are doing extra unnecessary work with adding trello as bug report thingie.

I’m fine with Facebook, twitter and other social media to give news, but those, in my opinion, should be the last and forum being the first as forum has always been the place to go for any informations being asked, asking, given and searching for a specific information(s). I shouldn’t have to keep track, which I am fully aware that I’m lazy on my part, of multiple social media just for one update or advertising.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    Daddrieda said:

I honestly think we don’t need multiple social media’s to give informations/news. The forums itself should be the headquarter centre while the social media is something to advertise like new champions release and so on.

The forum used to keep track in the bug section where Kabam Ziibit, I think?, used to add information what bug has been reported and under investigation to be fixed and so on and it has worked well and suddenly we have TRELLO? Feels like kabam are doing extra unnecessary work with adding trello as bug report thingie.

I’m fine with Facebook, twitter and other social media to give news, but those, in my opinion, should be the last and forum being the first as forum has always been the place to go for any informations being asked, asking, given and searching for a specific information(s). I shouldn’t have to keep track, which I am fully aware that I’m lazy on my part, of multiple social media just for one update or advertising.

I keep reading that the forums is only visited by 10% of the player base and possibly less. I believe the issue is how to tackle informing as many players as possible.

Imo in game - some how some way- appears to be the best solution. I mean, if you’re actively playing and it’s in the mail or a pop up, it’s there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

The Forums are first and foremost a place for us to discuss the game with each other. There's definitely room for improvement with the distribution of news, but there is a variety of outlets to gather information. That's just smart business in 2023.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

_Pez_ said:

What about the other issues with the Trello board? (I've done a pretty in-depth write-up in a recent post here but as a summary)

Missing info/description of bugs

No easy place to give more info on a specific bug

And more importantly, missing bugs that have been in the game for a while (HtD for example)

Are there any definitive plans to get these sorted out, because even if every player knew about the Trello board, it doesn't give much information in it's current state, and thus not much of a reason to look at it

Daddrieda said:

I keep reading that the forums is only visited by 10% of the player base and possibly less. I believe the issue is how to tackle informing as many players as possible.

Imo in game - some how some way- appears to be the best solution. I mean, if you’re actively playing and it’s in the mail or a pop up, it’s there.
    This is interesting. I always thought that the forums visitation was somewhat huge as it’s been around for years. Your solution could be the idea to redirect the players to the forum with a link to the said thread. This could potentially increase the visitation as after all the forum should and still should continue be the main hub centre.

Daddrieda said:

The Forums are first and foremost a place for us to discuss the game with each other. There's definitely room for improvement with the distribution of news, but there is a variety of outlets to gather information. That's just smart business in 2023.
    I’m not sure about the smart business in 2023 part. I agreed that it can be useful to distribute advertise of champions release or something in those social media, but giving out important piece of information or any kind of information shouldn’t be in these as those can disappear through threads and so on. In forum it is easier to pin a thread as pinned thread from kabam often tend to be important.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

I’m not sure about the smart business in 2023 part. I agreed that it can be useful to distribute advertise of champions release or something in those social media, but giving out important piece of information or any kind of information shouldn’t be in these as those can disappear through threads and so on. In forum it is easier to pin a thread as pinned thread from kabam often tend to be important.
    If you're running a business, you want people linked in as many ways as possible. The Forums, although they're dear to me, aren't going to compete with other social networks like Facebook or Twitter. It's wise to use as many as possible if you want to reach as many people as you can.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

_Pez_ said:

Could we not get a link in game (like the support or forum links/tab) that will take us straight to the Trello bug board? I think that would settle all sides points
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    My precious post is awaiting approval so might never show up but what’s the point of having a bug board outside the forums . There’s a bugs and known issues section that was In use as long as we’ve had MCoC forums. It seems more like misdirection and avoidance especially considering my next point.

What is the point of even having a separate website called a “bug tracker” when it’s never updated. I’ve reported a battlegrounds bug for over 1 year on these forums with all information requested. I’ve also emailed “support” a handful of times about the same bug and it’s still not listed on trello. Why should I bother checking a 3rd parry website when I can’t even get a bug listed there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

There’s a bugs and known issues section that was In use as long as we’ve had MCoC forums.

What is the point of even having a separate website called a “bug tracker” when it’s never updated.

The Trello board is mostly just a more centralized place to check the current status on bugs. There, you can see whether a bug has already been fixed, will be fixed soon, they need further testing, etc.
    They can't really do that as well here.

But I do agree that they should be adding bugs as they become aware of them. I don't see a point in checking frequently if there's such a high chance that the information I'm looking for just won't be there.
    edited July 2023

There’s a bugs and known issues section that was In use as long as we’ve had MCoC forums.

What is the point of even having a separate website called a “bug tracker” when it’s never updated.

The Trello board is mostly just a more centralized place to check the current status on bugs. There, you can see whether a bug has already been fixed, will be fixed soon, they need further testing, etc.

But I do agree that they should be adding bugs as they become aware of them. I don't see a point in checking frequently if there's such a high chance that the information I'm looking for just won't be there.
    That first paragraph is a pipe dream. I can’t check status of bugs they don’t list there and I’ve not seen any detailed info there about status of listed bugs.

It’s a failure and ever since they posted about the trello board, communication re: bugs has been the worst I’ve ever seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

That first paragraph is a pipe dream. I can’t check status of bugs they don’t list there and I’ve not seen any detailed info there about status of listed bugs.

It’s a failure and ever since they posted about the trello board, communication re: bugs has been the worst I’ve ever seen
    For sure, but it can still be helpful. I made a thread a month or two ago about a Quicksilver bug, and I've had to completely adjust my playstyle while fighting him because of it. I checked the Trello board and it had that bug listed with the "Fix Live" tag, so I've been able to breathe easy fighting him ever since.

It's the furthest thing from perfect and definitely needs more effort put into improvements, but it's not totally useless. I just hope Miike listens to the criticism and we can see something change with it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★

_Pez_ said:

Any feedback on the suggestions provided a few months ago?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/329505/opinions-on-trello/p1

The thread probably got subsumed in whatever was going on at the time, but I think there were at least a couple of ideas there that might make Trello more accessible.

Dr. Zola
    edited July 2023

For sure, but it can still be helpful. I made a thread a month or two ago about a Quicksilver bug, and I've had to completely adjust my playstyle while fighting him because of it. I checked the Trello board and it had that bug listed with the "Fix Live" tag, so I've been able to breathe easy fighting him ever since.

It's the furthest thing from perfect and definitely needs more effort put into improvements, but it's not totally useless. I just hope Miike listens to the criticism and we can see something change with it.
    While it's great you got some action, that isn't the norm. I've posted over 10 videos over 12 months showing a battlegrounds bug where theres no fight timer. No mod has bothered to reply and the bug isn't listed on trello. I have zero confidence that Kabam:

1. cares
    2. will respond to my year old thread
    3. will acknowledge & investigate the bug
    4. will fix the bug

Until Kabam can demonstrate they have a valid process for bug reports and bug fixing, then I'll just assume they don't take bug reports seriously and that trello is just a waste of space.
  • hburns03hburns03 Member Posts: 74

_Pez_ said:

CoD and Rainbow 6 siege are a good example. they have in game pop ups when you first load into the game of most recent bug fixes/updates that also provide links to see more info
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    As long as all communication channels point to one place or all the information is shared consistently on all channels it doesn’t really matter to me how it’s done. In game messages and/or links need to be part of the plan though.

The first priority needs to be improving the communication in one place via one channel that is well publicized.

If Trello is the path forward it needs to be fully updated at least once a week. I also think any ongoing bugs need a dedicated thread here for people to provide info and feedback.

Hopefully these are all on the list to improve communication in general:

1.Patch note posts need to be accurate.

2.Bug fixes that are going to alter game mechanics need to be announced when the bug is identified, when the fix is complete, and when they get released.

3. Bug reports need to be acknowledged somehow.

4. Bug fixes that go live between game updates (Gambit Relic) need to be announced at least when they go live if not sooner.

5. Any known bug impacting a champ needs to be clearly and fully addressed during the rebalance update post.
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★

_Pez_ said:

I am concerned about posting on different media's, you need to be a detective and had a lot of time available to dig all info up. It's what politicians do to bury information and this never goes well.
    Why can't this be in one location on the forum in a different location labelled issues or announcements. Keep the information short an concise. Run the forum as a one shop shop