is doom bugged?

ra_wrra_wr Member Posts: 68
edited July 2023 in General Discussion

doing the doom cycle as far as i know, to get another SP3 it usually was reparry, M, l, l, l, and heavy after throwing an sp1. but suddenly its not?? am i playing him wrong or is doom bugged?

edit: its based on combat power rate and i realise that now. its dumb though.

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    ra_wr said:

doing the doom cycle as far as i know, to get another SP3 it usually was reparry, M, l, l, l, and heavy after throwing an sp1. but suddenly its not?? am i playing him wrong or is doom bugged?

Up to 6* rarity inclusive, champions have increased combat power rate based on current rank. Since your 6* Doom seems to be at R1, combat power rate is not enough to reach a second sp3 after the combo string you mentioned. Once you take Doom to R3 or higher you should be able to perform the Doom cycle properly. You could always take a few hits into the block before parrying and going for a combo to ensure you have enough power
  • zernixzernix Member Posts: 82
    It's likely cuz your Doom is rank 1.

There's a hidden stat called combat power rank, and it's increased by 5% (I believe) each rank.

I have a 5 Star R5 Doom and a 6 Star R3 Doom and the 6 star is always just slightly short of power for a "proper" Doom cycle. I think R4 he would have enough but I'm not too sure (unless you run MD).
  • ra_wrra_wr Member Posts: 68
    zernix said:

It's likely cuz your Doom is rank 1.

There's a hidden stat called combat power rank, and it's increased by 5% (I believe) each rank.

I have a 5 Star R5 Doom and a 6 Star R3 Doom and the 6 star is always just slightly short of power for a "proper" Doom cycle. I think R4 he would have enough but I'm not too sure (unless you run MD).

yep. i just had an epiphany after i posted 😅😅